G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 36 Non Members

29 Of The Best.

Harness & Greyhounds
Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
edited December 2017 Harness & Greyhounds
Much can change from year to year and remarkably in the three years 2015 to 2017 only Lennytheshark competed in more than one final.

My ratings of the Grand Finalists. 1 - 29 in order. Combining everything ( heat runs , durability , etc. etc. etc.). Impossible to qualify but for the fun of it.......

Final Field.
1. Lazarus.
2. Lennytheshark.
3. Smolda.
4. Hectorjayjay.
5. Lovers Delight.
6. Beaudienne Boaz.
7. Chicago Bull.
8. Soho Tribeca.
9. Tiger Tara.
10. Flaming Flutter.

Consolation Final.
11. Runoneover.
12. Avonnova.
13. Vulcan Tin.
14. Galactic Star.
15. Franco Nelson.
16. Philadelphia Man.
17. The Bucket List.
18. My Hard Copy.
19. Philadelphia Man.
20. Our Blackbird.

Second Consolation.
21. Waylade.
22. Bettors Fire.
23. San Carlo.
24. Shandale.
25. John Of Arc.
26. Our Jericho.
27. Libertybelle Midfrew.
28. Have Faith In Me.
29. Devendra.

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited December 2017
    Mucked up Consolation Final. Was adjusting and made an error!

Bling It On at eleven and pushing the rest down one...had Philadelphia Man in twice...have him now at 19 a fraction below My Hard Copy and The Bucket List.
    edited December 2017
    Placed Flaming Flutter in top ten because think all three placegetters of the Grand Final deserve to be in the best field. Soho Tribeca only unplaced horse to be in my top ten.

Lovers Delight at five - had to come out of retirement twice after breaking down - amazing story...also ran into Lennytheshark when Lenny was almost unbeatable.

Have Avonnova high up at 12...massive effort in first final..three wide early...back to last...rattled home for fourth.
  • KTQKTQ    319 posts
    The problem of these rankings is comparing horses that never race, except in the inters. Vultan Tin hasn't raced half the field before, yet he came 4th in final. Are you comparing him against horses who have raced the best to allocate his position? For example..
    edited December 2017
    Thought the first three home in each grand final deserved to be in the top ten, was reluctant to put Flaming Flutter in the field but didn't feel right about him being the only placegetter to miss out.

Definetly had no qualms adding Soho Tribeca to the best Grand Final field.

The next nineteen is where it becomes tricky to put in some sort of order but thought the way Vulcan Tin was hitting the line and in another stride was third it made his 4th a good Interdominion final effort. So definetly deserves a spot in the first consolation final.

Runnoneover was the tricky one - outstanding in the heats - ran as one of the favourites in the final and despite running last he deserved his place in the first consolation final too.

Think the second consolation final cases could be made for Bettors Fire and Waylade to be in the first consolation. All subjective though.