In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 26 Non Members

AFL 2017 - Grand Final Week

Sport

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    B-)

Once they got in front at halftime i thought they would pour it on in the 3rd qtr!
    Like the tiger of old
    We're strong and we're bold
    For we're from Tiger
    Yellow and Black
    We're from Tigerland!!!! :D

Giddyup Tivers you better be getting blind tonight!! Plus strippers/lap dances and at least one too much piss chunder at some point.
  • oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    Crongrats to all tiger supporters. =D> =D>

PAUL, H-BOMBER likes this post.

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Yewwwwww......!!!

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Told ya so!!
    Dimma no good

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Awake the sleeping giant !!!
    Swan St is insane......!

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    thought of you tivs...
    it sure was a murder of crows!!
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    Bet he's in bed by 2am EST [-(
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    All Richmond players will be in bed by 2am EST...haha.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    That was one of the poorest performances in a GF since the last most deplorable effort by the other (Port) Adelaide team against Geelong a few years back. Some absolute imposters in their forward line, did they manage a contested mark inside 50m? Jenkins eeeew! I mean Richmond harangue and harass and they fed off Jacobs ruck dominance but Adelaide were embarassing.

rooboy, Ridersonthestorm33, hash, detonator likes this post.

• BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,372 posts
    Spot on JJ never gave a yelp.
    Just flat track bullies Crows and opened $4.50 favs for next years flag,no thanks!!!

hash dislikes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited September 2017
    Tigers got right out to $2.40 this morning. Early on in the game must have got out even further. All the big money seemed to be for the Crows.

$4.50 for a Crows flag next year they must think their is a sucker born every day. Well there probably right on that front.

Just flat track bullies Crows and opened $4.50 favs for next years flag,no thanks!!!

flat track bullies? please
    towelled up the cats by 10 goals in the prelim, beat the giants by 40 the week before, so you cant say those opponents we're duds especially at that time of the year
    beat port by 100 in the derby..... the list goes on

I disagree with them being flat track bullies, more so that they went into yesterdays game underestimating the tigers and richmond turned up to play

and more importantly everyone seems to be forgetting the Crows had to travel and play in an away ground grand final even though they finished on top of the ladder for the regular season, and won all their finals matches, yet still had to travel interstate for the big game
    that rule needs to be looked at for the next time a non Vic team/s dominate all year and end up in the GF imo
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    It will never happen Hashie. It's just the way it is.

Richmond applied great pressure and defended super well. During the week I heard Paul Roos talking about how they had restricted their opposition to much lower scores in their final games than during the normal round and so didn't need to kick a big score to win. Not a fan but they certainly played with great hunger.

Loved the after game Killers gig and the cameo by Riewold. I think that really displayed the passion the whole team played with over 4 quarters.

hash likes this post.

So Adelaide to play a home grand final where ???
    (Fitting in 100,021, and tickets selling for $5,000 a piece on the day)
  • PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
    edited September 2017
    hash said:

... and more importantly everyone seems to be forgetting the Crows had to travel and play in an away ground grand final even though they finished on top of the ladder for the regular season, and won all their finals matches, yet still had to travel interstate for the big game

that rule needs to be looked at for the next time a non Vic team/s dominate all year and end up in the GF imo
    Fourth consecutive year that the interstate team was the higher ranked team in the GF and the fifth consecutive year that the interstate team has lost the GF.

2013 Hawthorn (1) d Fremantle (3) 77-62
    2014 Hawthorn (2) d Sydney (1) 137-74
    2015 Hawthorn (3) d West Coast (2) 107-61
    2016 Bulldogs (7) d Sydney (1) 89-67
    2017 Richmond (3) d Adelaide (1) 108-60

From my understanding, the MCG has the rights to host the GF, under the current deal, till 2037.
    Has the right to host it until someone/where else is capable...
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Richmond won the contested ball by heaps and it appeared they won most stoppages.
    Richmond thrive on pressure in congested play. Why Jacobs didn't bang that ball out of the immediate area when he was rucking against Grigg I will ever know.
    Jenkins is no good. Got soft gimme against Geelong in prelim. False economy.
    Tex looked a bit proppy to me. As he has all the last month.
    Dusty and Cotchin were too tough in the clearances.
    Dimma coached beautifully in forcing Adelaide to the boundary and restricting the corridor.

