G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 7 Non Members

Draw For the Final

Harness & Greyhounds
Hope this is correct...the link to the live draw was a little (a lot) problematical......Chicago Bull 1, Galactic 2, Have faith 3, Lazarus 4, Lenny 5, San Carlo 6, Shandale 7, Soho 8, TT 9 and Vultan 10...apologies if I have incorrectly jumped the gun.

Comments

• JayJayJayJay    7,630 posts
    Ignore the above, none of it is correct...think Tiger Tara gets 1, Have Faith in Me 9, Vultan Tin 3, Soho 4, San Carlo 7, Galactic 5, Shandale 8, Have Faith In Me 9, Lenny 6, Lazarus 2 which means The Bull gets 10
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited December 2017
    Just read elsewhere that Tiger Tara drew the one!

It's game on either way.

Although Lazarus in two...that's a challenge to the rest.
    So in order.....Tiger Tara 1, Lazarus 2, Vultan Tin 3, Soho Tribeca 4, Galactic Star 5, Lenny The Shark 6, San Carlo 7, Shandale 8, Have Faith In Me 9 and Chicago Bull 10
    The big 'five' have drawn 1, 2, 4, 6, 10.
  • ciscocisco    805 posts
    Great work Boys
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Best draws possible for Tiger and The Bull and Have Faith In Me. Two may prove awkward for Lazarus dependent on the early efforts from VT ST & Lenny. Galactic Star...what does he do ?San Carlo and Shandale very badly served by the draws.

Tabtouch market.

Lazarus $2
    Tiger Tara $5
    Chicago Bull $5
    Soho Tribeca $7
    Lennytheshark $15
    San Carlo $26
    Have Faith In Me $41
    Galactic Star $51
    Vulcan Tin $81
    Shandale $101
    Sportsbet have Lazarus $2.10 and Chicago Bull just $2.80 :-? Tiger Tara $4.80 Soho Tribeca $7.50

The rest they have way out the gate...
    Lennytheshark $17
    San Carlo $51
    Have Faith In Me a massive $101
    Vulcan Tin $151
    Galactic Star $151
    Shandale $151
    You wouldn't miss this for quids, shift heaven and earth (and lounge chairs!!!) to actually get there....it promised to be great final....just get there. Can Tiger lead all the way over 2950m....leave him alone in front at your peril.
    edited December 2017
    ACL & HFIM @100/1 over 2900 at GP.....that will do me for a throw at the stumps

The Bull already crunched on Tabtouch from $5 to $4 and still a rock solid $2.80 with Sportsbet.

Sportsbet have him very short, they have moved Tiger Tara out to $5 but brought Soho Tribeca in from $7.50 to $6.50.
    Good luck Curmudgeon...will being doing first fours and hoping that one of those bolters can sneak home along the pegs..or out wide! ...into 3rd or 4th.

Have Faith In Me might be like little Bonsu....when the rest are getting a bit tired he might still keep coming and pick up a cheque. ( Had to get Bonsu in their somewhere haha )

curmudgeon likes this post.

Bad luck in the draw for San Carlo thought he was very good Friday night...barrier 7 and now a whopping 66/1 with Bet365.

Banking on enormous pressure going on before the bell...Lazarus and Soho declaring war on Tiger Tara and Junior along with the Puppet smoking the pipe then coming out and exploding.

Meanwhile 'back at the ranch' the 66/1 and 150/1 hopes conserving themselves to run on late into 3rd or 4th....boosting the first four dividend!!
    Betting on this is the same as the Melbourne Cup for me Riders. You have to be involved ....and I figure if I am going to have a bet for atmosphere.....100/1 about the fastest horse ever in Australia .....with GP's winningest driver ever who had the luxury of a one drive warm up on him....over a staying test that he will lap up... being beaten 1.7m in a 2500m track record 1.54.5 last friday night by the $2 final fav.....wellllll.....you just have to be on don't ya.?

Ridersonthestorm33, rustyh likes this post.

That barrier draw does make a difference ( understatement! ) San Carlo would have been under 10/1 from barrier one and a winning chance..draws seven and out to 66/1.
    I don't want to think about it for a day or two....already got about 6 different scenarios, one of which has Faith circling early and giving Laz cover but that's dependent on TT holding up (likely) and Lenny staying put (unlikely)....haven't got to what Soho will do but he won't be going back I wouldn't think. Ripper race coming up on paper. On his run Friday night, can;t see Shandale playing any part and San Carlo drawn so bad.
    The driver who will sleep easily all week will be Jnr.....his card is marked until after the gate is well gone....then all he has to do is drive a race as it unfolds...his absolute specialty.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited December 2017
    Think..but not over confident just the same ...that at no stage of the race will stablemate and 100/1 chance Have Faith In Me be ever in front of Lazarus.

