G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 31 Non Members

Ascot - 7/2/2018

West Australian Racing
I'll Kick off a thread see if there is some interest in the 7 race card at headquarters on Wednesday.Upon first glance there are at least a couple of ok looking races/Fields, R5 looks interesting I like Atlanta Blue early doors who resumes along with Multiverse and another couple of handy ones lining up there.Race 1 the field looks ok also.

Mostly though i'm looking forward to seeing Dark Prospect's return to the races in the lucky last on the card...has had two ok trials and is again @1400 unfortunately has a sticky gate..tended to roll forward last prep so i guess CP will try and possie up outside the speed breezing(or maybe jags a spot one out one back but this never seems to happen)and looks a decent winning chance with the right run.

I like this galloper he seems quite a strong type, I think he could be winning Saturday races this prep.

Also noted that the Pontiff is back in the house with about 4 rides booked I think...

+1 -1

Gray likes this post.

Comments

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    Two words - Sugar Cain!!

Apart from race 5 the rest of the card is horrible... for once in months I might just have to enjoy my day off doing something other than punting :))

jum likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^^^ =))
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited February 2018
    Then..nek minute hash is like "oh i'll just have a small play at the early quad and and" ...

:))

Sugar Cain what price will it be Hash? Likely to be short as i reckon especially as its win was franked yesty with the 3rd placegetter winning.

of course how silly of me... i'll be playing the quaddie and that will be it unless I get a decent tip for something.

Sugar Cain anything better than even money and I'd strongly suggest you all to beg, borrow but do not steal as no one likes a thief

who named the bloody thing...sugar cain.....wibf...

by Americain hence the Cain reference, not the best named horse I admit

they could have had plenty of fun naming it using the dam's side (mustang sally)

sure could..Pickett, Route 66, Drive Sally Drive, etc
  • runyonrunyon    569 posts
    With Mustang Sally for a dam, if Sugar Cain ever has a foal I reckon Sweet Ride wouldn't be the worst name going around depending on the sire.

hash, jum, Rodent likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    runyon said:

With Mustang Sally for a dam, if Sugar Cain ever has a foal I reckon Sweet Ride wouldn't be the worst name going around depending on the sire.

Dick Turpin
    :D
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited February 2018
    thefalcon said:

sure could..Pickett, Route 66, Drive Sally Drive, etc

Good one Falcon. I'll join in.

American Pye, Yankee Doodle Randy, Cain is Able, Stars and Stipes, Starspangledbanher, Sally Fields, Sally Strutters, Cain Afford (Ford Mustang), Sure Cain........Second thoughts a Rolf Harris connection may not suit.
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited February 2018
    Sleazy Rider, On The Bonnet, Yank My Cheyne... Cheyne Rear Action

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Hoboken at a good each way price race 5
    ^^ wrong Parnham on it, bomber...

Chelsea likes this post.

• GrayGray    4,090 posts

Scott Embry’s Preview

Race 1

UNCLE CON hit the line well and looks a horse suited to get back and wind up. DICKOLETTO is a nice horse in the making, however, jumping in at the shorts on a green horse, with the rail out and drawn inside is fraught with danger. LAUFEY left a bit to be desired at trials. AL CAPITANO is building.

Numbers 4 – 1 – 2 – 7

Suggested Bet –UNCLE CON EACHWAY

Race 2

YOUNG THOR has run into some above average types in his short career. He can go close fresh. LUNA ROSSA gets back and runs on, very well suited with the rail at 14m. GOOD FORTUNE has gone well at both runs this preparation. LIGHTNING FASHION has no numerical form but usually goes well fresh.

Numbers: 4 – 1 – 10 – 3

Suggested Bet – YOUNG THOR WIN

Race 3

MISS RUMOUR MILL is the most genuine stayer in this field and fresh should give them something to chase down. SUGAR CAIN should park out the back, get to the outside and reel them in rounding for home. TOP RATED did it tough at his most recent. BOOMA LACKA next.

Numbers 4 – 6 – 7 – 1

Suggested Bet – MISS RUMOUR MILL EACHWAY

Race 4

SMALLAMOUNTOFMERIT is on her last chance after bombing the start both times this preparation. If she jumps can go close. FAIR FOOT broke her maiden when the rail was in this position and is a horse perfectly suited to Wednesday’s conditions. BLACK ATTACK is a filly with ability. TRIPLE EXPRESS sprint well fresh in a solid line-up.

Numbers: 8 – 3 – 10 – 11

Suggested Bet – SMALLAMOUNTOFMERIT EACHWAY

Race 5

MULTIVERSE was a booming first-up winner last campaign. Gets back and runs home in the best part of the track. ATLANTA BLUE is classes above rivals and extremely well weighted after the claim. SHOWCASE is a lovely filly but ends up in an awkward position. HOBOKEN improved out of sight second-up.

Numbers: 2 – 1 – 10 – 4

Suggested Bet – MULTIVERSE EACHWAY

Race 6

JERAFT belted moderate opposition, however, it was a strongly run race and that form usually holds up. This is no harder. YINDI is yet to break his maiden but continues to put the writing on the wall. This is definitely winnable for him. DOUBLE THE PRO sits on speed and should run well. THE BLACK WATCH could be an improver.

Numbers: 2 – 7 – 6 – 8

Suggested Bet – JERAFT WIN

Race 7

IN THIS LIFE is fresh without a trial at 1400m and gets her chance in a moderate affair. DARK PROSPECT is down in class and a promising midweek type. BEG TO DIFFER was hard to miss first-up, ran a belter. GRECO is unsuited on this track but going great guns.

Numbers: 9 – 6 – 4 – 10

Suggested Bet – IN THIS LIFE EACHWAY

Quaddie (Races 4 – 7)

Wow Dickoletto thinks it's a Clydesdale and still gets the job done.

Can't wait till it learns how to race

jum likes this post.

• troopertrooper    681 posts
    How can anyone ever back a horse with confidence knuckey is riding. 

RIO, H-BOMBER likes this post.

• tonytony    2,361 posts
    And then rides a $25 winner
    the speed in that 2200m race was deplorable..happens time and again. should employ a pace setter and make it even.
    Lack of pace yet the backmarker who was out the back smoking the pipe managed to mow down the $1.50 favourite in the straight
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Do yourself a favour and have a look at the ride of S.Parnham on Hoboken in race 5. Wow.

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Nice ride there by young Stone :D
    thefalcon said:

^^ wrong Parnham on it, bomber...

And proved correct. Never again S Parnhan

RIO, oldhendo likes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    I do hate to bag Jocks because we all have good and bad days but I think S. Parnham needs to seriously reassess his riding.
    Rodent said:

Do yourself a favour and have a look at the ride of S.Parnham on Hoboken in race 5. Wow.

Yep I'm getting filthier by the minute
    Would it have won though, the jock on the winner had plenty of horse left under if she needed it
    Probably not. But you just want every chance so you never know.

RIO likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    That fav in the last... wow... i hope it has shares in Parmalat
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Rodent said:

Its amazing how the dream runs appear for the well backed horses with the top jocks on board miraculously gaps open up in front of them and the longer odds horses with the average jocks find trouble.
    Wish Shady Gray on Saturday found the miraculous gap like was afforded to Showcase.
    tony said:

And then rides a $25 winner

Was it backed with CONFIDENCE. Plus was it a good ride or was the horse just still too good to win.