G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 9 Non Members

Gloucester Park Tuesday.

Harness & Greyhounds
Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
edited September 2017 Harness & Greyhounds
Reasonable meeting coming up going for a four leg multi....

Race 3. Win # 4. Neighlor ( look for sharp improvement from the ex Kiwi )

Race 4. Win # 1. Rockin The Boys ( odds on barrier one :-S will lead will win )

Race 7. Win # 10. Idealindiamonds ( Interdominion bound )

Race 8. End the multi with a Place Race 8. # 11. Hy Leexciting ( like this horse can win at eachway odds )

Comments

• DuffmanDuffman    141 posts
    I don't mind Cerato each way in Vampiros race, hopefully can slot in
    But does appear to be a favourite dominated event, unless Idealindiamonds gallops its win however have won 6 from 8 from the stand
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    They haven't missed Neighlor in early markets.

Thought it looked very hard to beat but will pass at the $1.25
    There Goes multi

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• troopertrooper    681 posts
    Any wonder people hate trots
    Guns with cows
    I'm giving up on quaddies

Gilgamesh, Thunderstruck likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    I backed the 2nd horse roll with me..went well at its first run in the west should win soon.
    I backed bettor twisted who was inconvienenced the whole first lap by the useless dee devito
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    One for JJ was that win behind Guns With Cows Tony Ciuppa first metro winner?
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Psychiatrist wanted...2 actually, one for the horse and another for the owner.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited September 2017
    @Duffman that Dee Devito God love him but he's non competitive! Go back through his form and have a look at a few replays...dropping back on horses all the time.

Stewards for goodness sake have a look at Dee Devito. It's a joke. Would he be competitive at Busselton ? Very doubtful.
    edited September 2017
    Said to somebody last night...blink and hold it for 2.4 seconds...and guarantee that's all the time it will take from barrier 4 for Shannon Suvaljko to have Bad Round down to the pegs in front.

He's got the knack of either finding the lead , or on a bolter of positioning on the pegs behind leader or three back. A couple of weeks ago at Northam Foxy Dame drew outside of the backline and after fifty metres was directly behind the front runner. Theres a skill to that , not just luck.

Offthebit likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Certain things stick in my mind and Bad Round from barrier four at Pinjarra 26th October 2016, same driver and easing favourite went back at the start (no real pace inside) and pulled out very late to run 5th. Always had some query on its gatespeed since then but it may have evolved with time  ;)

Ridersonthestorm33, Gilgamesh likes this post.

^^Haha yes interesting. Gees Susie was short last night..odds on and she was never ever going to win.

With hindsight should have just had one bet last night - Rockin The Boys to lead and stablemate Sea Me Smile on the back to run the quinella. The three horse went three back and always had a hope of third. The first four was as easy as in order winning numbers...1,2,3,4.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    JayJay said:

Psychiatrist wanted...2 actually, one for the horse and another for the owner.

I only watched the replays this morning - what actually happened their - does the horse need spreaders for example

And what was Ritchie on about - saying  this is the problem with this horse taking such a short quote - i mean its only had 2 runs here  - its hardly got Condrieu record - even allowing for those mystery Seagulls 
  • BetonmeBetonme    209 posts
    Duffman said:

Guns with cows
    I'm giving up on quaddies

Same here! stood the previous 2 winners out, and had 5 horses in the final leg. Anyhow good luck to the winner, nice to see an unusual win one....

As for Dee Devito, he should retire it. It doesn't want to be out there. I kind of wonder what is wrong with the horse, as he was a topline 2 & 3 year old. 
    edited September 2017
    He may have his critics ( get nervous when backing him too! ) and he drives some very good horses but Friday night and last night thought Ryan Warwick drove with class.

He will get beaten on favourites ( don't they all ) he will have a few ordinary drives ( don't they all ). However Overall and now no doubt for me ( took me awhile ) he's one of the better drivers going around.

cisco likes this post.

edited September 2017
    Very good young horse in Victoria was Dee Devito...his stakemoney reads very well from those early days.He competed against the best and was right up there with them. Makes it kinda sad in a way.