Lewis to keep his ammo in the holster this time and an early move like he did on Friday may be kept in check. We shall see.
    edited December 2017
    Tiger Tara to hand straight up to Lazarus nearly guarantees second place..puts the Bull in an awkward spot...don't even imagine it..won't happen!

Chicago Bull on his own off the backline draw can follow Tiger Tara or follow Lazarus...two very good options.
  • FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
  • licklick    305 posts
    Surely the draw hasn’t been already Would have thought on air Tuesday or special function somewhere !?
    Live streamed from a function at GP....on stage interviews with the 2 visiting drivers and Erve Miller by Michael Radley after the draw were very good.
    Calcutta pool reached over $12k with Lazarus the dearest attracting a bid of $4300. Visiting drivers not shy...Marcus Miller forked out $2550 for Chicago Bull and Captain Canada James McDonald $1800 for Tiger Tara. "Forgotten" horse Soho Tribeca went for $1600. Robert Watson bought both Vultan Tin and Shandale for $250 and $225 respectively. Winner to collect $7640.

VillageKid likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,236 posts
    Love the enthusiasm for this race from the trot people on here, its got me interested just reading about it. Does seem a mouth watering final, I'll definitely be having a stab based on the thoughts here.

Watched a few of the lead up races and had one bet on San Carlo last Friday only because it was coming out of the one. Sometimes ignorance is bliss, leaning towards Soho Tribeca, 2 big wins and a gallant second.
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts

Good luck Curmudgeon...will being doing first fours and hoping that one of those bolters can sneak home along the pegs..or out wide! ...into 3rd or 4th.

Have Faith In Me might be like little Bonsu....when the rest are getting a bit tired he might still keep coming and pick up a cheque. ( Had to get Bonsu in their somewhere haha )

Speaking of Bonsu Riders I am not sure if you saw her race at Pinjarra today where she locked wheels with another runner just after the start but it was yet another remarkable piece of driving again from the maestro A.C Lewis who was tipped out of the cart but still had the ability to not only keep hold of the reins but manoeuvre himself back into the cart, worth watching. 

Fastmoney, curmudgeon, jum likes this post.

• FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    edited December 2017

Speaking of Bonsu Riders I am not sure if you saw her race at Pinjarra today where she locked wheels with another runner just after the start but it was yet another remarkable piece of driving again from the maestro A.C Lewis who was tipped out of the cart but still had the ability to not only keep hold of the reins but manoeuvre himself back into the cart, worth watching. 
    Spot on VK, was an amazing effort.

VillageKid, curmudgeon, jum likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,788 posts
    The one thing iam half pie about   this inters final..   will prove the last mare that won it  done it at g.p.
    edited December 2017
    Best 1000/1 bolter to run 4th...the Vulcan!

Whoever gets the best run out of San Carlo 66/1 @Bet365 and Have Faith In Me 80/1 @Sportsbet good roughies for third or fourth. One reinsperson having her first drive in an inters...the other he's a little more experienced.

Just saw Bonsu VK, remarkable. She paced away nicely too, the # 2. horse just got up inside her..she wasn't far off leading or getting the sit. If had been in one or two probably would have.

But what's just as amazing, with her good nature swear she waited for him! Did you notice as soon as he was back in the sulky, she got into that funny pace of hers very fast. Like 'cmon Chris..i wanna get going'. Flat tyre and all!

Lewis got back in the race because reckon he knows even tailed off she would still enjoy it and run the same speed all the way! But obviously the damaged flat tyre then made it impossible.

That vision is incredible for the skill of 62 years old Chris Lewis and also if ever a horse sensed what was going on, with an attitude of 'don't let this stop us' ..it was Bonsu.

curmudgeon, jum likes this post.

ACL......no substitute for ability....just get on Have Faith In Christopher friday night

Ridersonthestorm33, jum likes this post.

edited December 2017
    Have Faith ran well from the outside draw last Friday night and out there maybe beneficial again. Think around 50/1 is his right price...but my goodness if he drew two and his stablemate Lazarus nine then we would be talking!

The forgotten horse of the race 100% no doubt about it...is one Leonard The Shark.

When has he ever been around 16/1 - 20/1 ?

curmudgeon likes this post.