G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 17 Non Members

Comments worth a post but not a thread of their own

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    204 posts
    When the rwwa people came to kal for a meeting we were told that the survey sent out didn’t get the feedback required to keep it open,what wasn’t discussed was that out of the 5-600 surveys sent out only 90 or so were sent back which as we know you can make stats look how you want,John bowler the local mayor was in attendance along with 80-100 locals maybe more,all the local mining companies had verbally agreed to sponsorships and donations in the 100s of thousands of dollar ranges to keep it afloat,all of this was put to rwwa people in attendance along with council back up.the meeting went for two hours and then onece all the clubs financial ideas and strategies were put forward the words from one rwwa official were “its closed and that’s final” con condipedero had a few choice words and walked out.so no local interest is barking up the wrong tree.

Markovina, JayJay, VillageKid likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,745 posts
    Long way to go for a beer Curmudgeon. The Jenna tavern. The bloke who owns and runs the pub dad was a pretty good judge and trainer of gallopers in the eightess & ninetees

curmudgeon likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,900 posts

When the rwwa people came to kal for a meeting we were told that the survey sent out didn’t get the feedback required to keep it open,what wasn’t discussed was that out of the 5-600 surveys sent out only 90 or so were sent back which as we know you can make stats look how you want,John bowler the local mayor was in attendance along with 80-100 locals maybe more,all the local mining companies had verbally agreed to sponsorships and donations in the 100s of thousands of dollar ranges to keep it afloat,all of this was put to rwwa people in attendance along with council back up.the meeting went for two hours and then onece all the clubs financial ideas and strategies were put forward the words from one rwwa official were “its closed and that’s final” con condipedero had a few choice words and walked out.so no local interest is barking up the wrong tree.

Having read the facts that actually happened - then just another blooody pretty pathetic decision by RWWA 

freodockers, VillageKid likes this post.

• When the rwwa people came to kal for a meeting we were told that the survey sent out didn’t get the feedback required to keep it open,what wasn’t discussed was that out of the 5-600 surveys sent out only 90 or so were sent back which as we know you can make stats look how you want,John bowler the local mayor was in attendance along with 80-100 locals maybe more,all the local mining companies had verbally agreed to sponsorships and donations in the 100s of thousands of dollar ranges to keep it afloat,all of this was put to rwwa people in attendance along with council back up.the meeting went for two hours and then onece all the clubs financial ideas and strategies were put forward the words from one rwwa official were “its closed and that’s final” con condipedero had a few choice words and walked out.so no local interest is barking up the wrong tree.

Another long serving member of the GMTC and also a life member had a quiet word to the Executives that came up from RWWA before the meeting and he asked them and i quote "are we wasting our time here or have you made a decision" the response was and again I quote "we have already made our decision but we have to allow you to have your say"

• savethegamesavethegame    2,799 posts
    Golden Mile Trotting Club,alive & well. A.G.M.held on sun. 6th dec. 12 committee members elected, club had applied for two meetings to coincide with race- round.2020, were unsuccessful, they will apply for two meetings  again..2021. 

Typical Goldfields spirit  to the fore, portion of the back straight fence,was damaged in a storm  10th dec quotes were obtained for over 4k. but no company was able to complete work until towards end of january, So Committee and members repaired in a day and half. for the cost of concrete.

Thus keeping the track  open & available  to any  licensed personal.wishing to use it.
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,278 posts
    JayJay said:

I think Narembeen Bill ended up sharing his medal with Buzz Parkinson after they made a retrospective decision to get rid of the countback system and award two medals if there was a tie.

The great Bill Walker also went on to win the 1970 Sandover Medal as well retrospectively as he had tied with Pat Dalton from Perth., making it a quartet of Sandovers.

savethegame likes this post.

Hardly bet on WA Trots - however last night doing the form for Albion Park and Melton - fixed odds of course up on TAB.Com 

However TAB.Com like they allways do they had the markets for Northam up - and it is a pretty simple philosophy- if the shop is open- then you will buy/spend/bet ( Tab Touch should be privatised it is atrocious their service re fixed odds ) 

So i flicked through the Northam form - and the race which interested me was race 7 - favourites have got strong numerical form - but slow mile rates - very good 

Watched the last 2 replays of Fortunate Adda - last start you can ignore - got cluttered on the pegs and went untested - however its start before at GP ( in a think a better race ) hit the line really hard for 3rd . It was $16 - so i backed it e/w - 5 minutes ago i looked at the market - its out to $21 - so i put some more on it 

If it repeats its effort of 2 starts ago - then i think it has got as good a chance as any - in a very average race

freodockers likes this post.

• Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    843 posts
    Markovina said:

Hardly bet on WA Trots - however last night doing the form for Albion Park and Melton - fixed odds of course up on TAB.Com 

However TAB.Com like they allways do they had the markets for Northam up - and it is a pretty simple philosophy- if the shop is open- then you will buy/spend/bet ( Tab Touch should be privatised it is atrocious their service re fixed odds ) 

So i flicked through the Northam form - and the race which interested me was race 7 - favourites have got strong numerical form - but slow mile rates - very good 

Watched the last 2 replays of Fortunate Adda - last start you can ignore - got cluttered on the pegs and went untested - however its start before at GP ( in a think a better race ) hit the line really hard for 3rd . It was $16 - so i backed it e/w - 5 minutes ago i looked at the market - its out to $21 - so i put some more on it 

If it repeats its effort of 2 starts ago - then i think it has got as good a chance as any - in a very average race

Wouldn’t of known you didn’t bet on WA trots if you hadn’t of mentioned it here... For the hundredth time this year
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,735 posts
    Can J P Got Faith run a race sitting 1,1 on Doctor Tom?
  • sonnysonny    1,066 posts
    We will find out soon, Giga..
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    No he can’t and he can take my horse out with it.
    Rocket that’s the best laugh I’ve had all day.

Rocket_Reign, Gilgamesh likes this post.

I think Markos on the money though.
    No luck last start putting it nicely.
    Decent run will be there.

No he can’t and he can take my horse out with it.
    Rocket that’s the best laugh I’ve had all day.

What’s your horse? Didn’t realise you were back involved
    No no my horse was the horse I backed Macs Bro.
  • Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    204 posts
    Backed Toto picasso at 16s was gonna go strainght past them and locked wheels,what’s worse is you could see it happening 100m before

Rocket_Reign, savethegame likes this post.

No no my horse was the horse I backed Macs Bro.

Oh got ya, must be about time you returned to the ownership ranks???
    Get the old carts out.People stopped betting on trots because they didn't like stands, wonder what they say about Lockie Wheeler.thats race number 5 in last fortnight without checking ----race finishing positions. altered due to L.W.

Probaly got to get a list out with ones that have locked wheels, the most in last ten years,and wear a L BAND so other drivers are aware
    More to do with drivers STG watched and bet on Bunbury the other night and seriously it’s scary.
    Driving up behind other horses,, not giving way when being forced wider.
    Culmination of poor stewarding if you ask me.
    How many have actually driven in a race and understand what’s going on.
    Gilgamesh said:

Can J P Got Faith run a race sitting 1,1 on Doctor Tom?

Doctor Tom continued his good form

Get the old carts out.People stopped betting on trots because they didn't like stands, wonder what they say about Lockie Wheeler.thats race number 5 in last fortnight without checking ----race finishing positions. altered due to L.W.

Probaly got to get a list out with ones that have locked wheels, the most in last ten years,and wear a L BAND so other drivers are aware

Have a look at Brownie whims They Call Me Stooge. The old style cart sits a bit lower, looks narrower, just look old less likely to lock wheels. Will say though it also looks less stable.
    No comparison in weight aluminium old carts compared to the yank carts which are made of,steel with bullet tips, in most racing incidents the yank cart would shift the old carts & come out on top.
                                                                                                                                                              BUT

Harness is a non -contact sport.

But  differance  in design where the problem has always lied.Old carts shafts go directly over the wheel. where the yank carts wheels protrude.Imagine everyone driving down the freeway with there wheels sticking out.

Old carts did lock wheels also but nowhere near the numbers we are seeing now.  Harness has made giant leaps from  no discs-- 14 horse fields on 649m tracks.but alot more respect for each other and there horses.applied.

Of cause there are incidents that can't be avoided which result in L.W. Think kyle harper driving swiss mastreo & egerton green aussie scooter was totally unavoidable in jun;

But these other incidents were someone moves up the track for whatever reason,  trying to drop a wheel to impede or just plain carlessness we know horse's can be unprectiable plus hanging which can to lead into L.W. Then we have  other drivers, giving the short back and sides as they come up alongside one another. we are seening L.W.way too often.

The old carts were very forgiving in alot of these incidents they didn't allow alot of these incident's to materialize into L.W. other then just.unavoidable contact and go forward.

When i seen G.Lang & C.Alford start locking wheels,with the yank carts,something was wrong punters used to call the trots out when horses galloped at stands, but there's nothing worse when horse comes to win race in last 50m and driver laying back seemingly unware whats about to unfold and all i can see a few more unhappy punters.kicking the trots to the curb.

So theres no blame attached to anyone---so in the last fortnight we have had Lewis, Grantham 2  Egerton-green  .Roberts, Edwards ,Wheeler 2.  Rigoli. my apologies if i have left anyone out.

Have seen in stewards report days gone by was mentioned to a winning driver from now on we expect to see you drive a grip closer to your horse.  Now we have a driving instructor surely he should be all over this  and having a quite word after a incident has taken place to remind them its not acceptable.

Got to work out whats best for us in the wash-up regards the punters dollar.--------- yank carts aren't  helping the cause.

No comparison in weight aluminium old carts compared to the yank carts which are made of,steel with bullet tips, in most racing incidents the yank cart would shift the old carts & come out on top.

BUT

But  differance  in design where the problem has always lied.Old carts shafts go directly over the wheel. where the yank carts wheels protrude.Imagine everyone driving down the freeway with there wheels sticking out.

Old carts did lock wheels also but nowhere near the numbers we are seeing now.  Harness has made giant leaps from  no discs-- 14 horse fields on 649m tracks.but alot more respect for each other and there horses.applied.