Two or three runs in a row have seen horses scrambling to get away from behind him because he's under pressure...that's all well and good...but they've only gone 600 metres!
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Bit of a mystery Marko...he was absolutely cruising, going to win by plenty but he won't talk to us. He didn't crossfire or hit himself ....what I do know is that everyone is doing everything possible to get him right, total due diligence....and leaving the  back straight, it seemed they had him worked out but you know, this caper ain't easy or for those that give up, so we'll keep working away,  dodging the pie throwers (mainly my family haha) along the way. Its a test of character lol.

Markovina, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    edited September 2017
    He rolled out of his gear as Shannon released his head fractionally to get him humming to the line from what I could see. Barely moved his hands but the horse just got a bit floppy and lost it almost immediately.  Apart from that he didn't look like losing!! .  :-O

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited September 2017
    Well said JJ and @curmudgeon...think that sums it up succinctly.

Anything that has gone wrong with any animal of mine... always asking them..what happened or what's wrong ( as if some mystical animal whisperer! ) still waiting for a reply...if only one day....but no perhaps better they can't talk.
  • BetonmeBetonme    209 posts
    Had a look at his NZ replays, got some ability but looks a handful. 
    They tried him with spreaders his 2nd last run, so must of not been happy with his action over there either. 
    He only went around once anti clockwise, and looked to hang most of it. 
    Id say Pinjarra track would be his best chance at the moment.
  • I agree riders. If you look at his winning and place percentages in the last 2 years they speak for themselves. Yes he drives good stock but he does his form well and he might not always get it right(a smidge overconfident on the mare in the first on Friday) but he gets it right more often than not. You still have to drive them right and get them over the line. While he might not be everyones cup of tea in my opinion he is in the top 5 in WA easily.

Ridersonthestorm33, cisco likes this post.

edited September 2017
    Just thinking..have seen these Warwicks in the sulky...Trevor , Colin , Barry , Justin , Aidan and Ryan they could all drive the bloody lot of 'em!

So Trevor must be Ryan's uncle ? Blimey it was only 'yesterday' that Tricky was driving.

2lifetimewinners likes this post.

• Yeah Ryan is Colins son so is Trevors Nephew. I remember watching the Warwicks v the Kersleys in the golden era. All of the kids (Justin, Aiden, Ryan and eve n Brett) have been successful in their own right and are decent blokes to go with it.
    edited September 2017
    Can't remember the name of the horse but think it was the final race at a GP midweek meeting around 9-12 months ago..Ryan Warwick was driving the leader and favourite , as they swung for home not quite sure what exactly occurred now whether the horse tried to jump a shadow , or baulked at something , it all went drastically wrong and went out of its gear..it looked gone , reckon he had 1/100th of a second to get the horse back down and going or it was too late...he was at the point of no return...then very clever horsemanship got the horse back pacing and home for the win he came.

When seeing the race live thought - that was exceptional. It was such a fine line.

cisco likes this post.

• I think that might have been El Jacko. I might be wrong. I have know Ryan for a long time but I have also known Greg Bond for a long time too. Greg puts alot of trust in Ryan and he is an integral part of their success. He is a very good horseman. I just hope he reads this and gives me a sling haha
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts

Just thinking..have seen these Warwicks in the sulky...Trevor , Colin , Barry , Justin , Aidan and Ryan they could all drive the bloody lot of 'em!

So Trevor must be Ryan's uncle ? Blimey it was only 'yesterday' that Tricky was driving.

Throw in old Bill, Brett and cant forget Lucy either mate.
    Yes very remiss of me VK that's nearly a nearly a cricket XI...and Chris Lewis with the exception of Bill and Lucy would have driven against all those Warwicks. Not a bad career for him to look back on one day.
    edited September 2017
    The horse that Ryan Warwick brought back from the brink of defeat was Mr. Daytona on Monday 14th November 2016. Was a $1.30 favourite. Replay still available on Australia Harness site. Race 7.

cisco likes this post.

• Riders
    Yep I stand corrected, I do remember that well. Didn't panic unlike what some less experienced ones would do.