G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 37 Non Members
Race 1- Mister Ardee          (IRockMyWorld)
Race 2- James Galleon      (Khun Ratha)
Race 3- Sheer RocknRoll   (El Machine)
Race 4- Zennart                  (Bettor Be Lively)
Race 5- Chicago Bull          (Bettors Fire)
Race 6- Slick Artist              (Detroit Lily)
Race 7- Gotta Go Gabbana (Bettor Be Chevron)
Race 8- Zach Maguire          (Cut For An Ace)
Race 9- Responder              (Kristian Robert)
Race 10- Sammy Charles     (Lightning Calder)
+1 -1

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Comments

• AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    Voak leaves the fence and costs himself any chance of victory but a certain place,
    But nothing new there, he has made the same mistake hundreds of times.

curmudgeon likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    The nicest way I can say it. New World Order is a very non genuine racehorse.
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    The good old  yank carts  and wasn't a crucial  stage of the race  two blokes that go around a bit  as well.....                            Chinese new year...

HARPER  SAID  TO WARWICK.......WI TU CLOS.....SUM TING WONG ...HO LEE  FUK...BANG DING OW.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Offthebit ?????? Your opinion please :O)
    Offthebit ?????? and again please....no plan B ?
  • ThumperThumper    820 posts
    Not sure I've ever seen a reinsman try as hard to make sure his horse absolutely no chance than Kyle Harper on Bettors Fire  
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Listened to Chicago Bulls race in the car - i must say Matt McDermott called that race nicely - very nicely - i would give him 10 out of 10 for that

Racing Radio - hardly ever listen to it - but  tonight is it Alex and Dan - they sound like Trots fanatics - which is great - " the old boy Shardins Rocket runs 4th " - and they were all over Secret Delight at Albany - $4.90 into $2.20 fixed odds 

Its great when presenters know their subject

curmudgeon, JayJay likes this post.

• TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    I think he is making a great case to be our premier trot caller.
  • Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts
    Thumper said:

Not sure I've ever seen a reinsman try as hard to make sure his horse absolutely no chance than Kyle Harper on Bettors Fire  

Not sure what you think he really did wrong?
  • ThumperThumper    820 posts

Horse pretty much has to lead to win. No serious attempt to lead then just restrains and restrains and restrains until the horse is near the rear. Forget about the locked wheels. It chances were gone before that. Runs a distant last

Just drove like he wasn't going to be the chopping block, trying to make chicargo bull  go to the breeze, for the first 3/4 of a lap.. after ohoka beat him to the lead& fence....then locked wheels race over. as they say victim of circumstances
  • Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts
    Exactly STG.. Came out quick realised front wasn’t an option so restrained to invite cover, can’t really pot Kyle for that
    To be fair he has had a few difficult runs over summer as well and it is likely his best is well and truly behind him
    The FFA ranks are very very thin now so perhaps he can pick up a couple more.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Matt calling very nicely but the old Another Ajay Always Arjay got him lol.
    Ive had a small e/w bet on Grashimo in the next ( just a run Tuesday night)

However this is a very quiet field  - Raffaelo the 2nd fave couldnt beat Skyline Trail a couple of starts back at Williams
    Think Josie will have to cut Trent Coopers pasta back a notch if he is going to continue do the pre race interviews....the big fella was sucking in the air mid sentence a few times. Should be improved by the run. #:-S

Offthebit likes this post.

• OnTheBridleOnTheBridle    36 posts
    I know this is completely opinion based, but I can’t agree with you guys that Matt should be the #1 caller. Listening tonight just wasn’t the same without Richie, he’s more enthusiastic and quirky while McDermott’s corny one-liners and monotony don’t cut it for me. To each their own, however, and these kind of things are always opinion. You can’t please everyone.

Chariotsonfire, savethegame, tony, Betonme likes this post.