Lever set to sign up with Melbourne and Cameron off as well ? Wouldn't be taking any early prices on Adelaide for the flag just yet.
  • PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
    edited September 2017

Richmond applied great pressure and defended super well. During the week I heard Paul Roos talking about how they had restricted their opposition to much lower scores in their final games than during the normal round and so didn't need to kick a big score to win.

During the H&A season, their opposition averaged 76, in the finals they only averaged 55. They peaked at the right time of the season, winning 9 of their last 10 games. Even in offense, Richmond only scored 100+ in 8 games this year, but 4 of those occurred in the last 5 games.

RICHMOND'S LAST 10 GAMES
    R17 beat Brisbane 112-81
    R18 beat GWS 64-45
    R19 beat Gold Coast 98-65
    R20 beat Hawthorn 93-64
    R21 lost to Geelong 66-80
    R22 beat Fremantle 155-51
    R23 beat St Kilda 122-81
    QF beat Geelong 91-40
    PF beat GWS Giants 103-67
    GF beat Adelaide 108-60
    edited September 2017
    Tivers said:

Has the right to host it until someone/where else is capable...

40k short of what the MCG holds but surely this joint gets a look in.... especially when the Eagles make their presence felt in the next few years deep into september  ;)

jpg
    jpg
    new-perth-stadium-design.jpg

oldhendo dislikes this post.

@Tivers no doubt was amongst all this last night
    "any Richmond supporter that is not on swan street tonight is a bum"  :))

Police used capsicum spray on rowdy Richmond fans on Saturday night after the Tiger Army celebrated into the early hours following their historic premiership win – with footage on social media showing fans jumping on cars, burning Crows' scarves and climbing buildings.

• dungydungy    9,278 posts
    Tivers said:

Dimma no good

Legend ,,, how
    Many did he kick
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    hash said:

towelled up the cats by 10 goals in the prelim, beat the giants by 40 the week before, so you cant say those opponents we're duds especially at that time of the year

I disagree with them being flat track bullies, more so that they went into yesterdays game underestimating the tigers and richmond turned up to play

and more importantly everyone seems to be forgetting the Crows had to travel and play in an away ground grand final even though they finished on top of the ladder for the regular season, and won all their finals matches, yet still had to travel interstate for the big game

They had to travel ??? I would have thought that was obvious seeing Crows are from Adelaide and the MCG is in Melbourne,, why change it's the greatest stadium in the country
    40k a LONG way short of requirements.

Swan St - was amazing such a going off street party, but also everyone was so well behaved, looking out for each other and property.
    Commented how if was in Europe etc no doubt would have been vandalism, looting etc...... but couldn't have been further from it.
    Any, and only any trouble was VERY isolated, and no doubt down to the influx and very drunk and young late comers that were starting to infiltrate as I left.
  • BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,372 posts
    hash said:

Beat Cats and Giants at home end of story.When it gets tough,Crows have no back up plan,give me a break Hash!!
    edited October 2017
    Police used capsicum spray on rowdy Richmond fans on Saturday night after the Tiger Army celebrated into the early hours following their historic premiership win – with footage on social media showing fans jumping on cars, burning Crows' scarves and climbing buildings.

sounds real well behaved to me hahaha
    Sorry, I was though so thought I had some idea.
    Mistakenly I gather...
    edited October 2017
    You mean this wasn't you with your undies round your ankles  :))
    I swear i've seen you wear this exact same jacket

PNG
    PNG
    Capture.PNG
    Dancing on the roof of a taxi in front of 2 coppers  =))
    and this before the sun went down... I could only imagine what happened after dark haha

PNG
    PNG
    Capture1.PNG