G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 31 Non Members

Stewards Reports

Harness & Greyhounds
Is there any chance we can get the stewards to put the Friday night Stewards reports up before Wednesday?  It happened for a few weeks in a row but now has become a will get to it when I can.  They have Saturday nights meeting up already but our premier meeting we can not get a stewards report until mid week. When trying to do form for this week it would be nice to have something to read back on to help. 

Comments

• JayJayJayJay    7,630 posts
    I think there are issues with Harness website.....maintenance and update went pear shaped. Got a notification that Harness Web was experiencing "difficulties"....no GP results from last night (I see race 1 is now up), no stewards report from last Friday but Saturday's is up....think it might be out of their control untill they sort the website out.
  • 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts
    Appreciate the Feedback JayJay
    Unfortunately this is not an isolated incident when it comes to the Friday Night Stewards reports. They have been delayed up to 4 or 5 days previously but recently have been good. Maybe what you are saying is the reason for this latest delay.

• FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    edited August 2017
    WA and a lot of states (and codes) are stuck in the dark ages.

Victorian Greyhounds have Stewards reports available on line for each race (from all tracks) prior to the next race (been happening for 5 years).

Understand ongoing issues would need to be added later but the standard race to race report should be available immediately (at worst by the end of the meeting). Technology is available, just need someone to make it happen.

Regardless of issues, waiting days for a Steward`s reports is ridiculous.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Out now, Not that it should make any difference but Chief Steward was on holidays.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,890 posts
    Stewards Report finally out for Tuesday Night GP program

Two points of interest

(1) Maras Ace Man - no query of the improved performance - 80 to 1 pop  ( with no form whatsoever)  sits 3 wide from the bell without cover - comes home in 29.5 and roars away in the straight . Oh hang on you have to be fair to the Stewards - it was the last race - it was a wet and cold night - their keen to get home - yeah alls good perfectly acceptable .

(2) Camporas race - the judge  put the wrong numbers up for 2nd and 3rd ( Ritchie called them in the correct order by the way ) gave  the all  clear and all Dividends were paid out on the wrong numbers . This would be about at least the 10th time this has happened in the past 2 years . But if your a Trots punter in WA - youve just got to cop this on the chin - thats how the cookie crumbles.

It hasnt happened to me yet - but if i correctly selected a 1st 4 - and say it paid 4-5 grand - and they mucked up and paid out on the wrong set of numbers - i would go to GP at night when no one was their - and i would throw a brick through their main Admin Window - id wait for the Police to arrest me - tell the Coppers why i did it - there would be publicity in the West Australian - and maybe just maybe they might fix the problem - but dont hold your breath.
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Due to a computer malfunction the photo finish machine was not operating at this meeting therefore race vision was used to assist the Judge.

??????
  • JayJayJayJay    7,630 posts
    All reports from the weekend up very promptly this week, as has been the recent norm ..Chief Steward attended Kellerberrin ....not quite the equivalent of Karl O'Callaghan doing point duty in Mount Magnet but a good thing I reckon.
  • 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts
    JayJay
    Yep kudos to them for having them up so quickly.
    Credit where credit is due.