G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 10 Non Members

Skye Bogenhuber

West Australian Racing
snake1snake1    40 posts
Interesting article in the West Australian today. Former Toowoomba Premiership Jockey Skye Bogenhuber is making the move, following her partner New Track Manager Chris Nation over. It will be interesting to see what metro Stables give her a crack
+1 -1

RightOakAunt, tofarkennard likes this post.

Comments

• FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    edited June 2017
    Good jockey.

RIO, GLAMOUR, Lendmefifty, Chelsea likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    This is great, just read it.

Many an afternoon getting out of jail at Toowoomba on the Skye train hahaha

Ridersonthestorm33, RIO, hash, Chelsea likes this post.

• snake1snake1    40 posts
    Wouldn't be surprised if becomes a dominant jockey in WA riding ranks
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited June 2017
    That's true Bomber...I remember about a decade ago having good comebacks following two jockeys at Toowomba when all seemed lost...ex WA jockey Jason Sharp and a hoop by the name of Glen Lynch. Both had a lot of success. Lynch actually won a Queensland Derby aboard Ice Chariot who later ran in a Melbourne Cup. When watching Skye Bogenhuber ride recently kinda reminded me of there dominant times. She's outstanding from what have seen.

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    snake1 said:

There are many on the east cost who could do that!!!!!! Lets hope the opportunities come her way. I'd have no problem with her sitting on any of mine.
    Don't read The West. When are they arriving???
  • GLAMOURGLAMOUR    677 posts
    Apparently here,read she hopes to start track riding in a couple of weeks,be very handy being able to ride 49-50 kg.

RIO, Tucool likes this post.

• loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    Another fairly handy apprentice started at Toowoomba who was worth following a way back - Stathi Katsidis

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• psychopsycho    652 posts

Another fairly handy apprentice started at Toowoomba who was worth following a way back - Stathi Katsidis

Do believe he passed away some years ago ?

RIO likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ yep, a very troubled young man...

psycho likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Sporting family Stathis brother could box a bit as well
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    spinking said:

Sporting family Stathis brother could box a bit as well

I think he was a world champion at one point as a pro.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    It will be interesting to see how she rides given the way usually Toowoomba plays. I believe it's uphill to the finish and you usually see jockeys get on their bike early-unless of course there's a run on bias.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts

^^^ give the lady a few trials and she'll soon figure it out...this girl is no dill!!

• tofarkennardtofarkennard    177 posts
    Big step she had the pick of them in towwomba wont get same luxury over here very hard place for Eastern state jockeys to break into but I wish skye the best of luck we need as many riders over here as we can get at the moment
  • spinkingspinking    3,738 posts

Ask Dwayne Dunn how hard it is to get a gig here he knows

thefalcon, tofarkennard likes this post.

• Piston_BrokePiston_Broke    2,047 posts
    Mark de Montfort was another who couldn't get warm here
  • tofarkennardtofarkennard    177 posts
    Lane Maloney was another. .even local G1 winning jock P .king had to go to nsw to make a living now rides top 10 trainers regularly
  • ThumperThumper    820 posts
    Hopefully gets a good crack at it over here. The likes of Turner, Whiting, McGruddy, S Parnham etc have limited ability but somehow keep getting regular rides no matter how many they carve up.

RIO, Chelsea, oldhendo, Offthebit likes this post.

• dungydungy    9,278 posts
    snake1 said:

Herd that before on a few occasions re female jocks Lucy Warwrick was going to be a world beater 

Legless likes this post.

That's true Bomber...I remember about a decade ago having good comebacks following two jockeys at Toowomba when all seemed lost...ex WA jockey Jason Sharp and a hoop by the name of Glen Lynch. Both had a lot of success. Lynch actually won a Queensland Derby aboard Ice Chariot who later ran in a Melbourne Cup. When watching Skye Bogenhuber ride recently kinda reminded me of there dominant times. She's outstanding from what have seen.

Glen Lynch what a dead set loser !!! lost everything on the punt if i remember 
  • AceVAceV    181 posts
    edited June 2017
    dungy said:

snake1 said:

Herd that before on a few occasions re female jocks Lucy Warwrick was going to be a world beater 

She was.

And she can spell.

TheDiva, DamienWyer, oldhendo, Offthebit, RIO, Jell likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    dungy said:

snake1 said:

you have a short memory dungy.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Yeah Dungy..Lynch had his problems off the track and one or two on the track as well. Was originally from NZ. Won some races aboard the very smart horse Gold Edition in Sydney before a falling out with the trainer.
    TheDiva said:

dungy said:

snake1 said:

you have a short memory dungy.
    Nothing wrong with my memory so how has she gone since the claim went  any stables apart from her Dad that were putting her on ?? i understand she gave it away for a while she can ride leaders but no good coming from back in the field simple as that rather back Jerry Noske any day 
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    You'd rather bet on Jerry Noske who is riding 7% win rate and 19% top 3 rate, over Skye who is riding a 11% win rate and a 35% top 3 rate???

mmmmm
  • LeglessLegless    5,108 posts
    AceV said:

dungy said:

snake1 said:

She was.

and what happened? :-?
  • FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts

Former Toowooba jockey Skye Bogenhuber hopes to start the next phase of her career in Perth as early as next week.

Bogenhuber
    moved to Perth last month to be with her partner Chris Nation who is
    the new track manager at Perth’s Ascot and Belmont tracks.

Since 2008, Bogenhuber has won the Toowoomba premiership five times.

Bogenhuber was the first female rider to win the Weetwood Handicap on Miss Imagica for trainer Michael Nolan in 2013.

She is also the only female rider to have secured Toowoomba’s feature double after her 2013 Toowoomba Cup on Bang On.

Bogenhuber,
    who has ridden nearly 1000 winners, had planned to stay in Toowoomba
    until the end of the season in an effort to win a sixth title.

“I
    was missing Chris and I felt it was the right time to go. It was hard to
    leave because of the friendships and support I have got from so many
    trainers and racing people in Toowoomba,” Bogenhuber said.

She has had the past few weeks off from riding but has visited several West Australian tracks and is impressed with the set-up.

“I plan to start riding work again on Thursday. But I walk around at 49kg and have been exercising and running,” she said.

“I obviously won’t be riding this weekend. But I hope to get some rides next Wednesday or Saturday,” she said.

“I
    am looking forward to the challenge in Perth where racing is strong. I
    will have to start at the bottom and work my up. It will be different
    from Toowoomba where I really had the pick of the rides.”

One jockey she will be asking for advice is Perth’s premier rider William Pike.

“I
    have followed his career because Perth races at the same time as our
    Toowoomba meetings which are at night. He is a bit of a hero of mine and
    hopefully he can give me a few tips,” she said.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Reckon the only tip Willie will be giving her is "don't get in my way" haha. Only joking, as i've been told he is pretty good at passing tips on.
  • AceVAceV    181 posts
    That and how to get rolled on buck 40 pops

RIO likes this post.