G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 11 Non Members

SPRING CARNIVAL TIME

East Coast Racing

Comments

• PCPC    2,190 posts
    Owner said he was disappointed with Star Exhibit's last run in the PB Lawrence Stakes and said he had to run well in today's race to keep going with spring campaign. Not sure what this event does to be honest.....Star Exhibit went around riderless..
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    GOLD STANDARD - bred in WA at Mount Hallowell stud, wins the Stan Fox Stakes today in Sydney for Waterhouse and Bott
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    paraletic said:

paraletic said:

im predicting some decent results for the West Aussies over there. I know its easy to gush over a horse after a win but Quilista my oh my - what a win that was! Will be following this one moving fwd. 

Vega Magic, if he gets a run, will run top 3 in the Everest (at the very least). 

Another horse im following with a great deal of interest moving fwd is a 3yo colt called Gold Standard with Gai. Its owned by WA interests. Ran a nose 2nd last Saturday and should have won if it didnt miss the kick. Im on at $100/1 for the Golden Rose and $67 in the Caulfield Guineas.  

please please please go to the Rose!!!

Can't see Menari getting beaten
    Likely Golden Rose field

Menari
    Invader
    Formality
    Chauffeur
    Pariah
    The Mission
    Trapeze Artist
    Diamond Tathagata
    Merchant Navy
    Gold Standard
    Assimilate
    Cellargirl
    Dracarys
    Kementari
    Perast
    Shogun Sun
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    hash said:

paraletic said:

paraletic said:

im predicting some decent results for the West Aussies over there. I know its easy to gush over a horse after a win but Quilista my oh my - what a win that was! Will be following this one moving fwd. 

Vega Magic, if he gets a run, will run top 3 in the Everest (at the very least). 

Another horse im following with a great deal of interest moving fwd is a 3yo colt called Gold Standard with Gai. Its owned by WA interests. Ran a nose 2nd last Saturday and should have won if it didnt miss the kick. Im on at $100/1 for the Golden Rose and $67 in the Caulfield Guineas.  

please please please go to the Rose!!!

Can't see Menari getting beaten

cmon hash show my horse some love man lol

hash, jum likes this post.

• PCPC    2,190 posts
    Melbourne Cup weights and Caulfield Cup weights were released today by Racing Victoria.

From a WA point we have two horses nominated and been allocated weights for both races:

**Caulfield Cup**

Star Exhibit: 54kg

Boom Time: 52kg

**Melbourne Cup**

Star Exhibit: 54kg

Boom Time: 52kg

Star Exhibit is 20th in the ballot/order of entry for the Caulfield Cup and 24th for the Melbourne Cup.

Boom Time is 46th in the order of entry/ballot for the Caulfield Cup and 53rd for the Melbourne Cup.

The last WA horse to win the Caulfield Cup was Northerly in 2002. In 2016 Real Love finished 5th.

The last WA horse to win the Melbourne Cup was Rogan Josh in 1999. No WA horses ran in the Melbourne Cup in 2016.

jum likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    Hasn't Boom Time come on in the last 12 months
    do yourselves a favour and have something on Sully for the Guineas
    I know it's a long way out but the way this horse won today had Guineas/Derby written all over it
    i'll post the replay this arvo as soon as it's up
    also note Sportsbet have wound it in to $31 yet silly old tabtouch have it at $67
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Amazing that it won took a massive left hand turn fmd(i was on the 2nd horse, typical).

Be more likely a derby chance than guineas though wont it?

hash likes this post.

• TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Was a very good effort. I only had one bet in Leather'n'Lace, who I also think is promising and fairly bullet proof. Will be interesting to see where they go next.

Racing.com certainly do a good job. Great to be able to access the jockey interviews after the races.

I see Summer Passage is nominated for Saturday. Is very good but looks a tidy field.

As an aside, what a pain in the butt one can't access the NZ tote anymore due to the racing legislation that was passed in Australia.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/racing/96829953/betting-on-nz-tab-is-outlawed-in-australia

hash likes this post.

replay of Sully below, might need to login as a racing.com member though to view it

• jumjum    3,512 posts

I had a couple on it at $4(odds boost) yesterday Hashy. A mate pointed out its run to me the start before where it hung in also. He backed it at $67 for the guineas into $34 now.

It was a huge run.

Thunderstruck, hash likes this post.

It may still go to the guineas in 4 weeks but probably has to drop back to 1400 and run in a prelude in two weeks?
    Looking further ahead, On tabtouch there is NO Derby market up which is strange(wasnt up yesty either)
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    Its into $17 for the derby :-O

Thunderstruck likes this post.

edited September 2017
    ^^ i'm not that surprised really if they iron out some lane change issues he looks a likely derby type..ie may not go the guineas as its too close to the Vic derby? 1600 to 2500 in just 26 days..just a theory idk what their thoughts are..

Anyone got an oaks type they like?

^^ i'm not that surprised really if they iron out some lane change issues he looks a likely derby type..ie may not go the guineas as its too close to the Vic derby? 1600 to 2500 in just 26 days..just a theory idk what their thoughts are..

Was right the first time the gap is 21 days between Guineas and the Derby..

reminds me of the latest WA derby winner (name escapes me) yet to put it all together and is a handful for the jockey but has an electric turn of foot for a 3yo, you dont need to be able to stay to win a Derby you just need a horse that can settle in the run and let down the way Sully did yesterday 

Anchor Bid raced yesterday aswell on the same card as Sully and is being spruiked as an Oaks type, bolted in at Flem a couple months ago as a $1.40 fav then toweled them up yesterday, if she get the 2500 she'll play a big part in the Oaks or Aloisa another in the market, hasn't been passed a mile yet but has put in two nice runs in QLD (ex NZ horse) 
    Exactly right you dont need to be the best stayer.
    With him jockey would or should start to move up with a trail into it only as they turn and at the 300/250 press the button hold on to the right rein a bit tighter and maybe go bang!
  • jumjum    3,512 posts

Tulip, Think they will decide which way they go with her after tomorrow.

She was disappointing imo.Alizee was an impressive winner gee she zoomed late guineas for her!!
  • jumjum    3,512 posts

She was disappointing imo.Alizee was an impressive winner gee she zoomed late guineas for her!!

She will be running for 2nd then. Did you see Royal Symphony
    :-O
  • oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    Almandin, two cups?

Almost a moral on that run!!
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    61kg down to 56kg, can't be rehandicapped...yep!!!
    jum said:

She will be running for 2nd then. Did you see Royal Symphony
    :-O

Alizee is a Filly Jum i meant Thousand guineas.
    Agree RS looks a near spesh!

jum likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Was Almandin flattered by the tactics of the race though? No doubt excellent win but was set up?

hash likes this post.

• tonytony    2,361 posts
    While that might be true, Lloyd will have a few runners in all the big events so if he wants he can have the pace he desires.

H-BOMBER, oldhendo likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Is the WA horse Athlete looking at going to Vic for the derby? I thought i saw it on twitter yesterday. Nice turn of foot.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    Para, they are in la-la land....
    Nev always takes one across to bask in the carnival atmosphere...
    Rock Magic is going over for several sprint feature races wonder who will be riding, Noske?