G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 29 Non Members

Comments worth a post but not a thread of their own

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• JayJayJayJay    7,630 posts
    There was an error made in determining it's HWOE level when it came over from NZ, a win in a race with a $10.900 win stake was omitted and it was allocated an incorrect level. Therefore, it started in 7 races it was ineligible to start in in which it won $22,900 in stakes which the connections have been allowed to keep. Additional payments will be paid to the "beaten" runners.

freodockers, VillageKid likes this post.

• KTQKTQ    319 posts
    Does it get a handicap penalty? I mean why should the opposition have to re-race it off the same mark, particularly in stands?
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    JayJay said:

8 races at Albany, emergencies in 2 of them, pretty much fully subscribed. Same at Northam with 9 races, 88 acceptors.

So they are just avoiding headquarters.
    edited January 2022
    KTQ said:

Does it get a handicap penalty? I mean why should the opposition have to re-race it off the same mark, particularly in stands?

No, it's HWOE when it came over should have been $32,983 (Level9) which is what is listed as now. I think it probably had to get a "free hit" so to speak by keeping the $22,900 it earned as a result of an assessment balls up that was no fault of the connections. But I can see where you are coming from.

Gilgamesh said:

JayJay said:

8 races at Albany, emergencies in 2 of them, pretty much fully subscribed. Same at Northam with 9 races, 88 acceptors.

So they are just avoiding headquarters.
    Hmm, dunno, horses race where there are races suitably programmed for their level or current "conditioned status". The "city class" races may be undersubscribed for a number of possible reasons.....the programming may be unsuitable, it is just too hard to earn against the major dominant stables as their horses are just too good.....or....at the risk of giving oxygen to a hoary old chestnut, the horses that could should be making up the metro class fields have been exported to North America. Time to put the flak jacket on.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• G-MacG-Mac    1,569 posts
    Why is Tricky Ric disqualified from its last 7 starts.
    Never seen that before.
    The career prizemoney won in NZ was incorrectly declared ("due to a clerical error") when he went to WA so he was handicapped incorrectly in all 7 starts.

• AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    capgun said:

Never seen that before.

G-Mac said:

The career prizemoney won in NZ was incorrectly declared ("due to a clerical error") when he went to WA so he was handicapped incorrectly in all 7 starts.

Who was at fault? i presume someone at RWWA
  • KTQKTQ    319 posts
    Heard of and read of a number of stewards inquiries recently (including in the newspaper) and there has either been no outcome or no hearing notice posted on rwwas site.

Wouldn't it be integral to industry integrity to have this information publicly viewable? Particularly for penalty precedents. Seems some trainers get published and not others

G-Mac likes this post.

• G-MacG-Mac    1,569 posts
    AbbysAce said:

capgun said:

Never seen that before.

G-Mac said:

Who was at fault? i presume someone at RWWA
    It wasn't clear from what I could find. Being referred to as a "clerical error", and connections being allowed to keep the prizemoney from those 7 races, suggests someone from HRNZ or RWWA
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Chris Lewis still not back in the bike.

My understanding is he is getting vaccinated but may only be one jab down
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,890 posts
    This is a belated congratulations to Pete McMullen - the young Qld driver who recently won the Aust Drivers title - 315 winners i think it was - just over 6 winners a week . Never frightened to make a mid race move  is Pete - if the pace is dawdling - a pity a few others havent got that string to their bow 

And a special congratulations to Ben Yole - 1st Tasmanian ever to win Aust  National trainers title - over 200 winners for the season

He has got alot of horses - it would be interesting how many - Troy McDonald ( former young Victorian ) was his ace stable driver for 3 years - but he quit at Xmas time - no sour grapes - just wanted a spell from trotting - thus went back to Vic 

At the time - he said - look i need a complete break from being around 130 horses on a daily basis - wow - thats the number he said 
  • ArapahoArapaho    223 posts
    Marko, regarding Ben Yole there would be no Tasmanian harness racing if he took his bat and ball and went home..
    Judging by the numbers he has in a race he would have to win something,
    To give you a idea ,this is the amount of starters he had in each race last Friday night 4th Feb.
    Race 1.10 out of 13 , R2 6 out 9, R3 7 out 12, R4 7 out 12, R5 6 out of 12, R6 8 out 10, R7 10 out 12, R8 10 out of 12 (by the way didnt win).

A total of 64 runners out of 92.
    At least i dont  think there would be any team driving as he would have to hold a school class to organise it.
    See he bought up big at the Melbourne Yearling sales 
    So good luck to him.

Markovina, freodockers, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Arapaho said:

Marko, regarding Ben Yole there would be no Tasmanian harness racing if he took his bat and ball and went home..

Judging by the numbers he has in a race he would have to win something,
    To give you a idea ,this is the amount of starters he had in each race last Friday night 4th Feb.
    Race 1.10 out of 13 , R2 6 out 9, R3 7 out 12, R4 7 out 12, R5 6 out of 12, R6 8 out 10, R7 10 out 12, R8 10 out of 12 (by the way didnt win).

