G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 11 Non Members

Comments worth a post but not a thread of their own

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

  • maybesomaybeso    60 posts
    Ragazzo Mach is owned by one of the richest cray fishermen in Southland. Apparently the crew wanting to buy Regazzo Mach were dickering amongst themselves regarding the value of the horse. 

    As I got told Wednesday, his run at Winton would have added tens of thousands of dollars to the asking price. Time will tell if he gets sold, but the owner has no pressing desire to move him on.
  • freodockersfreodockers    774 posts
    Dickering sounds interesting,
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,051 posts
    Thought orginally there was a push for trials at one stage were going to be only held byford & none at pinjarra . Paul Papalia MLA & Mick  Murray MLA. had to pay the previous Harness manager visit for a little tune-up.regards trials will be held at pinj.

    Nothing should prevent someone wishing to qualify a horse, within a reasonable time frame in any particular area's even a race night,and also  with the aid of a galloping pacemaker should be sufficient  that isn't allowed to head the horse thats attempting to qualify.(time) thats if  a trial field can't be organized.in that region.

    People that are left in the industry full well know the temperaments & tractability,& capabilities .of there individual horses,and there requirements prior going to races.

    Different sceniaro if you are sent back to trials having to met set requirements in order to pass -- to return to-racing.


    curmudgeon likes this post.

  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    1,929 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

    Thought orginally there was a push for trials at one stage were going to be only held byford & none at pinjarra . Paul Papalia MLA & Mick  Murray MLA. had to pay the previous Harness manager visit for a little tune-up.regards trials will be held at pinj.


    Nothing should prevent someone wishing to qualify a horse, within a reasonable time frame in any particular area's even a race night,and also  with the aid of a galloping pacemaker should be sufficient  that isn't allowed to head the horse thats attempting to qualify.(time) thats if  a trial field can't be organized.in that region.

    People that are left in the industry full well know the temperaments & tractability,& capabilities .of there individual horses,and there requirements prior going to races.

    Different sceniaro if you are sent back to trials having to met set requirements in order to pass -- to return to-racing.


    Trainers pay $500 odd a season to be licenced. If you don't trial a horse before racing and it performs poorly there are a number of responses that can be used to address that event should it be warranted, Otherwise what is the point ?
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    1,580 posts
    Been a bit of debate re some posters wanting heats of Pacing Cups etc - got no problem with that - if it is performance  related - like 1st and 2nd only into final 

    However Preludes are a  totally different kettle of fish - yesterday at Tamworth they had a 3 year old final - 12k nice prizemoney - Hygain Star Maker was the name of the race

    So the only requirement was you had to run in the prelude to qualify - you could run 2nd last - but that qualified you 

    If you have  got 5 minutes spare watch a horse  " Eagle Commander ( the winner of final ) as to how differently it was driven in the prelude - Tamworth race 6   17/1/2011 to how it was driven in the final  Race 3  24/1/21- and it was backed for a stack yesterday too

    I had a decent bet in the race - and it left a dirty sour taste in my mouth


  • KTQKTQ    215 posts
    Will race 6 at GP Friday be redrawn to have Headline Act ODM or will they just move the horses drawn outside her inwards? 
  • KTQKTQ    215 posts
    Does anyone have a link to the rules on a horse galloping? Seems some horses get a warning, others get a trial. Curious as to the actual rule for future reference

    freodockers, Gilgamesh likes this post.

