G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 34 Non Members

Handicapper gifts Niccatrice the big race at the expense of River Dance.

West Australian Racing

Comments

• AmyquilAmyquil    250 posts
    There's always high profile people whinging about being attacked by "keyboard warriors" hiding behind pseudonyms, our tiresome leading race caller being one; in this situation though, Rio has made no secret of his identity, and it is a RWWA employee hiding behind anonymity.

Maybe RWWA should put more effort into getting things right rather than silencing critics. Has anyone at RWWA adressed this or other handicapping issues publicly?

Funny that Wes Cameron regularly puts Steve Wolfe to air knowing that he can't help himself and that he will tee off about something, yet a low profile industry participant cops these standover tactics. The stupid part is that Rio wasn't leading or driving this debate: it was a pair of eastern stater's who seemingly have no connection to this industry.

Surely those two guys are only the ones worth silencing here; and good luck with that!

I guess there is Matt Rigby: the pressure could go on there. In fact, I'm sure the contact has already been made

carey, RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    thefalcon said:

i have a question to ask...why didn't the connections of River Dance complain once the weights were released?
    this is a very important topic so why don't the "victims" demand a meeting with Malpass?? 
    Falc, a lot of owners don't fully understand the weights and penalties systems. And it isn't unusual to find trainers that don't fully understand it as well.

Combine that with the fact that this was a heat/final series and you just generally suck it up to be involved in the final. A lot of owners are used to running around for 10k/win. To be in a race that had 60k/win is something to dream about.

Not an opinion of any of the owners or trainers involved in yesterdays final, just a generalisation. I know personally without the help of  few people on here I wouldn't have anywhere near the knowledge of ratings that I have, and all I have is an awareness!!!

spinking likes this post.

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    @carey You no longer bet but maintain an active interest in an industry that would not exist if not for gambling. You want to embarass stewards, track staff, handicappers for bring incompetent, biased etc. Saying racing is impure is like complaining water is wet but it angers you because you can't account for it in your formulas.
  • careycarey    6,368 posts
    please go back to your idiotic thread about pike and moreira

you started here with an idiotic comment, that was nothing to do with the subject at hand and have been backtracking ever since.

rereading your last sentence indicates just how stupid you are.
    that their handicapping is so bad, would enhance MY stuff because it is easy to pick where they stuffed up.
    god, think about it.
    i have been ranting for the last week that they have stuffed it up!
    so just how the fug is it going to ruin anything of mine???????????

Just GO.......pleeeaaaasssssse
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Carey go easy on him his blind hatred and obsession with Moreira has clouded his judgment on other matters

therealkramer likes this post.

Not backtracking but the author of this thread said the winner had a clear advantage over the race fav and they finshed 1-2. @Rodent admits to having a 'small' bet on the winner. If this game is all about getting an edge and you have a clear example of that and it's paying 20-1 i dont see the problem. I have no ethical dilemma capitalising on an advantage fair or otherwise but some would rather whinge than win. As i said, i dont understand that but whatever floats your boat.
    fine now fug off
    spinking said:

Carey go easy on him his blind hatred and obsession with Moreira has clouded his judgment on other matters

I know you're keenly awaiting updates to the great race. Be patient it will be worth the wait.
    carey said:

fine now fug off

Ok. I'll go but before i do here's another one from the boss, as a tribute to your outdated systems that cant win here or in hk

Seems to me to be only one person interested in as Carey describes it your idiotic threads guess who  one of them 4 comments all yours
    Amyquil said:

The stupid part is that Rio wasn't leading or driving this debate: it was a pair of eastern stater's who seemingly have no connection to this industry.

Surely those two guys are only the ones worth silencing here; and good luck with that! 

pretty sure they know who i am, not that i give a fig either way.

but i reckon without rodent and the like(i'm done) there is no industry.
    so i reckon that's a big connection that most people take for granted.

spinking said:

Seems to me to be only one person interested in as Carey describes it your idiotic threads guess who  one of them 4 comments all yours

Can i interest you in a comma?

spinking likes this post.

that's a crap song.
    try frankie if you want him at his best!

even allowing for the fact that i am not as good at it, as i once was, i am 100% sure i could still smack your **** at the game.
    Dont beleive in them
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Amyquil said:

There's always high profile people whinging about being attacked by "keyboard warriors" hiding behind pseudonyms, our tiresome leading race caller being one; in this situation though, Rio has made no secret of his identity, and it is a RWWA employee hiding behind anonymity.

Maybe RWWA should put more effort into getting things right rather than silencing critics. Has anyone at RWWA adressed this or other handicapping issues publicly?

Funny that Wes Cameron regularly puts Steve Wolfe to air knowing that he can't help himself and that he will tee off about something, yet a low profile industry participant cops these standover tactics. The stupid part is that Rio wasn't leading or driving this debate: it was a pair of eastern stater's who seemingly have no connection to this industry.

I guess there is Matt Rigby: the pressure could go on there. In fact, I'm sure the contact has already been made

Yes and if I dare name "who", I will once again be bought before the stewards and yet again fined ....or worse....for having a conversation that is aimed at clarifying issue for more than anyone the punters. The one group who are never represented directly to RWWA.

I am always amazed in life how people don't engage with those who are discussing faults. So that the issue can be better understood by everyone. And I'm not just talking about here. But as so often happens - and RWWA are experts at it - they attack individuals with vigour in the hope of silencing them........I really wish they would use the same vigour to fix the problems, or to explain to those industry people who comment why there is no need to fix anything...

Thanks AQ, but it was comments on this issue, but on another thread that got close to the bone.

