G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

1 Members & 12 Non Members

Ascot 21st October - Northerly Stakes Day

West Australian Racing
Its the same every year, everyone is busting to get out of Belmont and back to Ascot. 
Fields as a result are really good. 
Forecast is for hot (31c) and stormy, which is a shame... they might otherwise have gotten a really good crowd in. 

The people's horse, Gatting is back after a pretty impressive trial. 
State Solicitor also back after a two run campaign in the winter.
Also the up and coming Touch of Silver is back in the 1400m 66+. His brother going round in the 1400m maiden at Bunno on Sunday and you'd think would go close aswell. 

All in all, if the rain stays away, i reckon it will be a great day. 

Comments

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    Can you not please (:|

Winsumlosesum likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    hash said:

Can you not please (:|

What promote Gatting????? It has to be done. The one horse that has to carry about 5t every time it runs!!!! haha Great promotional opportunity. Embrace it and be happy about it. You'll never get another good price for it, so give up on it being a real punting opportunity anymore. haha

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    Personally, I think the Wakaha Kid is the people's horse

:-\"

RIO, hash, jum, TheDiva likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Im not putting a cent on Gatting unless he is $40/1.....

GLAMOUR, RIO likes this post.

@RIO I was more so referring to him predicting the weather... If the weather man can't get it right there's no chance he can this far out
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    hash said:

@RIO I was more so referring to him predicting the weather... If the weather man can't get it right there's no chance he can this far out

:)) :)) :))Proof i am no Nostradamus.....
  • Hash fairly sure you were referring to Matts reference to Gatting. Your sphincter tightens the minute the horse is referred too on this site :)

Embrace it mate!

RIO, Thunderstruck, TheDiva, hash, thefalcon likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    edited October 2017

Gatting. 

Embrace it mate!

And that is exactly what you need to do..They don't come along often enough!!!!!

NSS's statement edit by me.

hash likes this post.

• dungydungy    9,278 posts
    Cosmic Storm !!
    Agree dungy, the booking of Willie is a tip in itself... Whispering Brook gets a perfect race to pinch while its opposition lacks the fitness edge at this stage of their preps
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    paraletic said:

Im not putting a cent on Gatting unless he is $40/1.....

Disadvantaged by the weight scale for this race, plus gate 1 - definitely look on...............

paraletic, Winsumlosesum likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Not sure anyone said to back it... just said it was back... 
    edited October 2017
    not saying you did, but if u can put up $40s i will have $10ew  :)]

RIO, oldhendo, Winsumlosesum, hash, Dale likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Can anyone inform me if Punta will be putting up a market for this raceday
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    spink, you have been on here long enough to know the market is usually up mid/late afternoon today (thurs) OR early Friday am if there was a delay....

What happened last saturday

rooboy, RIO likes this post.

• SticksSticks    548 posts
    spinking said:

What happened last saturday

wouldn't have worked in Bunbury I am assuming! 
    Most probably correct but was in not  classed a sat prime meeting. And if not maybe they could have stated even if it was on here that they would not be fielding.
  • GrayGray    4,090 posts
    Chocolate Holic wont be getting the choccies this week
    edited October 2017
    Great local field but I reckon Whispering Brook may have a fitness edge on some of these.

Scott’s Saturday Ascot Preview

Scott Embry’s Preview

Race 1

CAROLINA REAPER comes into his debut off only one 400m trial but he looks a typical Ascot jump, run type. AGENT PIPPA ran a very sharp trial on Monday and looked professional. DOLCITY impressed at the trials but concerned about her tardiness. PLATOON was excellent on debut, benefits from the experience.

Numbers: 2 – 5 – 7 – 1

Suggested Bet – CAROLINA REAPER EACHWAY

Race 2

PINZU is low flying this preparation and as long as they can make any inch of ground he has to be hard to hold out. ALREADY FAMOUS looks like he will lead without opposition and from there is the one to catch. POINT may look to race closer to the speed. PUSHIN’ SHAPES box seats.

Numbers: 1 – 2 – 4 – 3

Suggested Bet – PINZU WIN

Race 3

NECKLET is an exciting proposition heading towards the Guineas and looks to have an abundance of natural ability. SALUBIOUS should get every chance out in front. DISRUPTIVE was a touch unlucky in the straight last time out. ARCARDIA PRINCE put on a galloping exhibition at York, this is harder.

Numbers: 9 – 1 – 4 – 5

Suggested Bet – NECKLET WIN

Race 4

CAIPRINHA was below her best first-up and cracked under the pressure of Salorsci. Ascot is her home ground and she should zip across and find the fence here. DAINTY TESS is so consistent, tough and talented. She may however find herself in traffic. STATE SOLICITOR on face value looked flat last preparation. Looking for him to go to the next level. I AM INCREDIBLE should stalk the speed.

Numbers: 4 – 1 – 2 – 7

Suggested Bet – CAIPIRINHA WIN

Race 5

UNDISCLOSED improved sharply when ridden with a sit. At her best she is a quality sprinter. BANGALORE was an eye catcher in the same race after missing the kick hopelessly. Interesting to see how they ride him. DYNAMITE DREAM should have enough toe to find the fence. REMEMBER BERLIN is ultra consistent and always there abouts.

Numbers: 7 – 3 – 10 – 1

Suggested Bet – UNDISCLOSED EACHWAY

Race 6

TOUCH OF SILVER has an impeccable record and his recent trial behind a number of very classy gallopers was excellent. Expecting a big showing first-up. OLIVER’S TRAVELS takes on much tougher opposition, however drops sharply in weight and is drawn a peach. STAR VALUE is tough and will keep coming. LORENTINIO runs them along out in front.

Numbers: 1 – 10 – 5 – 6

Suggested Bet – TOUCH OF SILVER WIN

Race 7

TRADESMAN has some handy fresh 1400m form and from a midfield draw on a winnable weight I’ll throw him up as a potential blowout proposition. SALORSCI is all class and have no doubt he will measure up in this company. DISPOSITION was an emphatic winner of the Hannans. He should get a lovely run. COSMIC STORM rarely ventures out of Mares grade but this looks a nice assignment.

Numbers: 10 – 11 – 4 – 8

Suggested Bet – TRADESMAN EACHWAY

Race 8

JUST LIKE FIRE has an electric turn of foot as evidence first-up this campaign. She was flat last start but with a hot tempo anticipated it would be no surprise to see her zap them. COME ON BOARD drops sharply in grade and is reunited with Peter Hall. TIME TO HUNT should get a lovely run midfield with cover. KIA ORA STAR backs up from a nice performance at Bunbury.

Numbers: 4 – 2 – 9 – 10

Suggested Bet – JUST LIKE FIRE WIN

Quaddie (Races 5 – 8)

edited October 2017
    seen on twitter some photos of the ascot grass. Looks fantastic. The curator and his staff doing very well. 

I feel sorry for Dulux, in anticipation for the Ascot season they produced a tonne of green paint that they now wont sell. 

RIO, jum, Gray, therealkramer likes this post.

• FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts

RIO likes this post.