A total of 64 runners out of 92.
    At least i dont  think there would be any team driving as he would have to hold a school class to organise it.
    See he bought up big at the Melbourne Yearling sales 
    So good luck to him.
    Yeah good luck to Ben - and he does prop it up 

I do the form re Tassie and bet their ( last Sunday at Carrick i had $11 the place fixed odds @$12 Lockaway Kacie - however  it won like Cardigan Bay - paid $109 the tote and $126 fixed ) - but the thing with Ben - re those big numbers - and plenty of Eastern staters like E/M Stride and A Bain  give him plenty of horses - but in my opinion hes got  way too many horses and as a result some race sour - how many times you read - Tired - warning issued - or retrial 

If i had a mainland horse - sending it to Tassie - id send it to Rohan Hillier ( master horseman and brilliant patient driver - who also had sucess in Vic ) hes only probably got 10-12 in work - but as a result - they race very consistently - put in very few shockers 

Gilgamesh, Arapaho likes this post.

• ArapahoArapaho    223 posts

The master, might be back this Friday,see he's down to drive a few.

cisco likes this post.

• KTQKTQ    319 posts
    Arapaho said:

He said he's back driving on the 18th
  • Cant_RefuseCant_Refuse    198 posts
    edited February 2022
    KTQ said:

Arapaho said:

He said he's back driving on the 18th

would explain why he’s nominated on some this Friday

Arapaho likes this post.

Menangle R5 today Smooth Rye is going around at an EW price. Have loved her work in her two runs over there so far-today looks to be the day to load up.

JayJay, cisco likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Long twilight @GP with 12 races programmed. First 5 events qualifiers for the Sales finals...3 x  C & G & 2 X Fillies.
    Always interesting events that can throw up a rough result somewhere amongst them.
    Good luck to all connections.....it's a big effort to get them to the races in the 12 months from the yearling sales.

Long twilight @GP with 12 races programmed. First 5 events qualifiers for the Sales finals...3 x  C & G & 2 X Fillies.

Always interesting events that can throw up a rough result somewhere amongst them.
    Good luck to all connections.....it's a big effort to get them to the races in the 12 months from the yearling sales.

Really looking forward to kicking back and watching the meeting.

curmudgeon likes this post.

Gilgamesh said:

Menangle R5 today Smooth Rye is going around at an EW price. Have loved her work in her two runs over there so far-today looks to be the day to load up.

All i can say - is you have to be very game to bet at Menangle - wouldnt touch it with a barge pole - and i dont 

In that race J Trainor has a runner - him and Grimson - their horses improve out of sight 

And the odds on fave - its done the same thing - very ordinary horse  in Vic - on its Vic form it would be $20 today - but then wins 1st up in slick time at Menangle- and thus is $1.70 fave today  

Good luck with your bet - i hate even watching Menangle - and i never ever bet their 
  • KTQKTQ    319 posts
    Nothing good comes of racing babies this early in the season but with $100k on offer, we're all pushing them to make the heats. Would a March series really be such a bad thing?
    Yes good luck tonight to all the owners with the unraced 2 year olds at GP tonight 

Trying to find a winner - race 10 interests me - there is only 10 runners - that is a plus - with TAB.Com - there is 2 horses at $151 - another 2 horses at $51 and 1 horse at $31 - that leaves 5 other runners . The 2nd fave hasnt won a race for 4 years and is 1st up for 18mths 

There are alot of uncompetitive horses in that race - plus the $1.22 fave its form is very average and it is just a horse 

You could make a case for The Lightning Strike@ the $10  - because it is very honest 

But im having something small e/w on the no 8 Burning Rubber - its ready to win - excellent run last start 3 wide without cover . Its  $18 ( ive already had my win boost on a horse at Young tonight ) so you can probably get $20 or $22 

I just think it is worth a small e/w ticket - 

Gilgamesh said:

Looked ready to sprint over them in the straight but the leader just kept running
    I agree with you Marko Burning Rubber has been finding the line well in really fast times.
    I’m on Mister Arden as well from 3 back the fence this distance should be getting home.

curmudgeon likes this post.

R7 at Menangle, Ragazzo Mach's brother improves his LTR from 1.54.6 to 1.49.3 after just 4 starts with J.R. Grimson. Great training effort.
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Nice win for the Trots Promotional horse Valedictorian in the first. That's the way to do it...10 % of the horse & into a !00 K race within a month of being the lucky winning  team. Good work all involved.
    Gilgamesh said:

Gilgamesh said:

Looked ready to sprint over them in the straight but the leader just kept running
    Well - i did warn you - i did warn you 

The winner of that race yesterday - the trainer P Russo  has been immediately stood down by  NSW Stewards - not to do with that horse ( mind you it has improved significantly on its Vic form - but that might be all well and good )

It was another horse With Revenge - Levamisole was the thing 

Just my opinion - but  from a betting point of view - i wouldnt go anywhere near Metropolitan  NSW Harness racing at present 

savethegame, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• sonnysonny    1,056 posts
    Isnt  a worming product ??
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    I see a new starter for A Bain stable in Adelaide this weekend.
    I’m The Mightylucy, half sister to Double Up couple of other smarties in the family also.
    Should win by half the straight.