  • Chopchop43Chopchop43    25 posts
    KTQ said:

    Does anyone have a link to the rules on a horse galloping? Seems some horses get a warning, others get a trial. Curious as to the actual rule for future reference



    correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure you get a warning for your first offence, and if you happen to gallop again within a certain amount of starts you'll get stood down for a trial
  • ArapahoArapaho    21 posts
    Regarding galloping during running, pretty sure if your horse has had less than 5 starts in its career and gallops it has to do 1 satisfactory trial.
    More than 5 starts it will get a warning the first time it gallops and 1 trial if it re offends  within a certain amount of starts,
  • ArapahoArapaho    21 posts
    Just read,if your horse gallops in running and its had, less than 4 career starts, it is stood down for 1 satisfactory trial.
    After 4 career starts and it gallops in running, a warning is issued and then if it re offends within 5 starts, it gets sent back to trials.
    Once a horse has 5 clear starts it is assumed it has a clear record.
    But if the horse re offends prior to completing 5 clear starts it will be stood down for 2 trials plus stood down for 14 days.
    Not sure if this is the most recent ruling as was made effective in 2007.

    Gilgamesh likes this post.

  • GilgameshGilgamesh    3,600 posts
    Could be deemed un Australian to not have a few bets if they are willing to run a meeting for us today.

    7 out of the 8 races with odds on faves, only one to not is the trot race. 5 favorites $1.50 or less, handicapping at its finest but I digress.

    R1: No4 Weewah is better than these, not the leader and first up so might get something better than the $1.65 mid tote.

    R3/4. Happy to multi up No5 Talks Up A Storm and No2 Our Mister Kalle for the slightly better than even money.

    R7: No2 Bettor Be Lively. I think the $4.40 (slightly better elsewhere) is fantastic value. Have to bank on Lewis being able to get into the clear in the last half lap but I think he should be able to against this line up, other than Burning Rubber they will all be dropping off and I think he will be coming from too far back for Suvaljko use him to keep Bettor Be Lively pocketed.

    Gilgamesh dislikes this post.

  • KTQKTQ    215 posts
    Arapaho said:

    Just read,if your horse gallops in running and its had, less than 4 career starts, it is stood down for 1 satisfactory trial.

    After 4 career starts and it gallops in running, a warning is issued and then if it re offends within 5 starts, it gets sent back to trials.
    Once a horse has 5 clear starts it is assumed it has a clear record.
    But if the horse re offends prior to completing 5 clear starts it will be stood down for 2 trials plus stood down for 14 days.
    Not sure if this is the most recent ruling as was made effective in 2007.


    There are 2 horses at Albany that have broken in their last 5 starts and broke again that didnt need to re-trial. This is why Im so confused
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    1,580 posts
    Thats allways been one of the knocks on Trotting - the rules and different rules between states re galloping 

    Sun of Sonoko ( Trotter  )  15/1/21 at Melton - came from last swamped  them - but galloped last couple of strides when it hit the line - got relegated to 3rd - i think it would have kept the race in quite a few other states bar Victoria 

    You can gallop for 50 metres at the start - all ok - but gallop for 2 strides when crossing the finishing line and you are a dead duck - well in Vic you are 
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    1,580 posts
    Old Glens of Tekoa -seen a bit of Australasia

    New Zealand - to WA - places like GP Williams Collie - then over to NSW-  Menangle Penrith etc - then up to the nations Capital - 3 starts at Exhibition Park Canberra- then down to Victoria for a start at Kilmore - and tonight it is up at the Sunraysia  - for a run at Mildura ( ran 3rd ) 

    Had an interesting life that horse - South Aust - Tassie and Qld - i would suggest they are still all possibilities for that horse 
  • JayJayJayJay    6,171 posts
    edited January 26
    Glens has a HWOE of $25,656  (level 8) and a NR of 41. Had he started at GP today, at a quick glance, he would have run into Divinia Belleeza in the level 8 race, or Weewah or Matai Geordie in the $L5 LT $8000 races. He ran in a NR up to 47 PBD race at Mildura from gate 2.
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    1,929 posts
    edited January 26
    JayJay said:

    Glens has a HWOE of $25,656  (level 8) and a NR of 41. Had he started at GP today, at a quick glance, he would have run into Divinia Belleeza in the level 8 race, or Weewah or Matai Geordie in the $L5 LT $8000 races. He ran in a NR up to 47 PBD race at Mildura from gate 2.