Of cause there are incidents that can't be avoided which result in L.W. Think kyle harper driving swiss mastreo & egerton green aussie scooter was totally unavoidable in jun;

But these other incidents were someone moves up the track for whatever reason,  trying to drop a wheel to impede or just plain carlessness we know horse's can be unprectiable plus hanging which can to lead into L.W. Then we have  other drivers, giving the short back and sides as they come up alongside one another. we are seening L.W.way too often.

The old carts were very forgiving in alot of these incidents they didn't allow alot of these incident's to materialize into L.W. other then just.unavoidable contact and go forward.

When i seen G.Lang & C.Alford start locking wheels,with the yank carts,something was wrong punters used to call the trots out when horses galloped at stands, but there's nothing worse when horse comes to win race in last 50m and driver laying back seemingly unware whats about to unfold and all i can see a few more unhappy punters.kicking the trots to the curb.

So theres no blame attached to anyone---so in the last fortnight we have had Lewis, Grantham 2  Egerton-green  .Roberts, Edwards ,Wheeler 2.  Rigoli. my apologies if i have left anyone out.

Have seen in stewards report days gone by was mentioned to a winning driver from now on we expect to see you drive a grip closer to your horse.  Now we have a driving instructor surely he should be all over this  and having a quite word after a incident has taken place to remind them its not acceptable.

Got to work out whats best for us in the wash-up regards the punters dollar.--------- yank carts aren't  helping the cause.

On the flip side people could just steer their drives

BUT

On the flip side people could just steer their drives

That's the thing though, no one is held accountable. That last race, one of them hasn't given enough room to the other. Seeing as DEG is on the outside without seeing any head ons I attribute it to him, MG is entitled to run through one off off if he's going better, not like he has just come off in to the moving line. But nothing other than "Locked Wheels" so it's just deemed a racing incident and punters cop it??

If it is as simple as just steer your horse then someone has to be held accountable when they lock wheels, if no one is accountable for locking wheels then they have to change the carts, or as will sadly be the case just move on nothing to see here.

freodockers, savethegame, Betonme likes this post.

• Cant_RefuseCant_Refuse    198 posts
    Surely with the forecasted temperature and the time of the first race tomorrow they would have to push them back/call them off.

JayJay likes this post.

edited December 2020
    Tactical  move regards betting turnover ,could playout if we moved back 30mins.As  we are scheduled to have no opposition regards the last three races, from any harness clubs aus,or overseas.

Always handy to try have your venue as the last race to be bet on when closing time is approx. 11.pm. E.S.T. prime '''8.00pm'''. so the last two races that are programed  tonight  are Vaal 19.40.wst. 19.50wst. tokyo.

SKY controls the show but RWWA paid them 9.8mil. last year to have no audio,split screen any amount switches to the blue channel.surely we can barter for 30mins.

If G.P. doesn't show some sort of spike in t/over tab touch''' well''' Why isn't the first race the last tonight
     The game changes tonight '''''''''''' No doubt run the small fields last when we finish at 1.00am. EST.

Great Bunch of three years-old's  punching the  sun. 15.05 p.m.  

Last race christmas eve 2019 was vaal  57k. in first four pool---.Vaal racing tonight they will struggle with a six horse field  to reach that f/four pool tonight  at 19.40.

Think whats best for the industry we all know  is turnover based.

Rocket_Reign likes this post.

• MuldoonMuldoon    322 posts

Markovina said:

Wouldn’t of known you didn’t bet on WA trots if you hadn’t of mentioned it here... For the hundredth time this year
    Too funny RR :)

Rocket_Reign likes this post.

• MuldoonMuldoon    322 posts

Very true Ivory, I know people close to HR in Kalgoorlie from my time there (was involved myself as a paying owner :( ), and know they fought tooth & nail to keep the Golden Mile going, and anyone who says different really does not know what they are talking about.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,665 posts
    Minimum Wage wins the first at Penrith...last raced at Bunbury a month ago...had a NR of 40. Tough win too, came from last, breezed. got passed, kicked again and won. Had a HWOE of $34.6k from 10 wins from 121 starts and $76k in LTE.

It did - but the point you continually overlook - is that it beat an atrocious field - its not the handicapping - its the very poor opposition these ex WA horses are meeting over East  - that  today was a Sunday afternoon Williams type field 

One of the trainers in that Penrith race had 4 runners - im not bagging him - but im just stating the facts - hes like 2-3 WA trainers - they move to whatever circuit /season  is on - like Albany - and there horses never win 

JayJay, Muldoon dislikes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    edited December 2020
    Lady Lani won her 3rd Victorian race with one second from five starts at Geelong during the week since transferring from WA.
    The point is ...these horses are struggle to earn effectively here because the system is one directional and they never can retreat suitably in assessment even if they haven't won for 5 years.
    The nett effect is we have sound competitive horses making up fields over east and less than complete fields here on many occasions.
    The scrapheap effect here is counter to what the HWOE was touted as enabling 
    Leon Jurds Xmas started about June this year when he woke up to the possibilities after Phil Duggan took old Im Batman on a working holiday.

JayJay likes this post.