G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 31 Non Members

Comments

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Woodsville is tough and has won up to 2300m (Kal Cup). Eleven Seconds is more brilliant and hasn't won beyond 1800m. I'd be filthy if Lucy had let Eleven Seconds have a soft lead. I didn't bet in the race and only just saw the replay. The ride was absolutely fine and the splits back it up.
     I'd say that this is a serious case of being influenced by DMac's call. Here's a tip, DMac can't judge the pace when he is calling. The clock doesn't lie and they did NOT go hard in front.

TheSwooper, jum, AceV, TheDiva likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    Does it matter how slow they’re going up front though, if you have two horses cutting at each other stride for stride then surely that is going to soften them up and have them wanting at the business end? Or is my theory on this way off because they’re running slow times
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    You do hear jockeys get filthy on other riders when they get eyeballed during a race so it must affect the leader when someone else serves it up to them. The worst is when its a roughy. Being ridden by an average hoop.
    Since Lucy's horse had a chance to win on form, maybe she thought the only one to beat was Eleven Seconds and by challenging it, she could get the win.

hash, oldhendo likes this post.

• AceVAceV    181 posts
    Fancy trusting DMac's. Give the caper away

oldhendo likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    hash said:

Does it matter how slow they’re going up front though, if you have two horses cutting at each other stride for stride then surely that is going to soften them up and have them wanting at the business end? Or is my theory on this way off because they’re running slow times

how can they be cutting at each other if they are going slow... again, you're being influenced by DMac's choice of words. He got it completely wrong! 

oldhendo likes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    Agree. Nothing wrong with the ride and the times suggest they didn’t go hard out in front.

Let us all remind ourselves what two horses cutting each other up looks like:

http://www.rwwa.com.au/cris/raceresults.aspx?meeting=16953&race=8

paraletic, TheDiva likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    Jell said:

Agree. Nothing wrong with the ride and the times suggest they didn’t go hard out in front.

Let us all remind ourselves what two horses cutting each other up looks like:

http://www.rwwa.com.au/cris/raceresults.aspx?meeting=16953&race=8

~X(  X_X  b-(
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    D.Mac. does get a bit mixed up from time to time  heard him in the last three months twice mention  he was there when mount eden  won his first race kalg. in sept. 1969.surely d.mac wouldn't have been more then 6 years of age in 69... heard he was born in 63?

My take purely an artist at work the pontiff  when generally oxygen debts start to get repaid 500-600m after the start of most staying races, the master has forced lucys hand by making her   quicken and go that touch harder  to get outside the leader,the only other two options the master left her with was sit three deep the trip or drag back hopeing to get in  ..The sections  don't indicate a early burn.as the overall was 15.90/msec. the first 1419 was at 15.47m/sec last 600 at 17/msec. classic Harvey and to boot was rewarded with the win.

AceV likes this post.

you guys sound like you expect the poor race caller to have access to splits and know them while calling the race at the same time?  8-}

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    not really, but before you call for the riders to be brought before the stewards for poor riding, I expect maybe you should look at the times and tempo.... rather than just relying on what the caller has said during the race. 

Rodent, AceV likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Bunbury called Bunno. I always called it Bunny.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    that's cos your a Pom, slipper.....
    edited March 2018
    TheDiva said:

not really, but before you call for the riders to be brought before the stewards for poor riding, I expect maybe you should look at the times and tempo.... rather than just relying on what the caller has said during the race. 

Take a look at race 3 in the 2yo feature today, Baster tries to take on the fav (as it looked like Lucy was doing) setsuna the horse in question here drops out a stone motherless 30L yet the fav still manages to kick and hold off any challengers.. from the amateur eye this type of ride only suggests one thing

http://m.racingnsw.com.au/FreeFields/Results.aspx?Key=2018Mar17,NSW,Rosehill Gardens

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    hash said:

TheDiva said:

Take a look at race 3 in the 2yo feature today, Baster tries to take on the fav (as it looked like Lucy was doing) setsuna the horse in question here drops out a stone motherless 30L yet the fav still manages to kick and hold off any challengers.. from the amateur eye this type of ride only suggests one thing

http://m.racingnsw.com.au/FreeFields/Results.aspx?Key=2018Mar17,NSW,Rosehill Gardens

Eyes painted on......it just worked to get over from a wide gate and as soon as he did he took hold. Didn't take the fave on at all imho.

thefalcon likes this post.