    Found a niche like many others in the NR system.....part of a 12 race 110 horse Mildura meeting today. Probably didn't have to nominate blind either.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    1,580 posts
    One thing ive noticed on the Eastern Seaboard ( cant happen  in WA because we are too isolated) is owners are getting pretty clever and alot smarter in placing their horse

    And the same ownership - their sending their horse to multiple states  and  to multiple regions - where ever they think the grade suits it and the prizemoney is ok 

    Alot of ex Vic horses currently in Tassie - however a recent trend - is ex Qld horses with their owners sending them to Tassie and  with excellent results 

    A great  exampleof an owner being right in touch and maximising the optimum chance for his horse is the owner ( and he bred the horse as well ) of James Dean - a horse thats won just over 100k  - just an honest average  horse - 

    Bred in NZ - early racing in NZ - then sent to Robbie Morris at Menangle - where it did its bulk of its racing - did ok but it was on its mark - then sent to Grant Dixon in QLD - did ok - one a few races - but it was battling a bit ( wouldnt win a Sat night AP race - no way )  so the owner transferred it to Tassie - had its 1st start their last night - 12k SS race and won - and the caller said that horse has had 5 SS wins from 9 SS starts - so it is a really good SS horse 

    That is a brilliant example of a flexible owner who is right in touch with Eastern States scene/schedule - and is prepared to move his horse to multiple states to maximise its earning potential

    savethegame likes this post.

  • maybesomaybeso    60 posts
    You really have to appreciate the farcical nature of some things RWWA schedules.

    NOMINATIONS FOR NORTHAM - NM290121T

    FRIDAY, 29 JANUARY 2021

    KEY TIMES 

    All times are displayed using the Australian Western Standard Time timezone.

    Nominations
    29 January 2021, 08:30 AM
    Acceptances
    29 January 2021, 08:30 AM
    Fields Available
    29 January 2021, 03:00 PM
    Driver/Gear Change Deadline
    29 January 2021, 03:00 PM
    Scratching Deadline
    29 January 2021, 08:30 AM

     

    The trials are due to finish 45 odd minutes before the first race at 6.05pm, which doesn’t leave much time to get notification of the trial, get the horse(s) ready, transported, and geared up before trial time.


    Surprised? Not really.

  • getthechangegetthechange    210 posts
    JayJay said:

    Glens has a HWOE of $25,656  (level 8) and a NR of 41. Had he started at GP today, at a quick glance, he would have run into Divinia Belleeza in the level 8 race, or Weewah or Matai Geordie in the $L5 LT $8000 races. He ran in a NR up to 47 PBD race at Mildura from gate 2.

    winner of 8 gets bar 2 via pref draw on NR - the connections of six of the seven maidens that drew outside him were no doubt ecstatic
    National ratings or national raffle
    see attachment
    docx
    docx
    Jay Jay.docx
    19K
  • maybesomaybeso    60 posts

    JayJay said:


    winner of 8 gets bar 2 via pref draw on NR - the connections of six of the seven maidens that drew outside him were no doubt ecstatic
    National ratings or national raffle
    see attachment
    As different to the L1/3 on Friday at Northam where the maidens drew 10 and 11?

    aussiebattler, JayJay, curmudgeon likes this post.

  • aussiebattleraussiebattler    234 posts

    JayJay said:

    Glens has a HWOE of $25,656  (level 8) and a NR of 41. Had he started at GP today, at a quick glance, he would have run into Divinia Belleeza in the level 8 race, or Weewah or Matai Geordie in the $L5 LT $8000 races. He ran in a NR up to 47 PBD race at Mildura from gate 2.

    winner of 8 gets bar 2 via pref draw on NR - the connections of six of the seven maidens that drew outside him were no doubt ecstatic
    National ratings or national raffle
    see attachment
    Both systems are a failure 
  • JayJayJayJay    6,171 posts
    Yes, he is a fair dinkum graverobber is Glens.......last 50 starts have produced 2 wins, the last of which was a $4500 stake, both in the NR jurisdiction. Prior to heading east under HWOE, he had 34 starts for no wins. Yep, they see Glens in the noms over there and all his potential opponents go into a blind rage of fear and envy. The defenders of HWOE and its myriad of attached and ever changing clauses and conditions will still be shouting it from the rooftops when there are no citizens left in town to listen to them.

    cisco, curmudgeon, Chopchop43 likes this post.