There is no reason the calling at GP friday couldn't be shared on alternate weeks especially if Saturday Monday and Tuesday were included in the rotation
    Think  original  when john hunt pulled the pin. there was quite few that  put  in for  the job  Ritchie bell , dave Sheehan, ,wes Cameron,,and few othes....Ritchie earned the right to be w.a, premier  harness caller , these only handful of people capable of doing a job that's not that easy..

.Doesn't bother me who calls, watching I fixate on the horse ive punted on  the rest  unfolds where the fav.is,,, are the going to slow or hard verified by the callers giving you the splits in the run, which when you listen to the radio it lets you paint a picture plus radio listeners never throw your ticket away, until correct weight.....tab still pays out for incorrect pronunciation.....about 70% of us will  finish up with  craft memory....
  • sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    I'm a Matt fan  but am biased . His dad trained out of Owen Glendenings place and Fairfield.I knew him as a young lad going to the trots with his Dad..
  • loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    Markovina said:

Listened to Chicago Bulls race in the car - i must say Matt McDermott called that race nicely - very nicely - i would give him 10 out of 10 for that

Racing Radio - hardly ever listen to it - but  tonight is it Alex and Dan - they sound like Trots fanatics - which is great - " the old boy Shardins Rocket runs 4th " - and they were all over Secret Delight at Albany - $4.90 into $2.20 fixed odds 

Its great when presenters know their subject

Don't you live in the East
    sonny said:

I'm a Matt fan  but am biased . His dad trained out of Owen Glendenings place and Fairfield.I knew him as a young lad going to the trots with his Dad..

Sonny ;;just on owen glendenning not sure read somewhere he was rather big fella to be a successful reinsman or could it   have been perc hall?
    Owen Glendenning was the original private trainer for the Ingham Bros - the chicken kings

Their 1st love ( especially the one who is still alive ) was trotting

Then they had a split - and the one who is still alive - he kept all the pacers ( he  had no interest in the gallopers ) and the other brother went into the racehorses

I allways assumed  Matt McDermott was the son of NSW Greyhound caller John McDermott - who once famously called Gosford - a cold little wet place ( much to the irk of the locals ) - lol

savethegame likes this post.

• OffthebitOffthebit    597 posts
    edited February 2018

Offthebit ?????? and again please....no plan B ?

You don't need to bait me anymore curmudgeon.
    I don't need to say anything.
    Ryan's driving is doing all of the talking for itself.......

Let the Statistics do the talking so far as Ryan Warwick is concerned.

• 16th on the National Drivers list
    • 2nd on winning strike rate out of that top 20 at 27.31% behind Lauren Tritton at 33.02%. another "whipping boy" or in this case "girl"
    • 4th on the placegetters strike rate at 56.83%
     Just imagine where he could be if he could drive.

• Statistics say he can drive Chariots, it seems your hatred for the guy is one born of jealously.  He might not be your cup of tea but I would be more than happy to have him on one of mine any day of the week.
  • OffthebitOffthebit    597 posts
    I never said anything bad about him this time and certainly don't have "hatred" towards him.

I knew as soon as I posted that you two flies would fly straight into the spiders web.....lol
    Offthebit said:

I never said anything bad about him this time and certainly don't have "hatred" towards him.

I knew as soon as I posted that you two flies would fly straight into the spiders web.....lol

A bit like catching Flathead hey - you just chuck out any old bait - and they come and gulp the lot - hook and all

Where as perch and others - you need a little bit more sophistication to get them on the line - lol
    Offthebit said:

I have had little more than a nodding acquaintance with Ryan over the last 20 years so I have no reason to defend him personally but I do get annoyed when people make adverse judgments without the evidence to back them up.
  • Couldn't agree more Chariots.  Their adverse judgment is made on purely a personal level and not at all stats or facts base.
    Whilst I am quite good mates with him, I am not shy on giving him a cook when he deserves it. But statistically his record over the last 3 years is outstanding.