G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 9 Non Members

AFL 2017 - Round 22

Sport

Comments

• PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
    Although in fairness, our inability to finish off games could lend itself to this being our song for the season ... "We're the Eagles, the West Coast Eagles, and we're here to show you why, we don't play out four quarters, unlike a real team, we're the Eagles and our season's nigh!" :)

Thunderstruck, oldhendo, detonator likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts

Any chance of some constructive convo in these threads this **** gets tedious just saying.. :P

How about a tip for the flag as finals loom??

I reckon the Swans can do it even from 5th/6th, of course they will need some luck with injuries without the prospect of getting a week off.
    $4.75 is a bit skinny though given their chances of a top 4 finish are slim? Same goes for GWS @ $3.50?
    Adelaide will get a timely rest in the finals so they are the team to beat, GWS, Geelong and Richmond can't win imo.
    Rest of the bottom 4 wont do much Port will probably win their home final then sayonara for them.

I hear you TS.
    To bypass all the crap, don't bother reading the post's where the Dockers emblem appears in the left hand corner and you should be fine. :D

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Haha they are indeed crap tho the eagles arent much better..

Will the Swans beat the Crows tomoz?? I've hedged on that game and the Dogs v Port as Port aren't travelling all that well lately..

oldhendo likes this post.

PAUL said:

detonator said:

Freo should change their club song from "Freo way to go" to "Freo long way to go" lol lol.

Not that you need any encouragement @detonator, but just off the top of my head, for this season I'm thinking "Freo where to go, nowhere near the top eight instead we'll be far below, our premiership tally will still be zero, we are the Freo Dockers".
    I think I did the Dockers a bit of a disservice as they were actually in the top eight this season between Rounds 9-11, so to more accurately reflect their season, it's now ... "Freo, where'd ya go, you were in the top eight and now you're far below" :-\"

detonator likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Paul when it comes to stats your the man without any shadow of a doubt. But you better leave the songs up to someone else LOL

Thunderstruck, cisco likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    give it a rest will you? stick to the title of the thread... Im sick of deleting the crap you two are writing. 

jum likes this post.

Will the Swans beat the Crows tomoz??

Dunno, but it looks like being an audition potentially for this year's GF. If Sydney do win tomorrow, it definitely increases the chance of them playing each other again in the first week of the finals too.
    edited August 2017
    spinking said:

Paul when it comes to stats your the man without any shadow of a doubt. But you better leave the songs up to someone else LOL

Nice to see Paul dropping his guard and showing us a bit of his personality. Didn't realise he was an Eagles man up until a couple of post's ago.
    I knew there was something I liked about Paul "aka Bruce Mcavaney". :x

cisco, spinking likes this post.

detonator said:

Nice to see Paul dropping his guard and showing us a bit of his personality. Didn't realise he was an Eagles man up until a couple of post's ago.

I have supported the Eagles since their inception, was only a young tacker back then. It's funny though, I still remember parts of that first game at Subiaco back in 1987, when they came back from 33 points down at 3/4 time to beat Richmond by 14 points. Laurie Keene kicked the first goal for the Eagles. And now just to think on the weekend just gone, during the WCE v Carlton game, Josh Kennedy kicked the Eagles' 10,000th goal in VFL/AFL competition.

detonator, spinking likes this post.

PAUL said:

detonator said:

I have supported the Eagles since their inception, was only a young tacker back then. It's funny though, I still remember parts of that first game at Subiaco back in 1987, when they came back from 33 points down at 3/4 time to beat Richmond by 14 points. Laurie Keene kicked the first goal for the Eagles. And now just to think on the weekend just gone, during the WCE v Carlton game, Josh Kennedy kicked the Eagles' 10,000th goal in VFL/AFL competition.

Have you ever watched the film "Rainman" Dustin ? Er I mean Paul. ;)

dungy likes this post.

• dungydungy    9,278 posts
    Syd under 39.5 into Giants over 39.5 , Rich , STK 10.65 thats me , looking forward to tonights game think the flag race is down to 3 Adelaide, Syd and Giants 
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    edited August 2017
    using Paul's stats as best as I can I've come up with this multi for the weekend, leaving out tonights game as my theory on friday night footy is that it's always a trap and no one likes being KO'd at the first leg 

Bulldogs won last 2 inc 9 of the last 11
    Pies won the last 3 
    WCE won 5 of 6 (safe line bet)
    ESS won last time (won 5/7 overall) 
    HAW won last 14 
    H2H at MCG: MELB won last 2 
    Saints game is the only concern as both have nothing to play for but St Kilda have been a far better side this year of the two

PNG
    PNG
    Capture.PNG
    @PAUL have you got any stats on teams and how they perform the next week after a 100+ point win or loss... is there any hope for Freo and are there many teams that like in sydney's case have come out and lost the following week
    edited August 2017
    hash said:

@PAUL have you got any stats on teams and how they perform the next week after a 100+ point win or loss... is there any hope for Freo and are there many teams that like in sydney's case have come out and lost the following week

Fremantle's 104-point loss to Sydney last week was the 20th 100+ point loss since the start of the 2014 season. In the previous 19, the team that had lost, in the next game won 9 times, lost 9 times and drew once.