  • savethegamesavethegame    2,051 posts
    maybeso said:

    JayJay said:


    winner of 8 gets bar 2 via pref draw on NR - the connections of six of the seven maidens that drew outside him were no doubt ecstatic
    National ratings or national raffle
    see attachment
    As different to the L1/3 on Friday at Northam where the maidens drew 10 and 11?
    Ones ODM. at Northam --- Bells Fool.--- but the other well ----- mdn -Remarkable Star 57 starts no wins drawn outsidel---L2-L3s Thats a stinger.

    curmudgeon, Arapaho likes this post.

  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    1,929 posts
    edited January 27
    With NR you can nominate for a maiden (Rating 50) which is a homogenous rating race ....or if you have had a few maiden starts without any joy.... nominate for a race Rated below 50 ......which you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know could contain winners out of form or simply ordinary conveyances. Your choice as a licence paying participant....and you can see what else is nominated and scratch or not for whatever reason suits you....not the knockoff time of the handicapping office.

    cisco, JayJay, Arapaho likes this post.

  • MarkovinaMarkovina    1,580 posts
    Just listened to a podcast of Teddy Demmler - its on the AHR site - goes for about 70 minutes - very good

    Some points of interest 

    His career was interrupted by National Service - might have been with Chariots 

    Apparently Demmler had a magnificent 20 acre property - so when interstate trainers were campaigning in Vic - they liked to stay at his place - and he said the person he learnt the most off - called him a super horseman - and said it was a godsend that he met him was Trevor Warwick . He said he learnt how to feed horses properly and to clock them - rate them - all off Warwick - so he was easily the biggest influence on his career

    Spoke glowingly of Phil Coulson - said he was his idol as a driver - said he was similar to Gavin Lang - well balanced - didnt move a muscle etc . Obviously rated Pure Steel as the best horse he drove 

    At the end - spoke about the fall he had at Warragul 15 years ago - which basically ended his career - said to this day he still hasnt got over it - 2 years in hospital - had to basically learn how to walk and talk again - thats how badly smashed up he was


  • JayJayJayJay    6,171 posts
    Yes, Marko, I listened to it yesterday as well. Wonderful listening. I was not a fan of Teddy's driving style but records don't lie and it was a fantastic 70 minutes. It is marvelous that they have this recorded whilst he can still recall all the events, I could listen to those old legends stories forever.

    cisco, Markovina, Offthebit likes this post.

  • KTQKTQ    215 posts
    KTQ said:

    Will race 6 at GP Friday be redrawn to have Headline Act ODM or will they just move the horses drawn outside her inwards? 


    shes listed as EOD. Any idea what this stands for? Would it mean she starts out of draw but doesnt get a new number?
  • Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    455 posts
    KTQ said:

    KTQ said:

    Will race 6 at GP Friday be redrawn to have Headline Act ODM or will they just move the horses drawn outside her inwards? 


    shes listed as EOD. Any idea what this stands for? Would it mean she starts out of draw but doesnt get a new number?



    Yes Extreme Outside Draw but keeps same number
  • KTQKTQ    215 posts
    edited January 29
    When did the Dainty's Daughter 3yo fillies classic first run? Is there a list of previous winners and the dates the races were held anywhere? Looking through results from the 90s is proving tiresome
  • JayJayJayJay    6,171 posts
    2000....winner was Black And Blue
Sign In or Register to comment.