G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 11 Non Members

Full Belmont Preview 12th August

West Australian Racing

Comments

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    Foxy Princess in R4 looks massive odds. Bar Plates coming off after a string of runs which have all had issues. Her maiden win back in March was good, sitting 4 wide no cover most of the way.
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Happy birthday to Bob Cramp too, cracking name

Thunderstruck, dannybrennan likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Streak Away
    Shinta Mani
    Cherie Amour
    Wee Cent
    Prize Catch
    Profit Street
    De Andes
    Gunnago

Good luck all
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    I like De Andes bomber

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• keymeupkeymeup    185 posts
    I like the chances of flying roar in the lucky last
  • udontknowudontknow    483 posts
    Stable secret
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    I resisted betting on perth all day and Randy Tan produces that? He could have had the back of the 2nd fav but he chooses the quicksand? Incredible
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    I'm with you Kramer. Very average ride. Made up his mind early in the race on how he was going to ride it I think.

I've been very average today. Gave Agachar a good chance - ride it back like last few and come with a run. Sits 3 wide the speed.
    Prize Catch - sit back and come home like last few runs. Sits outside the speed and first horse beaten.

A poor judge.

therealkramer likes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    edited August 2017

Gave Agachar a good chance - ride it back like last few and come with a run. Sits 3 wide the speed.

Still seething from this one. Runs the fastest 600m of the day last start and was blocked for a run. Then comes out and does that ~X(

Great ride on Meteoroid by Joey though, was going to take the rail but obviously it's off so quick decision to go around It's It once Potent Secret ran out of steam and dropped off.
  • ThumperThumper    820 posts
    Horse not good enough today but how good was Pateman's ride on Gunnago to lob just off the speed with cover from the outside gate. Bloke is riding in great form.

H-BOMBER, Jell likes this post.

• tomtom    76 posts
    how good was the winners ride lesser horse from all reports better ride

• ThumperThumper    820 posts
    Also 10/10 but did have barrier 1
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts

I'm with you Kramer. Very average ride. Made up his mind early in the race on how he was going to ride it I think.

I've been very average today. Gave Agachar a good chance - ride it back like last few and come with a run. Sits 3 wide the speed.
    Prize Catch - sit back and come home like last few runs. Sits outside the speed and first horse beaten.

A poor judge.

It's a bit hard when you think you have the right horse but you need to factor in whether the rider will take the right options. I find that less of a problem betting in Sydney these days and that's why my focus is here. 

oldhendo likes this post.

• BushChookBushChook    38 posts
    Agreed, Patemen is giving them every posssible at the moment. Building a strike rate that is not too far off Pike like numbers. Now he's bringing that form to town I can see him getting plenty more opportunities. Good on him

Jell likes this post.

• GLAMOURGLAMOUR    677 posts
    After watching the last race at Belmont,im confused,wirds coming from trainer saying By Decree is not a front runner, and the exact saying from the jockey,ive learnt her best place is from behind,and what happens yesterday,he tajes her to the front,anyones thoughts on him as a jockey,i just have my doubts,ok he one a Derby but i think anyone on the exsplocivebess

A poor judge.

It's a bit hard when you think you have the right horse but you need to factor in whether the rider will take the right options. I find that less of a problem betting in Sydney these days and that's why my focus is here. Talking of riders taking wrong options,after By Decrees 2 good wind where he sat in behind,the decided on front running tactics yedterday,and having read and heard previous reports from the trainer,the horse is not a front runner.or did the jockey just decide to take matters into his.own hands,if i was the trainer or owners id be wanting answers its ok for these jockeys get there riding fee,but its the trainers time setting the horse for a race and the owners who are out of pocket.