G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 3 Non Members

Eagles club song

Sport
detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
Don't agree with most things Eddie says, but after the eagles sang the club song after one of their greatest victories in the clubs history, Eddie said it was the worst song in the AFL.
I have to agree. It is the shortest song (which Eddie commented on) as well.
But it is not inspiring at all. Even the players couldn't get it excited about singing it.
Time for a new club song.

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited September 2017
    My fave eight club songs are and in no particular order...

Demons...Saints...Pies...Lions...Tigers...Crows...Blues...Hawks. Then Kangaroos and Bombers just missing top eight.

• spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    Cmon Riders you could be kind and at least include the Kangas so they make the eight at something , okay Rooboy before you send the lynch mob only my futile attempt at humour

rooboy likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    Eddie has to comment on something most probably pi..ed off because Collingwood have not have to sing there song in September for some time. Deto did he have anything to say about using the young kids stats about the Richmond game without even giving the kid any credit for doing so . No thought not big blowguts is Eddie
    For Rooey and Diva...

....So Join in the chorus, and sing it one and all. Join in the chorus , North Melbourne's on the ball.
    Good old North Melbourne , they're champions you'll agree , North Melbourne will be premiers just
    you wait and see!

rooboy likes this post.

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Have to say - watching it live I did notice myself the lack of passion with which the players appeared to sing the song - v's the passion they showed on the field after the siren.

Maybe they'd spent it all then, or it was the camera angle or something - but it was very evident Saturday night.

detonator likes this post.

The Pies ''Good Old Collingwood Forever'' , is sung to the tune of Goodbye Dolly Gray which for history buffs was a popular Boer War and First World War song.

The current version of the song and played after a victory was recorded in 1972.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts

For Rooey and Diva...

....So Join in the chorus, and sing it one and all. Join in the chorus , North Melbourne's on the ball.
    Good old North Melbourne , they're champions you'll agree , North Melbourne will be premiers just
    you wait and see!

im still waiting...  :((
    edited September 2017
    Was in Melbourne for the 1996 Preliminary Final between North Melbourne and Brisbane....the Roos completely over powered the Lions ( think Sydney v Essendon last Saturday ) but what remember most was the number of times the North Melbourne club song was sung after the game ( by supporters ) and into the weekend. Again and again they belted it out , definetly a very passionate fan base.

Coming home on the plane we even started singing it ! Goodness knows how much it must have been sung the following week when they won the Grand Final over the Sydney Swans.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    Tivers said:

Have to say - watching it live I did notice myself the lack of passion with which the players appeared to sing the song - v's the passion they showed on the field after the siren.

Maybe they'd spent it all then, or it was the camera angle or something - but it was very evident Saturday night.
    They're saving the best for when after they win the GF
  • oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    In 2025. :D
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    oldhendo said:

In 2025. :D

Aren't you a pies supporter hendo ?
    You would be an expert on singing the song on GF day once in every 30 years. :))
    edited September 2017
    Brisbane Lions of course is sung to the tune of the French national anthem and Melbourne footy club song a patriotic tune and tribute to the American flag. Adelaide Crows a famous American marines tune.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Carltons song smokes em all by the length of the lygon st straight :D

jum, BlacksAFake, Winsumlosesum likes this post.

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Couldn't tell you...... long time since I heard it :))

RIO likes this post.

Winsumlosesum dislikes this post.