G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 23 Non Members

Ex WA Horses Finding There Way In SA. Big Odds.

Harness & Greyhounds
Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
edited February 2018 Harness & Greyhounds
South Australia is proving a good hunting ground for several WA horses who have found it tough going in Perth but relishing some easier races in Adelaide and winning at remarkable odds..recently Sonic Classic won at $35.90 and just the other night Braeview Bomber at $37.90.

Combine those dividends with huge price winners in former WA pacers, John Of Arc and Our Jericho in Victoria, it's been a bonanza for any punters following there progress. Even the very much battling Firebomb was recently placed at $47.30.

Can recall many years ago putting a few dollars aside for a horse from Perth that went to Adelaide, not sure if anyone remembers him, but his name was The Dalmation...for once was patient and had a reasonable collect at the time. If you keep an eye on some of the locals that move over east appearing in weakish fields and claimers...can pay to put a $ aside for them.

Comments

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,900 posts
    Well a horse earning anywhere - is better than one which isnt - and Chabros open class horse with the Hardings would have banked a bit of prizemoney ( probably alot more than if it had stayed in WA - but it is an open class pacer

I havent followed Globe Derby for about 4-5 years - but during the holiday break i was looking at a few of their races - on Mondays - quite a few of the races were down to 2- 2.5k - they use to be 3-3.5k

The prizemoney has been shocking for 20 years plus - i can remember Barry Ewen ( old time trainer over their  ) he said back in the 70s early 80s if you won a Sat night race at GD - then you could buy a brand new motor car - thats the analogy he used to describe how paltry the stakemoney is their now

Why is SA harness racing prizemoney so shocking - they must have done financialling modelling - why cant they pull it out of the pitts - even Tasmania has got reasonable prizemoney - miles better than SA
  • ciscocisco    805 posts
    Marko, I think with the sale of the tab in SA harness racing got shafted. All the racing in SA goes through Queensland radio therefore SA dont have their own radio station. Hard to believe but is true.
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,841 posts
    cisco said:

Marko, I think with the sale of the tab in SA harness racing got shafted. All the racing in SA goes through Queensland radio therefore SA dont have their own radio station. Hard to believe but is true.

Correct Cisco and a perfect example of why RWWA should retain the TAB in WA.

On WA runners in SA I believe Borntobeanartist will be suited in SA when he returns to racing.

cisco likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,799 posts
    26 odd years of poker machines where the government has recieved  6. billion dollars.

I.F  W.A. allow them in hotels  here the codes would be racing for ribbons..but the s.a.  government has been near on saved by them.. the have been trying to reduce the number of machines..but the hoteliers in s.a. believe the machines  they are saving them.now..

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,900 posts

26 odd years of poker machines where the government has recieved  6. billion dollars.

I.F  W.A. allow them in hotels  here the codes would be racing for ribbons..but the s.a.  government has been near on saved by them.. the have been trying to reduce the number of machines..but the hoteliers in s.a. believe the machines  they are saving them.now..

I subscribe to the Sydney Morning Herald - so i read it on the internet

Very interesting article on the weekend - re Tasmania - the control of poker machines - one filthy rich ( Sydney based believe it or not ) family have had a monopoly on them for years - were gifted them - successive govts  blew 100sof millions by doing that

Any how there is an upcoming election - the Labour party ( in opposition ) appointed a young woman in her early 30s( with a farming background ) as leader  - and she got up on her soap box - and said if she is elected - she will rip every poker machine out of Tasmania !!!

She also got a dirt file on that private family that own them - she said they have got a mansion in Sydney - horse breeding and all the trappings - and not one penny is being invested in Tasmania

Well she has got 90% of the public behind her on this topic - and she has firmed from an absolute bolter to an odds on quote to win the upcoming election

savethegame, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• KTQKTQ    319 posts
    I see ex WA trotter I'm Having A Ball (ex elsewhere before that) won at Globe Derby tonight
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,278 posts
    edited February 2018
    KTQ said:

I see ex WA trotter I'm Having A Ball (ex elsewhere before that) won at Globe Derby tonight

I think another Hudson Bay won there recently as well.

There are dozens of ex West Aussies pacers who had well and truly reached their mark here now racing in SA, 2 of them Our Jericho & Bettor Party even placed in the SA Pacing Cup.

There were plenty that came over here from SA back in the day and plenty of good ones too (*JJ could name them) but there is barely a trickle these days as the standard in SA is light years behind us.