G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

1 Members & 1 Non Members

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,986 posts
    thanks men, she had to smash the course record to beat us.
    yes, thought we had it turning for home..100k would have been nice...

RIO, squid69, oldhendo, bookielover likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited March 2018
    One of the things admire in either horse or greyhound is consistency because many things can go wrong with them, losing form for all sorts of reasons, or only fleeting form or just plain inconsistent.

Quick Jagger after tonight has had 35 starts 14 wins and been in the top 3 on 27 occasions - now that's consistent and to be admired.

thefalcon, RIO, hash, jum, bookielover likes this post.

thanks riders...just wait until he turns 3....!!!
    we are just SO proud of him...
    Linda Britton was in Sydney to see her horse seebrook win and get a place in the slipper...great weekend for she and Chris...

RIO, squid69, Thunderstruck, bookielover likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    edited March 2018
    Great run tonight mate........Teh sort fo second your always happy to have..
    She part of a syndicate Falcon, as i don't see her name on the list of owners?
  • jumjum    3,516 posts

Awesome run Falc And like the rest on here. I thought he was home $50/$50 @ $21 ~X(

Quick Jagger is what dreams are made of.

RIO likes this post.

edited March 2018
    Unlucky Jum, saw the SP Tabtouch odds were $19 a win and a rather short $1.95 a place.

Can recall going to the old Cannington and one bookie had 6 greyhounds odds on a place and the other two even money and 5/4. Had the % in his favour well and truly.
  • jumjum    3,516 posts
    Ladbrokes gave me $2.35 a place

SKIDS, thefalcon likes this post.

That was good.. the tote just a $1.60. More important than ever these days - shop around - be selective.
    one of the co-owners pointed out..Fanta Bale broke the track record.....but, she jumped from box 1 and never left the fence, paddy jumped from 5 and was wide all the way....IF paddy had been able to win, the margin was a neck, the record would have not been broken but shattered!!!

hash, bookielover likes this post.

• bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts
    A mate of mine, whose been in the dog caper for 55 years, and because he has seen it all, let's just say that he is extremely cynical about what he alleges have been  some unsavoury goings on through various administrations at GRV, said to me, isn't it remarkable how a dog that was going for an Australian record of 10 Group 1 wins, just happened to get box 1.

He said that not only has he seen it all before, but he entered a dog many many years ago to race at a Country track. Dog should have got a run, but didn't. He rang to complain, the person he spoke to apologised and said it was an oversight. Then he said, enter next week and I'll make sure it gets a run. By the way, how does box 1 sound. He entered it, and surprise surprise it drew box 1.

With that personal experience behind him, the question that he asks is, was the box draw done in public, or was it done behind closed doors and the trainers informed where their dog had drawn.
    If it was done publicly, in that all trainers were present, fine, that's the luck of the draw. If it wasn't, well I'm certainly not alleging anything. 

I can't say that my mate would be as generous as me.

RIO likes this post.

yes, bl, I noticed that they had all the trappings ready, the celebratory rug etc...and we did get the dreaded squeeze box....makes one think....
    A mate of my mate's Falcon, who has had four dogs race recently, but is strongly, and I better say allegedly, out of favour with the powers that be, has drawn boxes, 4,5,6,and 7 in all their runs. 

He reckons he's got a better chance of winning 30 million in Oz Lotto this week, than  ever drawing the cherry.
  • theduketheduke    284 posts
    The Super Stayers Final Box Draw was conducted on track after race 11 on heats night, in front of a sizeable audience, plus televised live on the GRV facebook.  

thefalcon, RIO likes this post.

• tonytony    2,369 posts
    theduke said:

The Super Stayers Final Box Draw was conducted on track after race 11 on heats night, in front of a sizeable audience, plus televised live on the GRV facebook.  

Now now why throw facts into the argument.

Of course they would have a celebration ready if she won. I bet any racecourse would do the same.

thefalcon likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    This sounds dodgier than the GG's!

RIO likes this post.

not implying any thing of the sort, para...stop stirring...
    the puppies are cleaner that the red hots and gallops combined...
    theduke said:

Thank you. That answers the question. I'll let my mate know.

theduke likes this post.

• VoodooVoodoo    1,238 posts
    thefalcon said:

not implying any thing of the sort, para...stop stirring...
    the puppies are cleaner that the red hots and gallops combined...
    Been to confession lately falc....
    =))
    no need to, voodoo...you just stick to sticking pins into dolls..."dolls" not "dogs"... :-B

Thunderstruck likes this post.

paddy goes around in race 3 (7.52pm) sat. night....got the cherry box, only 6 starters, he's currently @ $1.10.
    has to have the run as some big races coming up in the next month..

jum likes this post.

woops..rolled as probably the shortest priced fave ever...$1.06......
  • Mrs_FastmoneyMrs_Fastmoney    2 posts
    @thefalcon at his best at the Greyhound of the Year Awards.

imageimage
    that's Declan, a co-owner in the background before his turn with the mike..

RIO likes this post.

I reckon you'd had a few Carlton Mid's by the time you gave your speech B-)
  • ciscocisco    805 posts
    Onya Falc!!!
    full strength BL....greyhound folk do not know what mid is... :D

thanks cisco...

Thunderstruck, hash, cisco likes this post.

the short price beaten mutt goes around again in race 3 at 7.50pm....its a heat for the rich galaxy next week.

hash, Thunderstruck likes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    I meant to post something up this morning Falc but it’s been a busy day.

Good luck tonight. He’ll get the final I’m sure. It should be a cracking race next week.

I usually go to watch the heats and finals every year but down south this week. I’ll be there to watch the finals next week if you’re going? Catch up for a beer.

thefalcon likes this post.

• ciscocisco    805 posts
    Good luck falc

Thunderstruck, thefalcon likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    Money back for 2nd up to $50 on TABtouch it’s basically a free throw at the stumps.

Chris likes this post.