LAST 20 100+ POINT LOSSES
    R21 FRE lost to SYD by 104
    R10 FRE lost to ADE by 100, R11 lost to COLL by 20
    R2 GC lost to GWS by 102, R3 beat HAW by 86
    R23 RICH lost to SYD by 113, R1 beat CARL by 43
    R23 MELB lost to GEEL by 111, R1 beat STK by 30
    R20 BL lost to ADE by 138, R21 beat CARL by 4
    R12 ESS lost to HAW by 108, R13 lost to GWS by 27
    R8 STK lost to WCE by 103, R9 beat ESS by 46
    R6 GC lost to GEE by 120, R7 lost to MELB by 73
    R20 ESS lost to ADE by 112, R21 lost to GC by 2
    R17 CARL lost to HAW by 138, R18 lost to NM by 64
    R14 ESS lost to STK by 110, R15 beat MELB by 9
    R7 MELB lost to HAW by 105, R8 beat WB by 39
    R22 CARL lost to PA by 103, R23 drew with ESS
    R20 BL lost to ADE by 105, R21 beat COLL by 67
    R11 GEE lost to SYD by 110, R12 beat CARL by 5
    R10 GWS lost to RICH by 113, R11 lost to HAW by 7
    R8 GWS lost to WCE by 103, BYE, R10 lost to RICH by 113
    R7 STK lost to HAW by 145, R8 lost to CARL by 32
    R4 BL lost to PA by 113, R5 lost to RICH by 43

detonator likes this post.

However, the team that had won, in the next game only won 9 times and lost 10 times, although 6 of the last 8 have won.

LAST 20 100+ POINT WINS
    R21 SYD beat FRE by 104
    R10 ADE beat FRE by 100, R11 lost to GEE by 22
    R2 GWS beat GC by 102, R3 beat COLL by 3
    R23 SYD beat RICH by 113, Q/F lost to GWS by 36
    R23 GEE beat MELB by 111, Q/F beat HAW by 2
    R20 ADE beat BL by 138, R21 beat FRE by 72
    R12 HAW beat ESS by 108, R13 beat NM by 9
    R8 WCE beat STK by 103, R9 beat PA by 8
    R6 GEE beat GC by 120, R7 beat WCE by 44
    R20 ADE beat ESS by 112, R21 beat BL by 87
    R17 HAW beat CARL by 138, R18 lost to RICH by 18
    R14 STK beat ESS by 110, R15 lost to GWS by 35
    R7 HAW beat MELB by 105, R8 lost to SYD by 4
    R22 PA beat CARL by 103, R23 lost to FRE by 8
    R20 ADE beat BL by 105, R21 lost to RICH by 10
    R11 SYD beat GEE by 110, R12 beat GC by 35
    R10 RICH beat GWS by 113, R11 lost to ESS by 50
    R8 WCE beat GWS by 103, R9 lost to COLL by 8
    R7 HAW beat STK by 145, R8 lost to SYD by 19
    R4 PA beat BL by 113, R5 beat WCE by 14

hash, detonator likes this post.

SYD beat RICH by 113, Q/F  ;)) @Tivers @TorpedoPunt
    +27.5 the eagles may be a prob(and the price too as that line is 2.08 on the Tab atm, they must be on the drift?)
    And idk about the Pies either.
    I would put another one on Hash, sub in these amendments
    1)GWS line of -23.5 and 2)Geelong at the line 12.5 :P
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    dungy said:

Syd under 39.5 into Giants over 39.5 , Rich , STK 10.65 thats me , looking forward to tonights game think the flag race is down to 3 Adelaide, Syd and Giants 

I'll put your house on the grand final featuring two of those three teams, yes.

Think Adelaide need to win this years flag as GWS should win next years by 10 goals.
    This year is their chance while the kids of GWS still getting organised.
    edited August 2017

+27.5 the eagles may be a prob(and the price too as that line is 2.08 on the Tab atm, they must be on the drift?)

if i do that then you can guarantee geelong will cover the spread and eagles will win outright or something outrageous like that #murphyslaw

and yes eagles are on the drift, the line has shifted by 6 points (out)

Tivers said:

dungy said:

Think Adelaide need to win this years flag as GWS should win next years by 10 goals.

Agree Tivs also if the Giants win this year maybe there stats might start looking at bigger paypackets from rival clubs
    dungy said:

Tivers said:

dungy said:

Agree Tivs also if the Giants win this year maybe there stars might start looking at bigger paypackets from rival clubs

Well done Swans..they never give up :x

Well done Swans..they never give up :x

Brilliant game both sides will be going deep
    In September or winning the big dance

• ColdyColdy    1,720 posts
    Strange game Crows always looked like they would blow them away. Oh well ,if cats win the next 2 in a row ,and Crows loose next week that May just toss the finals system into a rubix cube \:D/

you wouldn't read about it @Thunderstruck!!

Collingwood +10.5 (they lose by 11)
    Geelong -12.5 (they win by 11)
    bookies take the lot....

you'd have to be seriously cursed and have to consider giving it away when a result like that goes against you!! 
    [-(
    Indeed thats why i rarely do multis Lol
    i wasn't on it i have been playing the tip 9 bets for a while and my bet went tits up thanks to the Hawks... :-q
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    GWS will have to go to another level very quickly if they are to win the Premiership.

Wins by 20 points and 12 points against two very average WA teams on their home ground is not a great recommendation.

hash likes this post.

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    dungy said:

Tivers said:

detonator said:

Tivers said:

And slyly pointed out he could afford them, in a sort of "look how I'm bending this lot over" way...

"Ross the boss" was looking smug tonight.
    Maybe his manager tabled his Shockers payout out figure along with his Collingwood 4 year contract offer. ???

why would Collingwood offer him a job ?
    I couldn't imagine them being interested in the slightest.

100% maybe they will chase Dimma the man who has never won a final lol lol

won't win one this year either.
    Will rightfully lose to Adelaide / GWS week one, then cop Sydney week two.
    Yep not much hope unless they improve considerably.
    Another embarrassing insipid performance from the Shockers.
    Richmond doing party tricks. Throw Rance forward and kicking goals.
    Is this the worst Dockers team that has ever been sent out on the park ?
    Even the Dockers reserves team that played saints a few years ago would beat this lot.
    Sad really !!! =))
This discussion has been closed.