They have had a number of shots at me over the years and due to other issues (personal ones) on top of this, I (well Mrs Rio and I) are very close to just giving up.. Basically they win, as I am not the sort of person - and never have been - that sits back and quietly keeps their opinions to themselves..

Desperado, rooboy, Amyquil, SKIDS likes this post.

carey said:

that's a crap song.
    try frankie if you want him at his best!

even allowing for the fact that i am not as good at it, as i once was, i am 100% sure i could still smack your **** at the game.

Serious question: Did your computer bet on every race or was it selective?
    my computer never bet on any races full stop,....well the computer bet, but it had nothing to do with making selections
    simply a data repository.

but that was then, and i am smart enough to know that those ways don't work any more, because your opponents do use computers.
    and the people that win all the money these days don't necessarily know diddly squat about racing.
    for the main part they are academics that know statistics and math.

for me i have never claimed to win money using computers, that's your assumption
    it's just something that i do these days trying to emulate what the teams do, but it will NEVER be as good as them, because it is me alone, and I don't spend millions trying to make zillions!
    and i lack their skill at math and statistics.

i do know that those that do use the computers tend to bet every race, every pool, everywhere(that has pari - mutuel), where they perceive expectation is exceeded.
    when it was me and the people with me, it was much more selective.
    i have been involved with both.
    my old ways are the way of the dodo.

let's put it this way how do you think you can make zillions being selective?
    that way would mean you have to bet big, and it's not so easy getting set these days, as it once was for the amounts needed.
    betting on everything means your bets can be much smaller and your cents in the dollar profit would be much smaller too, but you win much much much more money for far less risk.

and your paying for it.

therealkramer likes this post.

You once mentioned being asleep whilst races you bet on were run. I thought maybe it ran on auto pilot if that was possible then or is even now?
    i can't remember that, but i can program.
    i have written lot of programs that can bet automatically, so it's conceivable i could be asleep when bets were being made.
    it's no big deal, there are probably people reading this, that do that exact thing.

edited December 2017
    carey said:

Amyquil said:

The stupid part is that Rio wasn't leading or driving this debate: it was a pair of eastern stater's who seemingly have no connection to this industry.

pretty sure they know who i am, not that i give a fig either way.

but i reckon without rodent and the like(i'm done) there is no industry.
    so i reckon that's a big connection that most people take for granted.

I'm sure they know who you are too, but I presume they can't threaten you as they could a licensed person. And I am assuming that because I've never been involved or looked into the rules as an owner, breeder etc.
    My guess is you and Rodent are safe to say what you like as long you don't defame anyone.

....although Damien Wyer may beg to differ
    yes, fair comment.

but people should be free to say what they like, provided it's true, and whether they are licensed or not

if it's not true, then they should not be saying it, licensed or not.

i am confident of what i say, as far as it being true is concerned, or i wouldn't say it.

The_Husson likes this post.

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Ah yes, defamation.

First rule of defamation to those thinking that they have been wronged, really should be, is there any risk in trying to crush this guy by us acting like we are a Goliath and he just a pawn ?

Second suggested rule should be, does he have an almost unlimited legal resource at his disposal with some of the best legal minds in town lining up to advise, assist and represent him in this matter ?

But on a more serious note, because my matter was always going to be buried, just be careful on here what you say in print. I can't say if RWWA are litigious by nature but the same can't be said for other racing organisations. RWWA of course do have other tools at their disposal being the controlling body for licensed persons in the WA Racing Industry, so to transgress their rules you do at your own peril.

Righto, back to not giving a rat's **** about Racing here anymore.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    swings and roundabouts fellas. Yes the weight beat the 2nd horse yesterday, you just got to hope the connections get it back in some other way shape or form at a later date
  • FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    edited December 2017
    paraletic said:

swings and roundabouts fellas. Yes the weight beat the 2nd horse yesterday, you just got to hope the connections get it back in some other way shape or form at a later date

$100k races for non City winners don`t come around too often.
    carey said:

yes, fair comment.

but people should be free to say what they like, provided it's true, and whether they are licensed or not

i am confident of what i say, as far as it being true is concerned, or i wouldn't say it.

Couldn't agree more

• The_HussonThe_Husson    27 posts
    edited December 2017
    carey said:

yes, fair comment.

While I agree, one of the rules regarding the social media rules is image related. If it appears to be detrimental to the image of racing you are in breach. Unfortunately it doesn't regard the truth on this occasion but only in another rule.

Edit:adding on to the last as I just checked it but also one part stipulates being hateful to RWWA (you may not be) but I guess they can interpret it that way
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Fastmoney said:

paraletic said:

maybe they will win 10 races in Gero. Was just trying to be posative. The amount of races i have lost from too much weight, bad luck, bad ride could fill a book. Every owner is the same. Best not to dwell on it.

carey said:

yes, fair comment.

While I agree, one of the rules regarding the social media rules is image related. If it appears to be detrimental to the image of racing you are in breach. Unfortunately it doesn't regard the truth on this occasion but only in another rule.

Edit:adding on to the last as I just checked it but also one part stipulates being hateful to RWWA (you may not be) but I guess they can interpret it that way
    i don't hate anybody, especially those i don't know, although it pisses me off  that people don't/won't/can't do the jobs they are paid to do, especially when it had a big bearing on what i was trying to do.

paraletic said:

Fastmoney said:

paraletic said:

maybe they will win 10 races in Gero. Was just trying to be posative. The amount of races i have lost from too much weight, bad luck, bad ride could fill a book. Every owner is the same. Best not to dwell on it.
    this is not applicable.

you can have horses weighted badly but fairly.
    this WAS NOT the case, it was wrong and unfair.

the rest of your reasons are irrelevant