G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 31 Non Members

Comments

• GLAMOURGLAMOUR    677 posts
    edited November 2017
    Losing another good apprentice,, Jordy Turner now Fred Kersley jnr,really what does that leave WA,anyway hope all goes good for him.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    i'm a bit non-plussed about young turner. I scan through the mid week races and he occasionally picks up 1 or 2 rides.
    any idea why he does not return home where he would do extremely well?
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    edited November 2017
    thefalcon said:

i'm a bit non-plussed about young turner. I scan through the mid week races and he occasionally picks up 1 or 2 rides.
    any idea why he does not return home where he would do extremely well?
    it takes years to learn the craft. If he takes one leaf out of Damo Lanes life book it will be to say yes to every ride offered. Even if it is a 200km round trip for 1 ride. Do the hard yards for 2-3 years and then reap the rewards. 

From what I have seen of the lad he is doing well. If he wants a career at the highest level he can get, he has to have a throw at the stumps when he is young and still has a claim. He can come back here anytime and get 10 rides every week...Or stay over there on 4 or 5 for the next year or two and slowly get to his 10 a week...then 15...then 20...then knocking rides back.

I believe he has the ability and background/upbringing to be competitive over there. Hope we see him back over here riding in the masters in 3 or 4 years!!! ;-)

GLAMOUR, jum, rooboy, spinking, cisco, oldhendo likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
     Young Jordie lives with Damien so that is a big plus for him, as you said Rio, if he can learn of the later who I reckon would be offering him some great advice and good encouragement if he sticks he will win . Jordan must have a good commitment when you see the blokes you are indentured to over there put other claiming kids on there horse must be a kick in the guts. kids got a good constitution sticking like he has done after seeing that. Keep the head down young fella and good things will eventually come his way

cisco, GLAMOUR, jum, thefalcon, oldhendo, squid69 likes this post.

yes spink I have noticed corstens putting other claimers on their horses and I wonder why..if somebody knows young Lane they could ask him while he is over here.
  • FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    4 rides at Sandown tomorrow.
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    Wish him well he can ride so could his Dad I was a massive group1 Gav fan
    i too wish him well in vic and know he'll make it with the hayes team.

i'm still non-plussed about young Jordan Turner, I flick thru the jocks at all mid week races and rarely, if ever, see his name.

fastmoney, do you know whats going on?
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    edited November 2017
    You could do worse than follow him closely..20% return on his last 100 rides!!!

Gavin could ride a bit as you stated Dungy ,but I think young Fred would do best to leave dad alone if Gavin still a bit or lot of a loose cannon
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    spinking said:

Gavin could ride a bit as you stated Dungy ,but I think young Fred would do best to leave dad alone if Gavin still a bit or lot of a loose cannon

Genius Gav in the saddle absolute fruit cake out of the saddle
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Well done Jnr. Always good to get the first breakthrough.
    and poor old Jordan turner..one rare ride on a no hoper.... :-??
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Falc you cant compare a 3kg claimer against 1.5kg claimer.. 

Young Kersley is getting early opportunities...I hop he keeps going, maybe e can judge him hen is only a 1.5kg claimer....The quicker he gets there the better it'll be for him.

At the moment it's just great to see them both getting Saturday rides.. If they get winners...big bonus ;-)

jum, spinking likes this post.

Ridersonthestorm33, RIO likes this post.

Falc big difference between ability and opportunity. The later Jordan is not getting a lot of
  • Maybe Jordan needs to be a bit more dedicated  ;)

pharlap likes this post.

• The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    Riding Bunbury Wednesday. What's the go?
    The_Bull said:

Riding Bunbury Wednesday. What's the go?

Wed and Sat riding in Perth, back to Vic Sunday.

The_Bull likes this post.

• squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    ThIs young fella can ride! Just watched him win the final at the Valley, he is very poised in the saddle. Making the most of his time over East.

RIO likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,744 posts
    Moonee Valley... Trotting Track..... It is in the Kersley genes.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    Just took a pretty nasty tumble in the 4th at Sandwn, fingers crossed he's ok

Will post an update ASAP
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    He is up and conscious and complaining of a sore arm only, thankfully

https://www.racing.com/form/2017-12-20/ladbrokes-park-hillside

oldhendo likes this post.