G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 28 Non Members

Where did Greg Harper train? (Anstey Beach??)

West Australian Racing
I can't find such a place on google but I have a vague recollection of (Anstey Beach) being after his name in the racebook at some point.

Comments

• FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    edited November 2017
    Anstey Beach used to be part of, what is now, Secret Harbour (close to Lark Hill).

Greg Harper trained from the property next to Chris Willis (took over when Harper was suspended) which is just south of Lark Hill on Mandurah Road.

• RodentRodent    7,025 posts
    Fastmoney said:

Anstey Beach used to be part of, what is now, Secret Harbour (close to Lark Hill).

Greg Harper trained from the property next to Chris Willis (took over when Harper was suspended) which is just south of Lark Hill on Mandurah Road.

Thanks. Yes, I remember seeing Chris Willis horses in the bandages and performing very similarly to Harper's horses. Even being in Sydney and not knowing anyone in WA, it was pretty obvious to me what was going on. It certainly helped on the punt.
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    He trained from a chemist lab didn’t he his horses were fuller than a hooker at midnight lol

Gottalottosay likes this post.

Rex dislikes this post.

• lamelame    1,757 posts
    edited November 2017
    Was down near capel from memory
    peppi beach i think ?

RIO likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    lame said:

Was down near capel from memory
    peppi beach i think ?

That's where he moved to after he tried to made a comeback, Anstey beach is near Secret Harbour.
    His set up in Capel was pretty handy, could have been a great setup if could have nailed it, Miles of beach, Soft sand for bush work and Bunbury track 15 minutes away.

• TheFunksterTheFunkster    3,840 posts
    His property neighbours Chris Willis just south of Secret Harbour, near Lark Hill track.Vaughan Sigley now trains out of Greg Harper's old stables
    bump
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    dungy said:

He trained from a chemist lab didn’t he his horses were fuller than a hooker at midnight lol

Where is Dungy
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Bolted when Hardwick got Richmond up to win the flag...

thefalcon, TheDiva, jum likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    he puts in a cameo from time to time...
  • ChrisChris    5,219 posts
    Been over 12 months for @dungy
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    i'll give him a yell.
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,743 posts
    edited August 2020
    I believe Dungy and William Pike separated.  :D

Regarding Pike and a recent post win interview... Just a tip Willie..... The term is putting someone on a pedestal not a pedal stool.

Manchild likes this post.

Damp squid. I like The I.T Crowd and thought of the show when I heard Pike's interview.
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    I do not question the wisdom of William....comes crunch time I throw my stool into the ring with him
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    He trained from Cannington back in the day.

comes crunch time I throw my stool into the ring with him

I'll leave that line alone  :-B

curmudgeon, jum likes this post.

• shothrushothru    243 posts
    I was foreman for him at Cannington. Very interesting time.

VillageKid, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Shothru... Does that mean you gave it your best shot(s)?
  • spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    Shotthru your nickname wasn't tank . From the South Island of NZ by any chance was it?
    Shothru was a horse trained by the great Colin Jillings. Not a champion but one of my favourites in the 70s
    spinking said:

Shotthru your nickname wasn't tank . From the South Island of NZ by any chance was it?

no