G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 13 Non Members

Comments worth a post but not a thread of their own

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,735 posts

GP mainly RBD only 8 races one full field.

You reap what you sow.

I think this is more a case of people being turned off by blind noms rather than going back to some rbd races
    I think it's more a case of ongoing lost interest due to lack of competitive racing, dwindling owners, dwindling horses racing=dwindling number of runners.
    Markovina said:

Early thoughts on the GP meeting tonight 

I think the best bet on an e/w basis ( only pays 1/2 ) is in race 1 Star of Willoughby $5.50 W $2 P 

Eye catching run last start - powered to the line - even allowing for the track bias  the no 1 who ran in that race was a far inferior run 

I   wouldnt mind SOW sitting in the breeze - take the luck out of it - and beat the 1 because it is a better horse
    I'm pretty keen Back In Twenty
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    #4 in last silly chance at silly odds
    Good run last two against much stronger company.
  • Browny123Browny123    97 posts
    They had no problem getting 10 or 11 RBD races on a Friday night the past few years..blind and single noms are the blue here

cisco, Chopchop43, Royboy, curmudgeon likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,841 posts
    Yes Browny let's all stay home and earn nothing as they stake money goes begging.
    Just a coincidence since blind/single noms haven’t had a 10 race card..righto champ

Royboy, curmudgeon likes this post.

• Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    843 posts

Yes Browny let's all stay home and earn nothing as they stake money goes begging.

A lot of horses went to the paddock because of the $l3 you can’t scrap it 7 days ago and expect the horses to be back a week later this will have a flow on effect for a few months

Browny123 likes this post.

• Chopchop43Chopchop43    160 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

You reap what you sow.

I think this is more a case of people being turned off by blind noms rather than going back to some rbd races
    I think it's more a case of ongoing lost interest due to lack of competitive racing, dwindling owners, dwindling horses racing=dwindling number of runners.

Well i guarantee you that if you were to ask a large majority of the industry participants you'd see that a large number were against both blind noms aswell as having every single race $l3, if we are to look even deeper than these issues, is the steady decline of our pool of horses over here in conjunction with a handicapping system that the majority were never onboard with painting a pretty clear picture at this moment in time, maybe the terrible number of nominations especially at gp on a Friday night could possibly be that issue starting to come to ahead

Royboy, Gilgamesh, Cant_Refuse likes this post.

Gilgamesh said:

You reap what you sow.

Well i guarantee you that if you were to ask a large majority of the industry participants you'd see that a large number were against both blind noms aswell as having every single race $l3, if we are to look even deeper than these issues, is the steady decline of our pool of horses over here in conjunction with a handicapping system that the majority were never onboard with painting a pretty clear picture at this moment in time, maybe the terrible number of nominations especially at gp on a Friday night could possibly be that issue starting to come to ahead

I can’t argue with that, alienating those left participating is not the way to go. The whole thing is a complete shamozlle.

Chopchop43, aussiebattler likes this post.

Browny123 said:

Just a coincidence since blind/single noms haven’t had a 10 race card..righto champ

I thought we had 10 race card last Friday up from 9 the week before.

Don't let the facts get in the way of your agenda.

Browny123 said:

I thought we had 10 race card last Friday up from 9 the week before.

Don't let the facts get in the way of your agenda.

4x7 horse fields and if it wasn’t for the nights of thunder heats would of been an 8 race card also wow you are that obnoxious, you’re obviously a huge push for the $l3 but blind freddy can see horse numbers declined as soon as it was implemented, that’s the problem with this industry old fossils that can’t move with the times are getting a say

Browny123, Cant_Refuse likes this post.

Gilgamesh dislikes this post.

Poor effort chariots..laughable actually

Rocket_Reign, Chopchop43, Cant_Refuse likes this post.

Gilgamesh dislikes this post.

• Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    204 posts
    Keep banging that rwwa drum chariots,in ten years time you’ll be able to beat at ascot on a Saturday reminiscing about how good the trots were and how you can’t believe they got given the ass.
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    If you had a race that was PBD/RBD , sex , $l3 colour, drivers first name, Howe,
    Would somebody still win the race ??
    I just don’t get this, horses being turned out/sold etc, does any system really make a difference to how many races are shared between participants, as a percentage across the industry not much would change. All comes down to who has the biggest cheque book and the most horses. Having said that I am all for the smaller trainers being offered a greater slice of the pie.
    The only thing that will change as a result of “fiddling” with the handicapping system is turnover.
    Up or down and what happens after that is the scary bit.

Gilgamesh, VillageKid likes this post.

What the hell happened to the Ray Duffy Memorial barriers?? I’ve got Howard Hughes in 1, Cyclone Banner in 6.
    Gilgamesh said:

What the hell happened to the Ray Duffy Memorial barriers?? I’ve got Howard Hughes in 1, Cyclone Banner in 6.

PBD/L yet the lowest L now has barrier 5???

Keep banging that rwwa drum chariots,in ten years time you’ll be able to beat at ascot on a Saturday reminiscing about how good the trots were and how you can’t believe they got given the ass.

I’m pretty sure Chariots would have a better understanding of the wagering landscape and therefore the WA Harness revenue stream than all of us combined, he probably is a pretty handy person to listen to.

I haven’t seen anywhere that he has beaten the RWWA drum. Just trying to improve turn over and pointed out the Brownie’s of the cuff statement was in fact incorrect.

VillageKid likes this post.

Gilgamesh said:

Gilgamesh said:

Think that’s how it was drawn the first time which is a mistake so it was re drawn its PBDL but it starts at L15+

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• aussiebattleraussiebattler    282 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

I suspect its as follows 
    FFA Level 15 so essentially its an RBD as all are drawn as L15 as minimum set Level you could put a maiden in there and draw 9 
    PBD/L doesnt work in that case as horses dont attain a level higher than 15 

either that or its an error thats been missed and should be re-drawn 

Gilgamesh said:

Gilgamesh said:

Think that’s how it was drawn the first time which is a mistake so it was re drawn its PBDL but it starts at L15+
    there is no horses over 15 as thats the Max they can go Chicago Bull is on L15 so whom ever wrote those conditions for that race made a mistake should have read RBD or not have been a FFA and classed as an L10/L15 with a minimum benchmark lower than 15 to allow the PBD/L to work 
  • JayJayJayJay    7,665 posts
    Yet another classic case of smoke and mirrors...a so called PBD/L yet in reality, it is nothing of the sort..it is an RBD.

TrackBias, VillageKid likes this post.

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    Anyone else catch the blonde handler at Wentworth Park for the winner of race 3:  #4 Double Bluff...?I'd run like that, too if I was guaranteed a victory hug from those DDs =P~ :D >:D<
    Political incorrectness at its best Kramer. :)>-
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited January 2021
    She in charge of the  #1 dog in the next race 8-> :x
    With the discussion on corporate bookmakers and Tabtouch fixed odds it was interesting to note that WA is the only state that has not introduced minimum bet levels in any code.

This probably represent a conflict of interest with WA being the only state that has the controlling authority and a fixed odds operation under the same umbrella.

RWWA is obviously trying to protect its fixed odds margin by knocking back successful punters but that also means that all other corporates are not obliged to have a minimum bet level on WA product in any code and the average punter suffers.

Rocket_Reign likes this post.

• sonnysonny    1,066 posts
    Does anyone here remember a trotter named Dandy Dax.. which raced here and went to Sydney in the 80s. I think Keys trained it here and ran in the Golden Nugget??
    edited January 2021

With the discussion on corporate bookmakers and Tabtouch fixed odds it was interesting to note that WA is the only state that has not introduced minimum bet levels in any code.

This probably represent a conflict of interest with WA being the only state that has the controlling authority and a fixed odds operation under the same umbrella.

RWWA is obviously trying to protect its fixed odds margin by knocking back successful punters but that also means that all other corporates are not obliged to have a minimum bet level on WA product in any code and the average punter suffers.

