G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 26 Non Members

ASCOT 9th DECEMBER - Kingston Town Day

West Australian Racing
SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
edited December 2017 West Australian Racing
Towton Cup is the weakest field in my lifetime.

It's Somewhat looks a certainty for me in the Kingston Town Classic but I would not discount All Our Roads as the danger at very inviting each way odds.

Roughie for the day is Our Mate Al in the last. Was warmed up very late last start and each way all day for me at long odds.
+1 -1

RIO, oldhendo, udontknow, thefalcon likes this post.

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    12.30am just getting home from the disco? :))

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• SticksSticks    548 posts

Towton Cup is the weakest field in my lifetime.

It's Somewhat looks a certainty for me in the Kingston Town Classic but I would not discount All Our Roads as the danger at very inviting each way odds.

Roughie for the day is Our Mate Al in the last. Was warmed up very late last start and each way all day for me at long odds.

Couldn’t get black heart bart a danger? @-)
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    The Towton Cup is a victim of a decade of non support of staying races via the dumbing down of traditional routes for stayers to take to what is now a lacklustre Perth Cup. It will get worse long before it gets better for staying quality. Imagine what it would be like in WA without the support of RJ Peters in races past 1600M ?

It's Somewhat and Black Hart Bart look far above and beyond the rest of the field in the feature race.

Nothing on the program however will spark the interest of anyone with a pulse. I'm glad I have an excuse to be working night shift.

thefalcon likes this post.

• careycarey    6,368 posts

Nothing on the program however will spark the interest of anyone with a pulse. I'm glad I have an excuse to be working night shift.

maybe that's why the handicapper has gone to honkers(if falcon is correct)!!
  • BludnutBludnut    46 posts
    Really do not know why you keep an interest Damien. Would have to trawl along way back to find a positive post from you. You seem to be so cynical about the whole industry.

TorpedoPunt, captain_kirk, AceV likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    he is only up there for a "think tank" carey....make what you will of that.... :-B
    i'm just being mischievous mr falcon!
  • SticksSticks    548 posts

The Towton Cup is a victim of a decade of non support of staying races via the dumbing down of traditional routes for stayers to take to what is now a lacklustre Perth Cup. It will get worse long before it gets better for staying quality. Imagine what it would be like in WA without the support of RJ Peters in races past 1600M ?

It's Somewhat and Black Hart Bart look far above and beyond the rest of the field in the feature race.

Yay for positivity
    Bludnut said:

Really do not know why you keep an interest Damien. Would have to trawl along way back to find a positive post from you. You seem to be so cynical about the whole industry.

I actually have little interest other than horses I have purchased for Sam and those numbers are in decline as well. I don’t go to the city tracks other than the occasional trial. Night shift has the most impact on that anyway.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts

Night shift has the most impact on that anyway.

We all work Mate,

captain_kirk, hash likes this post.

i think you are being unfair on damien.
    when once upon a time people had huge interests and then they don't give a stuff; would you not wonder why?
    it does not just happen,usually there will be reasons for it.
    i couldn't give a stuff about racing either, but i am confident i contributed much much more to it's running through my betting taxes, than most people would have.

and now for a question.
    what are the positives for racing?
    how does it make the world a better place?
    isn't it about money and betting and nothing else?
    take the betting away and you would have your answer.

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    carey said:

i think you are being unfair on damien.
    when once upon a time people had huge interests and then they don't give a stuff; would you not wonder why?
    it does not just happen,usually there will be reasons for it.
    i couldn't give a stuff about racing either, but i am confident i contributed much much more to it's running through my betting taxes, than most people would have.

and now for a question.

It's entertainment. It provides recreation for the punter.
    for most punters it would probably be no different than pokies, which in turn would be the reason 1 in a zllion can make a go of it.

and also the only reason racing exists, because without those mugs( i apologise for calling you all mugs!!) it withers on the vine.

although if i was honest i have probably never cared much about racing, it was just something i did.

sonny likes this post.

• sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    Hi, Rodent, That's why most punters lose .It's hard work keeping track of form and using your judgement.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    use this thread for discussion

hash likes this post.

isn't that what's happening!

oh alright then, i reckon tom of melbourne will win it.

there you go... got a tip out of him!  =D>

hash likes this post.

ah, but like everybody else i am wrong more than i am right.

i also reckon pike has buckley's and none of winning it.
    and i usually really like 3yo's against the older ones, but it looks too much of a jump too soon to me
    so maybe that's the one to be on?

frenc11 likes this post.

• FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    edited December 2017
    carey said:

and now for a question.

Probably the same positives as every other recreational pastime. Provides entertainment for those who choose to be involved and provides a living for those who put on the show.

Makes the world a better place by fulfilling the human need for engagement in something other than the normal day to day grind that is life. Not everyone can lead a fulfilled life by hugging trees every weekend.

All pastimes cost money at least with racing and the punt there is a chance (however small) of getting some back. If it was just about the punt, racing would have disappeared long ago and we would be punting on automated races (ala Trackside) which are a hell of a lot cheaper to put on.

Despite the never ending doom and gloom, racing will provide entertainment for a fair while yet and those who enjoy it are generally the sort of people I enjoy being around.

KT tip - BHB

psycho, Ngawyni, Rodent, Flanders likes this post.

TheDiva said:

use this thread for discussion

^
    can't you read fm!! :)

RIO likes this post.

• FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    Threw in a KT tip.
    all i meant was, lets put KT Day discussion in one place.... there were a few threads opening up.

udontknow likes this post.

Carey used to back horse that were over the odds . He is not a tipster.. Dom used to be on 2ky giving his lays and overs and people complained as some times his unders ended up being overs .

Thunderstruck dislikes this post.

For those wanting something positive, even though my positive comments draw no discussion at all, I think It’s Somewhat has had an ideal preparation for this race. For reasons I mentioned before, BHB winning would be a nice tonic for connections but I think Godolphin might just win this one.
    sonny said:

Carey used to back horse that were over the odds . He is not a tipster.. Dom used to be on 2ky giving his lays and overs and people complained as some times his unders ended up being overs .

his godson has two runners in perth today, including one in the big race.
    In the Waller camp I presume.. 
  • LuckyLongshotsLuckyLongshots    4,270 posts
    Can someone with more handicapping knowledge than me explain the weights in R9 - re. Roganella (m72) vs Cruachan and Gomer Wipple (m72), yet a 2KG difference between them

@carey
    james cummings is dom's godson.
    i never realised that he is now the godolphin trainer, boy am i dumb!

Can someone with more handicapping knowledge than me explain the weights in R9 - re. Roganella (m72) vs Cruachan and Gomer Wipple (m72), yet a 2KG difference between them

@carey

it's because 3yo's get 2kg allowance this time of year when against the older horses.

LuckyLongshots likes this post.

• LuckyLongshotsLuckyLongshots    4,270 posts
    #-o

RIO likes this post.