Who's Online

0 Members & 24 Non Members

Ascot Preview, 25th Nov 2017

West Australian Racing

Comments

• The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    tony said:

The_Bull said:

Dougie White rolling 3 or 4 off the fence in the straight. He knows ;)

Dougie said after the race that it was simply the horse that ran out, he did not intentionally go wider.

The horse must know the rail is quicksand...
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    dungy said:

choc said:

Pike again genuinely showing them what to do, and how to do it.
    Noske on Money Maher I-)

A dead set gem of a ride found cover 1 of from the river draw then jumped into the 3 wide line and got a tow up

Hope he does the same with silver stream

rustyh likes this post.

• ColdyColdy    1,720 posts
    Having a crack at tri in Railway , 1,2,3,7,14. Half smashed so 100% \:D/

rustyh, RIO likes this post.

• dungydungy    9,278 posts
    Jell said:

I haven’t been here long @dungy but it’s not hard to know your kryptonite.

You’re a cynical man expect when talking about Pike.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m as cynical as they come but you two should get a room ;)) :x

Good on you mate obviously on the 2 Nd horse lol lol
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    Didn’t bet, just an observation made as a light hearted joke.
    That is one of the best things I've ever seen.
  • careycarey    6,368 posts
    is rawiller in the stew?
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    Great Shot does what he knows best, leads all the way. Well done Craig :-bd
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    Black Heart Bart has been the best run in the race in both his Railway starts and still hasn't won it.

hash likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Yep..Good on you Bullet :)>-

thefalcon likes this post.

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Magnus stock sure do like running around in WA. Well done to all involved.
  • keymeupkeymeup    185 posts
    The more I look at tonkatuff the more I like its form
    Stating the obvious, but the hanicaper got it right elevating Variation in front of Tradesman. Great call.

LuckyLongshots likes this post.

• ColdyColdy    1,720 posts

@ Chelsea, wtf hope you had a quaddie you nailed last 2 legs at big odds and kept me at maiden status in tipping comp in a big way .Awesome picks well done

Chelsea likes this post.

• TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Not sure how Push can win but Tayla need to learn how to push a horse through a gap. She just doesn't seem strong enough and everything is gone before she can ride em out..Horses seem to travel really well for her though.

jum likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts

Ascot R9. Tabtouch Perth Cup - New Year's Day Handicap - Terry Leighton
    Push To Pass is far better than a $40 chance. If stuff has hit the fan in the first 8 races, this may be the hail mary you’ve been looking for.  

10. FRIARESQUE - 4. FIRST AFFAIR - 5. SEE ME SIZZLE

hash likes this post.

• FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    From Brisburghphil as well

R9 Living in hope here that my old mate PUSH TO PASS
    can win this at a price of $30+. I don’t think it’s that difficult a
    race and the light weight is a massive bonus given he is a small horse.
    Widely drawn but I still remember that day a few years ago at the
    provincial where he beat a handy field by a big margin after being 3
    wide throughout. Not beaten far first up and he drops 5kg. His best
    would be good enough and monitor the betting because he has won before a
    couple of times when the money has come.

rustyh, hash, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    They bet $100 about the grey on BF.

hash likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Well done to great shot. Was very tough. And the money stays in WA (always a bonus)

hash likes this post.

• ChelseaChelsea    1,369 posts
    Chelsea said:

It's very rare for me to pick so many longer priced horses at a meeting.
    Red Publisher
    Top Of The Class
    Hard Of Heart
    Great Shot
    Push To Pass

Wow what an exiting finish to a great days racing including Brothers Keeper winning at Geraldton
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    great tipping me olde mate...hope Vicky had the daily double..... =D>

Chelsea likes this post.

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited November 2017
    Fair play to Great Shot & BHB. The winner came through a race(Lee Steere Stakes) that is a proven source of Railway winners and still managed to jump at 30-1. Bart was the run of the race, wide all the way and the huge weight. He's the obvious fav in the KT if he can keep proving the knockers wrong-me included. Silverstream was a massive flop, even if the track seemed to even out the last few races. He brought winning form into the race having beaten Great Shot last start.

Tom Melbourne again teased his backers, actually passing the winner at one point. Maybe he misjudged the winning post like Dougie in the KT last year? Waller has saddled up the fav the past two years and followed similar lead up races-both Mackintosh & TM ran blinders in the Epsom before using the Cantala/Kennedy Mile as their final start prior to leaving the east coast. Mackintosh was probably cooked by the time he got to Perth but Tom is just in need of the same sports psychologist as perennial choker Sam Stosur. Perhaps Weir is just better a setting horses for races whereas Waller seems to use Perth as an afterthought-albeit a financially lucrative one: $90k for TM running 3rd this year, $240k last year for Good Project (2nd, $200k) & Mackintosh(4th, $40k)
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    edited November 2017
    The_Bull said:

Stating the obvious, but the hanicaper got it right elevating Variation in front of Tradesman. Great call.

@OliversTwist  :-\"
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

Ascot R9. Tabtouch Perth Cup - New Year's Day Handicap - Terry Leighton
    Push To Pass is far better than a $40 chance. If stuff has hit the fan in the first 8 races, this may be the hail mary you’ve been looking for.  

10. FRIARESQUE - 4. FIRST AFFAIR - 5. SEE ME SIZZLE

100/1 if you don't mind  $-)

PNG
    PNG
    Capture.PNG
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    hashie you can shout me a few  :!!

hash likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    So the Guineas.....and Sophia's Secret.

She was scratched at the barriers in the Champions Fillies due to failing to load. I am reliably informed (haven't checked it as i don't really know where to look) that when this happens you CAN NOT trial the horse within 7 days of the race.

She was trialled on Monday (special treatment or what???) then was nominated for the Guineas on Saturday.....Where she was scratched by the stewards at the gate for failing to load.

As soon as the rules that are imposed by the stewards are compromised for some, all integrity is lost... 

Can someone direct me to the link about this rule?? maybe @Fastmoney or @tony ??
    edited November 2017
    RIO said:

I am reliably informed (haven't checked it as i don't really know where to look) that when this happens you CAN NOT trial the horse within 7 days of the race.

Even if it was a rule (don`t think it is), as long as you are cleared prior to nominating, can`t see a problem.

Don`t see how you can be cleared but unable to nominate.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    edited November 2017
    Nor can I, but others have to wait at least a week to trial, to be cleared to race again....It may be a special condition the stewards have put on for whatever reason..

I think this covers it....and once again it is up to the stewards discretion....ie, "lets play favourites when it suits us"

L.R. 64.  (a) The Stewards may suspend for such period as they consider necessary, any horse which, in their opinion, could cause a danger or hazard in a race, or has not performed to the satisfaction of the Stewards, or has been sufficiently unruly or wayward to warrant such suspension. Any horse so suspended shall not, without the permission of the Stewards, be permitted to start in any race until such time as it has performed in a trial and/or passed veterinary examination to the satisfaction of the Stewards.

edited November 2017
    Maybe the 7 day stand downs are for a scratching by the vet (different to failing to load).

2 different circumstances, perhaps interpreted as the same thing.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    the person that I chatted with was talking about failing to load...

But whatever it was, under LR64(a) it is up to the stewards to impose those sanctions and in Sophia's instance they chose to allow it to trial on the Monday and then race on the Saturday in an age restricted race...

Probably a fair enough call, but just annoying that it steps out and does it again...