G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 22 Non Members

The Early Crow, "Bunbury Cup Tips"

West Australian Racing

I'll get a discussion going on this years Bunbury Cup Its only 6 or 7 weeks away. Don't get scared, chuck up your selections everyone.

I really wish there was an early Market open on this Race. I would be backing this horse confidently to win it.

I have really rated this horse from when it came back after its first campaign( Ran a nice 4th to Bushfire Blonde ). It has gone from Strength to Strength each start And I Feel is now a genuine Bunbury Cup horse and if it goes on, can win next years Perth Cup. If it improves out of site might be able to race in in the lower tier staying races in Melbourne. The trainer is not afraid to take them East either, if they are good enough.

Jackpot Prince. 

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Can only think of two at the moment : not sure if either running or out for decent spells.

Last years Bunbury Cup winner Material Man and of course his kryptonite arch rival Pounamu.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    They would have to carry the grandstand Riders. I think Material Man is going East under a new trainer.
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    Trap For Fools or Danehills Daughter.

Not sure if they’re nominated?
    edited February 2018
    Now boys don't fall for that three card trick again...there will be two horses in the race that should be carrying around 67kgs, they will have around 60kgs, that's 7kgs in light...there should be another dozen or so horses carrying 48kg...( if it was in the 80s that's similar to how it would have been ) they will all be on the minimum of about 54kgs...there carrying 6kgs too much.

In summary Material Man and Pounamu in 7kgs light and many of the others carrying 6kg too much. That's about a 13kg swing than what it would have been in 1987.

Am taking a bit of poetic licence there, only a slight exaggeration though - and top weights, especially above average types that come along like Material Man and Pounamu, in the long distance 'minor' Cup races ( not so much the big Group Ones ) dominate the winners circle in years to come.

We shall see.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Danehills Daughter racing next week im told. You would think she and Jackpot Prince will be fighting it out. Will at the ready be heading there too? If so also a big chance. 

oldhendo likes this post.

• rustyhrustyh    2,266 posts
    :)]
    Boxed trifecta.......1- 3- 9 -11 allways.
    :-j :>

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited February 2018
    ^^ haha for sure rustyh...don't know why I'm talking about Material Man and Pounamu already, am normally still putting my bets on as there loading into the barrier.

Sometimes that change of mind can be a curse or a blessing. But what can mean most of all is am still bloody uncertain.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ I don't think either of the above will start...you are correct MM is off to Melbourne.
    edited February 2018
    Fair enough Falcon had to be at least some doubt on the pair of them.

Always a great race the Bunbury Cup they tried to lift its profile quite a few years ago, upped the stakemoney and have a feeling an eastern states runner or two may have ran in it, perhaps slipped back a little but so have most staying races Australia wide.

Material Man he was gutsy last year to win it. Will be keeping an eye on this Jackpot Prince can sense there's an air of confidence about him.
    a lot can happen in 6-7 weeks, riders..... :-B
  • jumjum    3,512 posts

Not on today run Riders, Gee that was disappointing. But that's racing.

when I saw $3 JP....I thought "Mmmmm" should be much shorter than that...

jum likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    What did you think the start before then?
    $2 out to 6 and still bolted in....
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Thought Jackpot was pretty good late going through the line.  Winner was well rated as evidenced by Woodsville sticking on so well. If he is going to the Cup, then presume that is when he'll be at his peak. Perhaps the opening price was too short.
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Should be a great Classic too
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    Chris said:

Should be a great Classic too

:))
  • LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    298 posts
    Seeing on Twitter that Jackpot Prince has done a tendon and is likely to never race again. Yet to be confirmed. Very sad if true...
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    I have cursed another one :((  b-(
    At least Jum you didn't get the opportunity to back in any early all in market...there's a silver lining.
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    That's a shame for connections, explains the average(I thought)effort in getting pumped by "cappa".