G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 14 Non Members

The Voak Train

Harness & Greyhounds
By my reckoning Chris Voak has driven 5 straight winners at GP within the last 24 hours.
A sensational drive on ItsGettingCalder in the Trotters Cup was followed by Costa Del Magnifico saluting the judge in the last race, whilst tonight he has steered MisterSandman, Bolta & Cocos Finest to wins in the first 3 races there tonight.
I am not sure what the record is for most consecutive wins but a fair effort by the Voak Train as I think only Bolta was a favourite in betting.
+1 -1

Gilgamesh likes this post.

Comments

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Coulson drove 6 in a row once.....the last 5 on a Friday (26/12/78) and his first drive on the Monday(29/12/78) meeting....it was Christmas Carnival and they were okay horses..Pure Steel, Chryso Mou, Ozvarin etc. Gleaming was one on the first night and was his 6th in a row on the second night.Got picture on the wall, so inside knowledge haha)...only 8 races a night in those days.
    I think both Junior and Woodley have driven 6 at one meeting but not sure if they were in a row.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    They weren't race to race but I remember Darren Kerr drove something like 6 winners in a row from 6 drives when he was a concession driver, does that sound right?
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    this next race (Race 6) looks to be a bit of value. The 1 and 2 horse are likely to cause the fav to have to do a bi of work as they want the pegs. Thought that could set it up for 12 Bettor Twisted to rattle over them, if smashed the line last start. Don't wanna die will run well along the pegs too.

Gilgamesh dislikes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

They weren't race to race but I remember Darren Kerr drove something like 6 winners in a row from 6 drives when he was a concession driver, does that sound right?

Pretty sure you are on the money here.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Stand by! Bonsu is coming up! Step away and the head to the pegs A.C.L. must be behind leader or three back the pegs...then can run a place. Anywhere else in the run - not much hope.

Bless her!!
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Springsteen and Donovan get the quinella...just needed Where's Johnny for third to get the rockstar Trifecta.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited December 2017
    Ryan Warwick winner on Courage Tells @$126...unplaced tonight on Runaway Three at $1.30 and $1.00 a place. #punters pal.
    Clever drive by Lewis on Bonsu..could have found trouble a few times but avoided it...saw daylight and when the rest were stopping...she kept finding and actually 'flew' the last ten metres. Was a very good effort. $3.80 a drum.
  • Ryan Warwick winner on Courage Tells @$126...unplaced tonight on Runaway Three at $1.30 and $1.00 a place. #punters pal.

Shannon got a nice short one beaten too. Oh that's right you ignore that too.
    edited December 2017
    Think Ryan Warwick is a wonderful driver...just pointing out that's racing...you can get up on a $126 shot and lose on a $1.30 fave...that's the beauty of the game.

Gave him 'second best on ground' 4 votes for his drive on Courage Tells.
  • When I spoke to him post race I asked him if he was giving some of his driving % to the North American that come off at the bell.

Ridersonthestorm33, JayJay likes this post.