G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 30 Non Members

The Fish has a bad smell

West Australian Racing

What the hell was J Whiting doing on Groovershaker in Race 3 today. I doubt there has been a worse ride in WA this year. The horse was well beaten but was never a hope after the first 600.

Unless the trainers instructions were to get 3 wide from barrier 2 within the first 300, There is no other reason, other than incompetence.

And did he drop a lettuce leaf out his briefs at the 700, what was he looking back for ??? he was never going to drop in to the trail.

By the way I backed the winner. 

Comments

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    Fair go the horse was having its first start, is obviously a rogue of some sort...
    I think the reason he ended up 3 deep so early was the horse hung out and was nearly bucking all over the shop and forced itself to race wide (not running straight)
    bit puzzled as to why or what he was doing looking over his left shoulder at the 600, possibly making sure a rival runner wasn't getting too close to the winner......

jum likes this post.

• jumjum    3,516 posts
    Yeah, after watching the replay for the 20th time I may have jumped the gun a bit, But I still think he was angling out instead of the horse hanging, only the head on will tell if it was angled out or hung out. :-??

RIO likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,761 posts
    jum said:

What the hell was J Whiting doing on Groovershaker in Race 3 today. I doubt there has been a worse ride in WA this year.

You obviously missed Granny Smith's ride on Pop Hero last Saturday.

AceV likes this post.

• BludnutBludnut    46 posts
    No problem with pasting a jockey if they stuff one up but that is very harsh Jum. Not the easiest of rides for the Fish. Plenty worse out there!
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    Save your $$$ dont back him and Turner and your balance sheet will look a lot nicer 
    Whats S Odonnell upto ??? fell of the perch big time over the last few years doesnt seem to have a stable to ride for has he lost the hunger maybe ? or age caught up with him ?
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    All things considered i reckon Donga is going okay.
    His riding isn't crash hot, but there are worse going around in WA at the moment.

jum likes this post.

RIO said:

All things considered i reckon Donga is going okay.
    His riding isn't crash hot, but there are worse going around in WA at the moment.

So what's he upto ?? Hasn't ridden a winner in a month or more
  • VoodooVoodoo    1,238 posts
    SOD not ridden since mid may......away on holidays maybe ????
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Whats he up to?? His riding isn't crash hot..that's it. I'm not the great defender of Donga or anything but if he isn't named in any stewards reports, not suspended or injured, then all the conversation is about is his performance..And at the moment it aint good.

Above and beyond that all that i know is.......considering everything in life.....he's going okay. ie good bloke having a bad run. Shite happens
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,761 posts
    edited June 2017
    Hey Rio you didn't bite at Dungy suggesting punters don't back Turner. Have you and Troy kissed and made up then?  :x
  • tofarkennardtofarkennard    177 posts
    My biggest concern is fish SOD turner knuckey brown ect must b closer to finishing up ..whose coming thru to replace these jocks not only ability wise and let's face it all good tradesmen in there day but numbers wise i rekin we're running out of jocks in the next 3-5 years

RIO likes this post.

• BludnutBludnut    46 posts
    He is a great fella as you say Rio. Probably having a well deserved holiday!
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    edited June 2017

Hey Rio you didn't bite at Dungy suggesting punters don't back Turner. Have you and Troy kissed and made up then?  :x

hahaha...  Mr Turner and i have had several conversations over the past year or so. As with Donga, he is a nice bloke. As with Donga, i very rarely back him!!! ;-)
  • LendmefiftyLendmefifty    227 posts
    I can't bring myself to back Turner unless I am supremely confident of the horse and the position it will settle into. If the horse is a marginal chance and not drawn to suit it's style, I avoid it like the plague when I see T. Turner. 

RIO, oldhendo likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts

I can't bring myself to back Turner unless I am supremely confident of the horse and the position it will settle into. If the horse is a marginal chance and not drawn to suit it's style, I avoid it like the plague when I see T. Turner. 

totally agree LMF..if it is drawn to race the way it likes to race, and its the only one that takes that position out of all the horses in the race....I may put it in my novelties. if in doubt it will sit in its preferred racing spot.....I leave it out....... And i have had him on mine in the past 12 months ;-)

Agree might be a hard worker but simply has no ability
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    On a similar note I was looking at Jockey SR% last night and noticed Mitchell Pateman has a top 3 SR of 46%

Granted most of this is from riding in the Provincials but he's still very consistent nonetheless.

Fastmoney, Rex, RIO likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,745 posts
    T.Turner and his young bloke are the only ones to to have sat on one of mine I have a share in
  • NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    I'm sorry for your loss

spinking, dungy, RIO likes this post.

In saying that the young fella has a 100% record on her

spinking said:

In saying that the young fella has a 100% record on her

what about the oldman ??
    50% Dungy
    spinking said:

50% Dungy

Your a very lucky fella Spink not many can say TT goes at 50% on there animals 

RIO likes this post.

He has only had by memory the 4 rides on her Dungy so hoping when she comes back he stays on that percentage rate with her That would be good
    spinking said:

He has only had by memory the 4 rides on her Dungy so hoping when she comes back he stays on that percentage rate with her That would be good

Absolutely mate any jock that goes at 50% you would be happy with that

spinking likes this post.

• udontknowudontknow    483 posts
    If the Fish has a bad smell what do you do?

Leave it alone and go for steak. DANIEL STAECK!

=))
  • jumjum    3,516 posts
    T Bone

udontknow likes this post.

• udontknowudontknow    483 posts
    Throw another staeck on the barbie. 3 our of 4 at kalgoorlie so far

jum likes this post.

• jumjum    3,516 posts
    Might be Waygu Ribeye if he keeps going