G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 16 Non Members

AFL Round 16

Sport

Comments

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Good to see you hanging in their Brady unlike the greatest front runner of all times, our good friend
    "Occy".

brady, oldhendo likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    oh how oh how did the kangaroo miss that last kick...bet diva is still stunned.
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    spinking said:

Deto are you a bit worried about the absence of your sparring partner, 24comments into this post and not a word from him strange to say the least. I knew the draw yesterday would bring our resident, and well informed stats man Paul back from holidays not only did he have the stat for a team drawing 2 weeks in a row up but before the footy channels as well  You sure you dont work for one of them Paul

Arrrr I'm here just been of the grid for a week I'm. Or Occy ,happy to win we didn't beat much but a wins a win and we're are blooding kids ,I'm amazed Darling had another good game Lecras also but got his usual cheapies that midfield is very slow , Fyfe back in form , Blakley ,Walters , Hill brothers ,Neale , we are a silly chance next week as I simply don't rate the WCE mid oh well we will see I was happy to take 8-10 wins for the year let the last 2 slip but Bennell nearly ready , Alex Pearce back for next year I'm excited for 2018 and Sean Darcy is a good young kid
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Welcome back Dungy. Congrats on an exciting win for your boys today.
    Sitting close to the fence and watching my boys today, you get an appreciation of the skills of the AFL players. Ryder was outstanding today and put on a clinic.
    You also get an appreciation of how slow some players are as well. Priddis, Mitchell, Sheed and Gaff.
    I have a new whipping boy as well. SHARROD WELLINGHAM. Back to East Perth and stay there.
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Good to hear that your still out there Dungy . Agree Deto Paddy Ryder is a serious exponent of the game
    Same Paddy Ryder is a freak his work below the knees is brilliant for a big man 
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    spinking said:

Good to hear that your still out there Dungy . Agree Deto Paddy Ryder is a serious exponent of the game

dungy and det last seen on sunday night enjoying an ale together in Freo after their win

confirmed sighting of the two but unsure who bought the round

jpg
    jpg
    beer-in-a-pub-61772671.jpg

oldhendo, RIO, detonator, spinking likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    If i had've been around i would have bought them a free round. Although by the look of the photo..I'm pretty sure i don't go to that pub!!!!!
    =)) =)) ;)
    you know the saying RIO - 20 bucks is 20 bucks.. or in this case a free beer 

RIO likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    thefalcon said:

oh how oh how did the kangaroo miss that last kick...bet diva is still stunned.

bit disappointing... but then again, I dont think it was worthy of a free kick in the first place. 
    there are three positives for a kangas fan... 
    1.we're now 2nd bottom of the ladder which puts us in the box seat for some decent draft picks
    2. after majak daws WOG performance... he surely must be gone for next year
    3. finally, surely.... but surely... brad scott will finally come under some pressure as coach (I wish buckley would just get sacked... because while he's still in a job... everyone is concentrating on him and scott flies under the radar. 

• TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Not a Roos supporter but agree totally in relation to Scotty. He record is certainly taking a hit. .

Winning Record Overall (%)

Scott 51.7% (8th year)
    Eade 49.7 (well below this in his stint at Gold Coast)
    Buckley 51.2 (7th year)
    Hardwick 48.3 (8th year)

as opposed to
    Chris Scott 71.3% (7 years)
    John Longmire 67.1 (7 years)
    Clarkson 62.4 (13 years)

It's not as if these blokes haven't had the chance to develop their squads to play the brand of footy they are aiming for. I'm starting to think Simpson is at risk as well. The Eagles look slow and struggle to contain an opponent . On the flip side, I thought Ross Lyon was in a bit of trouble , but I believe 11 first year players played on Sunday. That is a quick and impressive turnaround.

hash said:

spinking said:

dungy and det last seen on sunday night enjoying an ale together in Freo after their win

confirmed sighting of the two but unsure who bought the round

That can't be and Det no Chardonnay and Export on the table lol lol

spinking likes this post.

I will be having a celebratory Chardonnay on Sunday, Dungy.
    Our new motto. "SLOW and steady wins the race"

spinking likes this post.

detonator said:

I will be having a celebratory Chardonnay on Sunday, Dungy.
    Our new motto. "SLOW and steady wins the race"

Lol lol lol good work mate
    I wasn't aware that the AFL 3 strikes policy not only applies to drug taking but to striking literally.
    Wood gets a week for his third stomach punch. Cotchin gets a $1500 fine for his second.
    So what the AFL are effectively saying is that you can punch anyone in the guts twice before you risk a suspension for a third hit.
    Everyone in the AFL should punch on.
    AFL don't like the punching but do little to stop it ???
    And Membrey was very very lucky to get 3 down to 2. Should be 5 down to 4 in my opinion. That was severe contact on a defenceless player.

Not a Roos supporter but agree totally in relation to Scotty. He record is certainly taking a hit. .

Scott 51.7% (8th year)
    Buckley 51.2 (7th year)
    Hardwick 48.3 (8th year)

as opposed to
    Clarkson 62.4 (13 years)

It's not as if these blokes haven't had the chance to develop their squads to play the brand of footy they are aiming for. I'm starting to think Simpson is at risk as well. The Eagles look slow and struggle to contain an opponent . On the flip side, I thought Ross Lyon was in a bit of trouble , but I believe 11 first year players played on Sunday. That is a quick and impressive turnaround.

So Hardwicke at the bottom , that doesnt surprise me 

Scott 51.7% (8th year)
    Buckley 51.2 (7th year)
    Hardwick 48.3 (8th year)

as opposed to
    Clarkson 62.4 (13 years)

We also have Alex Pierce who is a serious footballer, Bennell if we can keep him on the park is anything , blokes like Hambling have played less than 30 games , young Darcy and also Appeness  , Lachie Weller , Blakely ,The Hills , Walters who is a serious A grade player , get more footy into Mcarthy and a big pre season  recruit another key forward and we will be contending in 2019 , next year is still a rebuild i wont get that far in front of myself  but very happy we were positioned going forward over half the team were rookies on Sunday 
    detonator said:

hash said:

no they can't det.... but Sydney can.... they're back and in form and peaking  ;)

yet another long shot future bet I declared that is sitting beautifully thus far  ;;)

Think you might be right Hash. They are looking very ominous.
    Nice crystal ball gazing.
    What odds are you in for ? Cash out cash out !!!! =D>

The Swans are back into $6 to win the Premiership after starting 0-6 ($101) :D