1 – MIDNIGHT MAN looks to be hardest to beat and his
conspicuous quote reflects that. He is expected to lead and win on the back of
a strong success a week ago at Bunbury. There doesn’t look to be too much value
here.

Race 2

1 – ROMAN REIGN has good gate speed and gets his chance to
lead and return to the winners circle here. Forgive his last start where he
breezed in slick time behind Cott Beach and his effort before that was
encouraging behind stablemate Magical Mitch when a clear second at Busselton.

Race 3

8 – TELLA could be the best each way value in a race where
tactics could tell all. Expecting 4 – HIDEOUT to have more speed than a drug kingpin
and find the front with 3 – RIVERDALE JOKER to keep him nice and honest in the
lead. That could leave 6 – BORN A TIGER to lead up the three-wide division and
8 – TELLA to catch his cover and finish faster than I do all over the top.

Race 4

Another tricky race but I was taken by the courage shown by
6 – ESTOCADA last start and I like the I’m Zuleika form line. Has opened
skinnier than I expected and we do have to rely on it stepping well but it
generally does. Happy to be with it.

Race 5

I think there’s a chance 6 – I’M ZULEIKA if TC elects to
light the wick at the start. If it were to cross and lead the whole perceived
dimensions of the race would change. If not I’m still happy to back it each-way.
Also willing to forgive 8 – ATHABASCAN for his last run because his run prior
was simply outstanding, but this is his last chance. Will probably win if he
produces his best.

Race 6

I’ve just noticed that Matthew Scott has only got two
runners for the meeting and they’re engaged in this race, so tread carefully
there. Leaning to 9 – BAUMGARTNER here though because of his tough effort in
the breeze after breaking last time. Chances are he’ll have to replicate that
effort but he is capable of doing it, plus he’ll be fitter here. Also give a
chance to 6 – SKEWSY NEWSY, I was impressed by her last start effort at GP when
she was inconvenienced throughout and came wide without cover. She’s over the
odds despite the draw.

Race 7

1 – ART TUTOR will be looking for an all the way win here.
Butterworth will be hell-bent on keeping Young in a pocket on the second
favourite and his form in metropolitan grade bodes well for this assignment.

+1 -1

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Comments

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Was another good days racing at Bridgetown today following on from Williams last Sunday.
    Really enjoying the Pacing from the bush on a Sunday arvo should be more of it.

JayJay likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Yes, VK, was a perfect afternoon at the track...sunny, not too hot, healthy crowd ...all up a terrific afternoon. Winners a bit hard to come by...some sort of run  Beware Of Darkness....absolutely zero form , run stone motherless at its last two starts and just 2 wins from 46 tries and yes it breezed and brained them...I was on The Royal Lady e/w based on Busso form...amazed (and grateful) it paid $2.10 as it was an awful lot shorter the place just 5 minutes before they stepped but no match for the winner, John Edgar got out of the ground to win race 3 after Riverdale Joker looked good off the back straight. Thought the DeCampo horse was serious unders in the Cup and ignored last start winner One For Sassy....advanced state of kicking myself post race.
    But, yep Sunday arvo pacing from Williams, Bridgetown, Collie very soon....great Autumn racing in pleasant grass roots surrounds for local punters.

curmudgeon, squid69 likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Glad you have declared it Autumn JJ....still worried a few Ol 45's are left in this summer but I will go with your comfort scale.
    Yes, well maybe a bit premature having just seen the forecast for next weekend. But....based on the irrefutable evidence provided by current levels of blasted March Fly activity.....the rotten mongrels ate me alive yesterday trying to mow the lawns.....Autumn is close lol.  Got a new filly coming over this week....boy, is she in for a shock once she encounters these merciless mongrel insects that have a fascination with biting the crap out of me.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    How did One For Sassy go around at those odds? Was massive late the other day.

JayJay likes this post.

Still wiping the mud off my face.
    Spoke with Trevor Warwick about horse flies in the US....same sort of deal I think. Every lap of our track the bloody things fly out at the same place and lob right on the horses bums. Slow moving buggers once they have latched on when you are stationary....slap...goodnight nurse.
    edited February 2018
    Gilgamesh said:

How did One For Sassy go around at those odds? Was massive late the other day.

Just goes to show COT announcements are superfluous to the industry Gilga. Dean Miller notified he would be going forward ( the horse has always had good gate speed) but after coming from last at Pinjarra serious punters must have thought he was dreaming or had already disregarded his chances in favour of other mindsets. I think the horse is better sit /sprint but around tracks like Bridetown Wagin Collie etc gate speed is gold and the horses that wilt a bit late can hang on. Having demonstrated some versatility as a racehorse it should be up to the punter to factor that in from now on and not be nursemaided by a trainer divulging his intention to their possible competitive detriment prior to any future race. COT was initially a knee jerk reaction to yelping usual suspect punters at GP and other major tracks talking through their kick ....because they are infallible in their judgement as we all know ( not to mention the paranoia). It is also an easy cheap cosmetic lead in for stewards instead of entertaining some serious race analysis on occasions. A race is just that...a race...tactics vary as part of that definition dependent on varying circumstances.....COT just aids in delivering processions and disadvantage to some competitors. It is a ridiculous blight on the industry that has a tacit underlying rationale that intimates everyone is a crook first and a legit competitor second. Bulldust.

Gilgamesh, Offthebit likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Change of Trainers  was  to the fore  today with I'm soxy and you better watch me. with both horses last three runs at Kalgoorlie in dec. I'm soxy  numerical form 866  you better watch me 567.
     With form  like that 5-10 years ago they would not have got a start at Pinjarra on a Monday let alone come up trumps, or is Kalgoorlie harder to win at then you think...

curmudgeon likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    edited February 2018
    Just got around to watching the replays and what was a bizarre day's racing:
    • Beware of Darkness, John Edgar, Alfa Queen and One For Sassy all career best
    • Steven Jelf driving two fancied runners that led and went terrible
    • Mill Pond reverting to her pre Williams form
    The form analysts would have been scratching their heads at some of the results.

Betonme likes this post.

Deanmill Footy Club boys headed to the track with a plan.....back number 2 and number 7.....questioned the respected form analyst from Manjimup who absolutely poo pooed their strategy. After race 3, they retired to the bar, all cashed up courtesy of Beware Of Darkness and John Edgar whilst the respected Manjimup form analyst searched for both a new shirt and a ride home.

Chariotsonfire likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts

Change of Trainers  was  to the fore  today with I'm soxy and you better watch me. with both horses last three runs at Kalgoorlie in dec. I'm soxy  numerical form 866  you better watch me 567.
     With form  like that 5-10 years ago they would not have got a start at Pinjarra on a Monday let alone come up trumps, or is Kalgoorlie harder to win at then you think...
    Where has I'm Soxy been hiding on that run coming from last at the 500m and circling the entire field.

You Better Watch Me also improving immeasurably on what it has ever done before.

JayJay likes this post.