G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 34 Non Members

Wonderful Wagin Tonight.

Harness & Greyhounds
First two races and two odds on favourites both unplaced @$1.45 and @$1.26 and place odds of $1.06 and $1.02. Ouch.

Going for just the one bet tonight.

Race 7. Three of them to dominate the race and run 1, 2, 3...#1.James Coburn 2. Rum Delight 7.Always Arjay ....difficult to seperate those guys so taken the always trifecta five times. ( $6 = 100% ) ...only two problems...got to get it...and will it pay $6 ?! James Coburn slightly into the red...think the other two Rum Delight and Always Arjay will take some stacking.

Comments

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Definitely still a full moon....have a look at the first from Wagin. Veteran Des Stockman's 3 yo first starter Reacher stayed in its gear, unlike most of the other runners who took it turns to break up, some several times and at one stage, Reacher must have been 50m in front. 400m out, he was getting tired and there were two closing really quickly about to swallow him up.....and.....they then both broke up....well one did and checked the other....and Reacher strolls home by 30m and I am sure old Des would have been chuckling away.  Haven't seen a race like that for years, a bit reminiscent of some of the old Country Derbies.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

And then in race 2, odds on Captain Mannering breaks in the same spot about the 300m mark on the first lap....and then never ever traveled at all despite a 1x1 trip...and down the gurgler it went. Maybe a howling wolf or two in down town Wagin. It ain't dull, I tell ya.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited October 2017
    Then race 4..think it was a Downtoafineart hit the deck in the home straight ? It's all happening!

But by far and away the most fascinating thing has been...how did Master Flynn jump at $2 ? Art Lover just the $7.80 on tote but saw around $12 to $14 fixed today.
    edited October 2017
    Then I'm Rockaria...lobs one one...finally some sanity...a fave is in a commanding position...then it was all bad news from then on blocked , tightened , dipsy doodle and the full moon continues.
    edited October 2017
    Great night to have a three horse always trifecta on...I'll be lucky if they all complete the course 8-X standing start... X_X
  • Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts
    Not sure what Shannon was thinking on Brookies Jet!?
    edited October 2017
    Tend to agree Rocket...ran quite well in the breeze last start at GP but think the one one on the back of I'm Rockaria was a much better option. There was no chance of the leader handing up to I'm Rockaria. Must be a full moon - even Shannon Suvaljko may have made a mistake. Brookies is one paced though.

Rocket_Reign likes this post.

These three should be going past the winning post as the rest are coming into the straight...however after what seen so far anything might happen.

Looking for Shannon to bounce back here on Always Arjay.
    Did I'm Rockaria get tightened or did it just run into a wheel?
    Always Arjay had that won going past the winning post first time around. Shannon Suvalkjko back on track. James Coburn was gone just before the bell and still nearly fell into third. But alas not to be.
    edited October 2017
    Stephen Reed on James Coburn seemed to be most concerned just as they came into the straight at the bell...kept looking down at the gear...don't look down Steve...look up for the full moon. What a strange night of pacing!!
    A bit of sanity with Arjay...thats his 6th standing start win this year...and effectively off just 40m and a decent divvy. Been converted from a mobile horse to a serious stand competitor. On that note, I'll put the cue back in the rack. Phew!

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• DuffmanDuffman    141 posts
    Don’t know how I wasn’t all over arjay,
    It was an absolute moral

JayJay likes this post.

edited October 2017
    The final race of the night is a deadset quinella...Majestic Millie to lead and Moonlight Shadow trailing. Millie and The Moon 1,2 ...nothing can possibly go wrong :-S
    On the corner The Moon went via Venus. Don't know if their was a lot in the locker anyway.

Rocket_Reign likes this post.

Nope, at least Millie did the business...Moonlight still in the shadows.
    You've just gotta laugh sometimes...anything but boring, even the Big Ram is laughing as everyone files past on the way home, muttering under their collective breaths. The stewards report for this meet will rival Tolstoy's tome of War and Peace...in both action and length.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited October 2017
    Wonderful Wagin.. hmmm..was a bit Wonky Wagin tonight. b-(
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    JayJay said:

Did I'm Rockaria get tightened or did it just run into a wheel?

Brookes Jet did run up the track slightly but Grantham appeared to drive into its wheel as he is prone to do more than most drivers.
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Majestical Millie breaks its maiden status at her 54th start and wait for it, runs $1.40.

The punters knew.
    Driver fined $300 for contacting a wheel. Millie only went 2.5.9 mile rate but a win for persistence is always a good thing.
  • rooboyrooboy    1,421 posts
    Does anyone know how to get the photo finish of Rc2 up?
    My mate was on the 2nd horse at 50/1 and still says it won!
    Cheers.
    On the HRA website, for some reason, no results listed for the early races but if you go to the Racing tab and then Video replays, the replays for all Wagin races are posted. No photo finish pic but the replay is there.
    Just going off the replay, he has a case.
  • rooboyrooboy    1,421 posts
    That's what I thought JJ.
    If you see the Photo can you please put up!
    Thanks
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    rooboy said:

Cheers.
    No - i think the numbers were right -  Wagin with the camera angle - you have to allow alot for the inside horse

Go to race 6 - i was a tri player in that - and i thought Soho Wonder had  flown for 3rd by a good neck - however the inside horse again Mexicano got the nod

Lovely opening fixed odds price - Art  Lover - TAB.Com $14 and $2.40 beautiful - 1st 4 paid lousy $159 both Vic and NSW

As for Grantham - i think he is a bit out of form - Captain Mannering - it went shocking - not his fault - but why on hell would  you let a horse like Brugars Luck  go to the breeze - it was allways going to drop back sharply in his face - should have kept the breeze and rated the horse in the breeze  - especially with it pacing roughly - probably runs 2nd - who knows the leader (winner ) folded up badly last 50 metres

rooboy likes this post.

A lot of horses, Captain Mannering included, didn't handle Wagin at all well, especially some that hadn't been there before. I think he is better than that but Wagin is very different to Pinjarra.
    Point taken on Soho Wonder, I thought it had 3rd as well.
    Corey Peterson drove Art Lover perfectly, very composed.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Corey Peterson ( who i read somewhere is only 16 ) and Darby McGuigan ( Vic ) are the best 2 young drivers in Australia

Nicely balanced - know their form - dont panic - make it look easy - and the proof is in  the pudding  - in that they drive winners - and their not favourites - their any old price

Follow young Darb in Vic and you will make a quid - Gozo Lightning - $26 fixed in a field of 6 at Kilmore Friday night - perfect drive - just like Petersons drive on Art Lover- they didnt win by much but they were never going to lose

JayJay, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts
    Markovina said:

Corey Peterson ( who i read somewhere is only 16 ) and Darby McGuigan ( Vic ) are the best 2 young drivers in Australia

Nicely balanced - know their form - dont panic - make it look easy - and the proof is in  the pudding  - in that they drive winners - and their not favourites - their any old price

Follow young Darb in Vic and you will make a quid - Gozo Lightning - $26 fixed in a field of 6 at Kilmore Friday night - perfect drive - just like Petersons drive on Art Lover- they didnt win by much but they were never going to lose

There's a kid in QLD driving plenty of winners at the moment aswell
  • BetonmeBetonme    209 posts
    rooboy said:

Cheers.
    I thought they got that race wrong also (not the first time lately). I couldn't believe how quickly they put the numbers up.....I wonder if Ash Markham checked the photo.