G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 31 Non Members

Comments worth a post but not a thread of their own

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    R3 tonight at Northam I'm a bit of a fan of Captain Casual. Double figure odds tonight looks a great EW play.

cisco likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    The Moneys On
    Major Jade
    Nuclear Poker
    Pies to beat Weagles
    The Wizard

cisco, Gilgamesh, oldhendo, Rocket_Reign likes this post.

Gee it’s very quiet on that other thread.
    Few big mouths gone missing.
    And to think they want to give Optus to that bunch of rabble.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

May have been a decent idea for Patrikiar to take the cover that was on offer there.
  • ArapahoArapaho    223 posts
    Patrikiar 3 deep, into breeze and was pushed along early start before.
    Writing was on the wall .
    Must think its a bit one paced.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

Pinjarra today Gilga ???

Pinjarra today Gilga ???

Have to admit I know very little about the form of most of the runners today but I think Ideal Whitby in the 7th is worth a few dollars at the price he is with the one market that is up.

You got any for me?

Liked the run of Immachulate race 3 ,,, first up at Narrogin.
    Fav looks very dodgy.

PackedMetalPanda, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Just seen Amer Bullitt trial form, def worth a go ew.
    Someone get Mark Reed a new cart and a personal mechanic. Foot rest fell of Friday, Seat today. Would struggle to find someone to insure him with that record!

freodockers, VillageKid likes this post.

Yep will be watched a few times.
    Tommy Sheey Jnr one night at GP as barrier was about to release, fell straight out the back. Bit broke. There was a few of us having a good old laugh at the bar that night. 

Gilgamesh, VillageKid likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Driver at Young in the race that preceded the GP event that Chopper came a gutser in fell into the dustsheet & the two following him came down. Strange viewing. The welds on the seat struts have been known to snap on the speed carts.
    Nice to see Donald Harper land Star of the Class in the last at GP tonight. Drivers wore black armbands as a mark of respect to his wife Tara's father....well known & respected Byford horseman Bob Sweet who passed away earlier this week.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,890 posts
    Interesting finish in the last race at Young last night- driver losing his seat - then total chaos followed

Iam talking out of my pocket a bit - but i see this happen a bit in some races- where a horse gets a split ( the thing in the green colours which i was on ) and the horse to its outside ( the one where the bloke lost his seat ) doesnt like that - and  thus he drives very tight on the right hand rein - thats happened to me quite a bit - where there is a genuine run/gap- then they get squeezed right out 

Abbreviated stewards report - the bloke who lost his seat -  his horse warned for hanging in - well why did it hang in - why would a horse hang in going around a right hand turn under pressure - if it hung out - i could understand that logically 
  • Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts
    Markovina said:

Interesting finish in the last race at Young last night- driver losing his seat - then total chaos followed

Iam talking out of my pocket a bit - but i see this happen a bit in some races- where a horse gets a split ( the thing in the green colours which i was on ) and the horse to its outside ( the one where the bloke lost his seat ) doesnt like that - and  thus he drives very tight on the right hand rein - thats happened to me quite a bit - where there is a genuine run/gap- then they get squeezed right out 

Abbreviated stewards report - the bloke who lost his seat -  his horse warned for hanging in - well why did it hang in - why would a horse hang in going around a right hand turn under pressure - if it hung out - i could understand that logically 

You’ve obviously never sat behind a horse if you don’t understand how horses hang

Browny123, Pinballwizard, VillageKid likes this post.

Markovina said:

You’ve obviously never sat behind a horse if you don’t understand how horses hang
    I tell you what Matey - if i ever  did sit behind  one in a race - especially at Albany - would i be trying to win - id be trying 1000% to win that race 

And at the start - id be handing up the lead to no one - even if it meant i had to a Teddy Demmler at the start - and pull the stick in the left hand 

Because like i say - i want to win that race - and on that tight Albany circuit - keeping the lead would give it the best chance of winning
  • Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts
    Markovina said:

Markovina said:

I tell you what Matey - if i ever  did sit behind  one in a race - especially at Albany - would i be trying to win - id be trying 1000% to win that race 

And at the start - id be handing up the lead to no one - even if it meant i had to a Teddy Demmler at the start - and pull the stick in the left hand 

Because like i say - i want to win that race - and on that tight Albany circuit - keeping the lead would give it the best chance of winning

Won a few starts later only race it ever won by you guessed it handing up the lead haha. Good to see I hit a chord there maybe you’re even starting to realise that you’re a nuffy
    It's one thing to think you know why they are hanging....it's another thing to stop them doing it.
    I’m still trying to work out the right hand turn bit.
    When I looked they are turning left.

Pinballwizard likes this post.

However I do agree with Marko in principal.
    Too many times the horse is blamed when it is actually the driver not reacting in time.

However I do agree with Marko in principal.
    Too many times the horse is blamed when it is actually the driver not reacting in time.

That was simply the point i was making 

And in the case at the race at Young - where you have a driver who doesnt  have many race drives - and a horse will get a legitimate split - and the driver on the outside drives hard with the right rein - contact is made - yet the horse is allways blamed for hanging in - i dont buy that 

Likewise how often do you see a horse leading in the straight - and a horse comes up wide to challenge it  - and the driver on the leader - lets his horse  come out 2 or 3 or 4 carts wider - so his horse - can see that outside horse challenging - and as result hes hoping his horse will give a kick - and not let that outside horse with momentum pass it - that happens countless times - that isnt the horse hanging out - that is driver initiated

As for the comment - ive never sat behind a horse - well that is incorrect - i use to drive them in track work as a youngster - and i know what they are like - a little bit of rubbish on the side of the track or road and they will baulk at it
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Positive swab inquiries not being released or reported by the Stewards.

One finalised and one pending in a complete lack of transparency.
  • Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    204 posts
    Why would they not be reported?
    I have no idea why. Testosterone and Dexamethasone I believe.
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,788 posts
    Its   a case of two different people with the same surname?--- there are two different reports. on rwwa. one with a appeal still pending and the other one finalised. --unless your are talking about   new cases.
    Both are relatively new cases with one finalised and the other inquiry ongoing so far as I am aware.
    Dexamethasone is no big deal

Greg Norman - got a reasonable size team based at Charlton - last mth one of his  was positive to that

The penalty 5k fine with 4k suspended for 12mths - lost the race of course - but basically a nothing offence - pretty similar to arsenic penalties
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,788 posts
    NO 1.  Happened 21/12 /2020            case date 12/03/2021 --- appeal heard 12/04/ 2021 -- penalty reduced from 6k. to 1k published 30/06/2021.--- Dexamethasone.

NO 2. Happened  12/01/2021.------ case date  21/04/2021 appeal lodged  13/05/2021 read it  as the horse was also given 12 months. because of testosterone. guilty plea was entered .Maybe the appeal based on the horse being able to race?.
    Dex inquiry was only opened this week. The Testosterone inquiry was purported to have been finalised in the last week or so.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,630 posts
    Prominent owner Renato (Ron) Del Basso featuring in the personal notices that no one likes to read about this week.....of Del Basso Smallgoods fame but also a strident supporter of the famous Herdsman Parade Stable. Good fellow...think Ron's Special (a highly successful brother to Victorian star Dean's Special), Grosvenor, Dame Bromac to name just some. Son John had a good go at training and driving for a while, think Barry Street also associated with the stable.