G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 43 Non Members

Trotter Danke Competes In Two Races.

Harness & Greyhounds
Today at the Cambridge meeting in NZ the trotter Danke went around in two races on the card running third from the mobile start at double figures in race 1 then reappearing later on in the day in race 7 from a standing start and unplaced at similar odds.

A horse going around twice in the one day at a TAB meeting certainly a rarity these days.

Comments

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Some examples that I am aware of:
    Mineral Boy (J.F.Jones)  28/4/1955...started twice at Merredin and won both
    Whitedale (J.F.Jones) 25/7/1959...started twice at Goomalling and won both
    Whitedale (J.F.Jones)  12/10/1959...stared twice at York and won both
    Minton Hall (J.F.Jones) 30/3/1961...started twice at Kellerberrin and won both
    Redress (J.F.Jones  30/3/1972...started twice at Wagin, won the first, fell at his second.
    Redress (R.B.Cushing) 8/4/1972...started twice at Katanning and won both.

Very common back in the old days, these are just the ones I know about.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    I am pretty sure they used to have 2 races for the same horse at Harvey up until at least the late 80s/early 90s..a 4yo's only back up races from memory?
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Can't recall that at all VK. However do know one thing...many of the horses have backed over the years its been an effort for them to get around once.

Have a memory being at the York races on the dirt track many moons ago and a horse by the slightly unusual name of 'Blow Up' went around twice. ( Travelled on the race bus to York and it broke down we all got out and I sat down on a mound of dirt only to be attacked by a army of bull ants - swear to this day I'm still missing some skin from the attack )