G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

1 Members & 14 Non Members

Melbourne Cup 2017

East Coast Racing
Ok that time of the year again. i looked for this topic, but could not find it,so here we go. 
Its that time were we all start snooping for crazy fixed odds prices,before they win a lead up race or put in a withering run and tighten up like a nun at the night club. I have not looked at international for as yet, as they seem to win these days. for whats its worth i have been closely watching this horse this prep and believe it will eat 3200m but barriers will decide a lot. Got $201 powered fixed odd the other day on this horse.  So i was a happy fella. May not be a high profile horse reckon its sneaky chance. Laugh if you like but at the odds i got .Single Gaze. Is locked in . Let the Party Begin .Good luck everyone chasing the big bucks 

Comments

• oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    :-\"Been a fav of mine for a while, actually backed its mum a few times many years ago and took her at $150 for the CC a few weeks back.

Coldy likes this post.

• ColdyColdy    1,720 posts
    She has gone from $201 to now $26

oldhendo, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited October 2017
    Two horses still in top ten betting on Tabtouch Melbourne Cup market Ventura Storm ( $15 ) and Bonneval ($18) ...possibly safe to put a line through both...they need to improve a lot.

Still betting $41 and $11 Single Gaze. Think would be rather on her eachway than either Ventura Storm or Bonneval especially at the odds.
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    There saying Bonneval is unlikely to run now.

Wasnt unhappy with Abbey Marie's run, she tracked wide to run on which wasnt the ideal place and although Marmelo almost ran her down for 6th she only finished 2.7l from the winner and looked fairly strong to the line.
    Not much idea atm if they intend to go on to the cup(she looks to be around 27th on the o.o.e now so should get a place in the field)but at $67/17.50 ill probably have an ew spec at her..comparing a couple of rivals from today i dont reckon she should be $60 longer than Marmelo or $55 longer than Johannes Vermeer.

jum, thefalcon likes this post.

edited October 2017
    For sure..Bonneval might be the start of the attrition rate...a few doubtful ones from today...and some new arrivals from overseas ready to take their place.

Some interesting ones are Red Cardinal , Wall Of Fire and Thomas Hobson.

The only three 'overs' on Tabtouch at this stage compared to some of the corps. are Max Dynamite , Abbey Marie and Single Gaze.

Coldy likes this post.

edited October 2017
    Ventura Storm on the corps $26 and Bonneval a doubtful starter out to $51 but here we are $15 and $18. Inference $26 and $51 with the corps.

The list is endless...but if you like Max Dynamite , Abbey Marie or Single Gaze at least there competive prices. However Thunder...careful on Abbey she maybe a bit doubtful too. Not that have heard anything and $67 and $17.50 if gets to the barrier is a good price on today's run.

Thunderstruck dislikes this post.

• PCPC    2,190 posts
    I backed Red Cardinal in July.
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    interesting....before the Caulfield Cup win...Boom Time was equal 51st in the order of entry for the Melbourne Cup...now he is guranteed a spot in the race....also Boom Time was nominated for the Geelong Cup, but I doubt he will go there
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    In theory, this is the best chance a WA horse has if winning the Melbourne Cup since 1999.

Can Boom Time run 3200m? His one attempt at the distance was 11thin the 2017 Sydney Cup.

3200m is the ultimate test for a WA horse....
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    edited October 2017
    Ryan Moore was booked to ride Red Cardinal but won't be able to make the trip to Australia.

Kerrin McEvoy has now been booked to ride...see link below for more details..

https://www.racing.com/news/2017-10-22/cardinal-crew-secure-red-hot-mcevoy
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    See link below to article....Boom Time given a 1kg penalty, will now carry 53kg in the Melbourne Cup

https://www.racing.com/news/2017-10-23/melbourne-cup-penalty-for-boom-time
    I doubt he can run a strong 3200 PC but you never know...

Abbey Marie now into $34 @ Riders!! I bloody missed the "overs" >:P
    She is backing up in the Moonee Valley Cup this Sat.may be hard to beat winner exempt but I think she should make the 24 cut anyway.
    edited October 2017

However Thunder...careful on Abbey she maybe a bit doubtful too. Not that have heard anything and $67 and $17.50 if gets to the barrier is a good price on today's run.

• PCPC    2,190 posts
    I sure all of us (including myself) would love to see Boom Time win the Melbourne Cup...it would be great for WA.....I just doubt if Boom Time can run the trip. I hope I am wrong.
    edited October 2017
    Sorry Thunder wasn't trying to put you off...$67 and $17.50 was worth a throw at the stumps after her very good Caulfield Cup effort.
    edited October 2017
    None of the European hopes going around in the Geelong Cup...very unusual. Had become a bit of a stepping stone, not so this year.
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    Nobody loves Boom Time now more than me, especially after a $3K collect from him on Saturday. It was a peach of a ride by Cory but let's be honest, the stars aligned perfectly in that race for him.

Going to be brutality honest and say he won't finish in the first half of the field but that won't stop me having something on just in case the stars align again.

I'm starting to warm to one of the internationals if he comes in Rekindling. His win in the Curragh Cup was big, only getting out in the last 150m and having to duck and weave his way from last before that.

Was a good 4th in the St Leger Stakes as well, he will love the long Flemington straight too.
  • silkysilky    342 posts
    Marmello is the horse to follow out of the CC going towards the MC. Kellstorm will win the GC and be very hard to beat in the MC
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    Ive backed Red Cardinal.....I did it in July.

As for Boom Time...Id love to see him win the Cup but it will be difficult.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    Marmello is the horse to follow out of the CC going towards the MC. Kellstorm will win the GC and be very hard to beat in the MC

I have the stablemate 
    Gallic Chieftain lengths ahead of Kellstorm

She is a query up in trip based on recent starts in Adelaide in the autumn but I liked Wheal Leisure's win last start at Caulfield she showed a nice turn of foot.NO world beaters in this field that's for sure..so with a soft run and being a bit more matured to stay am hoping maybe she can "outsprint" them late.

definitely not Melbourne Cup bound afaik...

The other two you guys like are very closely aligned in the OOE at appx41 and 43 and must win to make the cut.
  • squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    I took Gallic Chieftain at $101 and $26 in the big one a few weeks back. Now $31. Put D Yendall on him in the Cup and I’ll get a nice run for my money
    Need a few more dropouts Squid, Your Appx 33rd now in the o.o.e.

Abbey Marie is inside 24th now just dont know if their going to start her.
  • ColdyColdy    1,720 posts

Geelong Cup form will not hold up this year. Still living the dream the  for Single Gaze, as the old Giant Killer . Be an Amazing race story if stars align .

oldhendo, thefalcon likes this post.

• snake1snake1    40 posts
    Wall Of Fire looks a good fancy hopefully he gets into the field
  • FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    Oliver appeal dismissed

Dettori to ride Almandin.
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    Fastmoney said:

Oliver appeal dismissed

Dettori to ride Almandin.

Ohh Frankie , he gets lost once he gets of the Private Jet , thought Lloyd may have gone with Prebble or Stevie Arnold over Frankie his record doesnt read that flash 
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Does anyone know much about Rekindling?
    paraletic said:

Does anyone know much about Rekindling?

I posted a little info in the thread previously, para.

He’s my pick of the overseas horses, I’ll be having something EW.
    Just saw a tweet from James Cummings saying Hartnell will run.