I was going to say the other day can’t have a go at Rocket Reign for not betting with Tabtouch, assuming he is a winning fixed odds punter (no reason to not believe that) he is actually doing the right think by not taking away money from “the brand that funds the industry”.

sonny, VillageKid likes this post.

The Wednesday Trials at Pinjarra ,are they an improvement on the Sundays they use to run 
    Has the change been as successful ?

Seems to be impractical to run Bunbury and Pinjarra both on a Wed Arvo should it be alternating weeks like they were doing when Pinjarra and Byford went to Alternating Sundays 

It is a long way to Byford on a Sunday for a lot of the participants as the only other option which is not an easy task to get to if racing on a Sat night and getting home in the early hours of Sunday Morning  

Albany has some programmed on Mondays which is impossible to get to Work commitments rules out midweek trials for some as well 

We Use to have trials at Wagin Sunday Nights which switched to Sunday Mornings to cater for the Great southern I asked for some to be programmed but it seems the Wagin Club has given up Programming them as there is none programmed in the next 3 months ,Shouldn't need to ask for some to be programmed continually if they are on the program and stand up run them 

there also seems to be none at Northam or Kellerberrin this time of year 

Makes Educating and Qualifying horses harder and doesn't encourage breeding or buying young or unqualified horses 

Should the Cost of running trials be Subsidized to make them more readily available for the industry  
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,799 posts
    What describes a average punter 5x5 , 10 x10  20x20.----- Funny rwwa  pays  the tipsters then  W.A. Punters bet with the corporates--- suppose rwwa has to be very mindful of the harness arm of the industry, it receives  handouts to  reach  the 25mil. allocation for stakes.---.due to poor turnover,

Sure can't expect industry participants to race for less then 2.5k first prize.

Remmeber when bet 365 first  started operating in Australia loss was 117mil in first three years. alot was on marketing& customer acquisition----plus they didn't realize how clever alot Australian punters with regards to form.But they employed top form students from around australia now its a different ball game

Hurdle racing & soccer licence to print money  for bet 365 they have a customer base of 35 million customers world-wide Tabtouch-- has 60,000 account holders.

Trying to  forget ---but can't remember its name it won at gloucester park on a friday night first start in a race it was down to race on the monday at g.p. Bet 365 would put the prices up sat morning for monday they put it up 30/1.purely unaware that it had won the previous night. it started odds-on monday- think 5 or 6 horse field got held-up. Thought sent from heaven.on sat..

Don't take the 5s -----RAGAZZO MACH for derby not being sold at present time,sure did bolt-in at Winton on Wed. by 9 lgths

• Chopchop43Chopchop43    160 posts

The Wednesday Trials at Pinjarra ,are they an improvement on the Sundays they use to run 

Has the change been as successful ?

Seems to be impractical to run Bunbury and Pinjarra both on a Wed Arvo should it be alternating weeks like they were doing when Pinjarra and Byford went to Alternating Sundays 

It is a long way to Byford on a Sunday for a lot of the participants as the only other option which is not an easy task to get to if racing on a Sat night and getting home in the early hours of Sunday Morning  

Albany has some programmed on Mondays which is impossible to get to Work commitments rules out midweek trials for some as well 

We Use to have trials at Wagin Sunday Nights which switched to Sunday Mornings to cater for the Great southern I asked for some to be programmed but it seems the Wagin Club has given up Programming them as there is none programmed in the next 3 months ,Shouldn't need to ask for some to be programmed continually if they are on the program and stand up run them 

there also seems to be none at Northam or Kellerberrin this time of year 

Makes Educating and Qualifying horses harder and doesn't encourage breeding or buying young or unqualified horses 

Should the Cost of running trials be Subsidized to make them more readily available for the industry  

From what I was told when the idea was floated about moving pinjarra trials from Sunday to a Wednesday was this was done to provide entertainment for the people going to the bistro/sports bar setup the club was trying to run in the afternoons during the week. Alot of people who religiously use the pinjarra track were against it, as Wednesday afternoon during summer didn't seem logical when it came to the welfare of our horses, but as it turns out the whole bistro idea has been canned as the turn out was non existent so it will be interesting to see if the club maintains trials on the Wednesday arvos