G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 16 Non Members

Doncaster/Derby day Randwick 7/4/18.

East Coast Racing
4 group 1's, ripper fields and a good track expected.
I find the Championships moniker a bit wanky myself i've always called it Doncaster day.

So..who's punting on this quality racing?? and if you are fire in a tip or two aye!! :D

Future posts to come but initially ill kick off with what i consider my two best there.

R3) i was very impressed with She's So High last start at Flemington...Imo seemingly more impressive than Demerara was a week later on the same course and off a 4 week freshen up am assuming Price has her cherry ripe to run well.Need a good steer from Ollie as she is drawn just a little sticky but in the big field should get cover hopefully.Has good form finishing close up behind Shoals, Catchy and Booker so she has some quality about her no doubt.
Cummings may have been deflecting when he suggested Demerara was the one to watch of his runners on Saturday but she is a 5 time winner so i may have a quinella saver or just back SSH and save on Demerara.

R6) in the Sires i really like Oohood..blind freddy saw her cracking run in the slipper, up to 1400 suits and Purton steers again.With even luck i think she is a spesh.

Ok apologies on that 1st tip it turned out to be short story in length hope its relevant and close to accurate on the day!!

Happy punting.

Comments

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    Tosen Stardom is a big price if the real one turns up. A bit of an up and down prep so far.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited April 2018
    Who else to ride Tangle(s)d in the Derby, none other than Michael ( Max ) Walker.

Just a rough place chance but like that combination.

thefalcon likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    Luvaluva in the last at Rosehill
    Take the $11 for the Oaks now before she wins tomorrow and ends up near fav

Tom Melbourne at $16/4 is worth a little eachway just for a laugh, jokes aside Humidor although carrying the top weight is the on top pick for me.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Prized Icon in the Donny, ew but heavier on the place at 7.5 
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    @hash $11 is indeed juicy for her has the steadier of 60kg giving them all 7 but yeh prob still wins tomorrow.
    Also agree re Humidor blinkers on tomorrow he is the knockout 58 is quite ok if he puts on his best, superior animal to the stablemate for mine.Also Happy Clapper is right in it lately hasnt thrown in a bad run unlike the Weir pair can.

hash likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    edited April 2018
    Ace High in the Derby. Last start on unsuitable ground. 3 wide on the speed without cover.
    Redzel. Class above the rest. Got beat by a straight Flemington freak in Redkirk after looking the winner.
    Kementari weight certainty. Avdulla should have got time for sitting up last start.
    Seabrook great run in the slipper considering racing wide. Worth a few bucks in the sires.
    Happy punting all. !!!! <:-P
    Ace High is aiming to be the first horse since Mahogany to do the derby double.
    Yep Mahogany that superstar who in later years used to smash them down the straight 5 at Flemington.Man i loved "the hog" still hurts the day Occy and that vvanker Dye :P beat him a head in the Cox Plate.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    got my fingers crossed for seabrook..linda britton is in the syndicate.... :-bd
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited April 2018
    I tipped Kementari in the other thread and im sticking solid. You wont hear me complaining if Happy Clapper can lump 57kg to win though. D'argento the only other one i'd entertain.

Redzel is short in the T J and he was all but home in the Lightning before being swamped by Redkirk Warrior. That horse then won the Newmarket.

Agree with @Thunderstruck about Oohood in the Sires. Gets HK's premier jockey to ride, too.
    Two horses wouldn't leave out in the Derby are the Guineas 'protest' horses...the Kiwi Vin De Dance a good effort despite losing second placing to Furore who would have gone close to winning with a clear crack at them.

Think at least one of them will be there when the whips are cracking at the 200.
    edited April 2018
    Dont forget Mongolian Conqueror too @Riders..his was a nice run off a terrible gate in the guineas.There is nothing between him and Vin imo and the NZ derby was a tight finish, less than a head margin on the line..tomorrow he gets a good gate and Bosson goes on which is a BIG plus...$5 longer price than Vin that looks overs in a very open race.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited April 2018
    Absolutely Thunder he's another am going to put in doubles - it's an 18 horse field - gives a bit of value.

Ace High has to be a chance and been finishing off nicely, but has had 4 runs since the Victoria Derby win and been unplaced all four times. Could be a big game player though.

Two more roughies adding are Salsamor ( Zac Purton ) and Mission Hill ( Damien Lane ). Just know that sooner or later Zac Purton is going to get another Group One win in Australia and possibly at odds.

They've got that Belfast short at $11 only had the six runs - not for me but they definitely give it a hope. Has McEvoy and the lady trainer has won the Derby before, if 20/1 would have thrown in but $11 appears a little unders.
    Ace High doesnt seem to like soft tracks..should be dry tomorrow is a very good chance obviously.
    Yeh mate its a very open race indeed.
    edited April 2018
    First leg of the running double the two year old race, like Oohood and Seabrook they were both outstanding in the Slipper, just a bit worried Seabrook getting back and buried away from the one gate. Will need Oliver at his best.

They both get back but should eat up the 1400. Just taking those two and one other at around 10/1 that could improve #2. Long Leaf. Also a bottler of a run in the Slipper rattling home late.

The Australian Derby today was a race that during the 70s and 80s belonged to good old WA and Ascot...the halcyon days when we ran a WA Derby and two or three weeks later the Australian Derby over the Christmas period, chocker block full of eastern states horses and quality locals. Can recall a good local horse Joindre winning both.

Somewhere along the line the wheel turned and the Australian Derby was no more, only to be found again in recent times, turning up in NSW.
    edited April 2018
    Sportsbet betting today $2.25 that Craig Williams rides one winner or more...think he'll be doing very well if he grabs one, does have five or six rides with Demerara and Brave Smash looking his best two.

Just know that sooner or later Zac Purton is going to get another Group One win in Australia and possibly at odds.

Gee you're a hard task master. He rode one two weeks ago and went within a head of two. Meanwhile the 'other' HK jockey hasn't won here for over a year and 40 rides :-\"
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Doesn't have to he has won three Hong Kong premierships in the three years he's been there. Just tell us Tri how long your boy Zaxs been there and how many he has won
    HK is about the only place he can ride winners. More donuts in Dubai. I hope they were halal.
    edited April 2018
    There's are a horse in the Doncaster who's gone right off the boil and that's the Egg. Can Chris Waller pull one out of the bag with the mare Egg Tart carrying a lightweight 50.5 kg ?
    If the answer to my question embarrasses you don't go to your usual method of misdirection . Now let Riders Thunder and Detonater have there post back so they can continue to post there thoughts on today's Sydney meeting instead of your continual and blatant dribble about Moreira

oldhendo, jum likes this post.

And firmed slightly overnight Riders. Really think Kementari will be hard to beat
    edited April 2018
    The Doncaster is a beauty, trainers like Waller having runners at 25/1, 33/1 and 80/1. Darren Weir 10/1 and 25/1, Kris Lees a couple at 33/1, Hayes/Daberning 50/1, Waterhouse/Bott 20/1.
    Now you have pointed that out Riders I will be having a mystery trifecta option seven and then boxing those horses for $150 which gives you % . Because of the pool sizes if you can fluke it good result
    edited April 2018
    For sure Spinking with Kementari...looks the one to beat, was looking to take on but only for the fact he's favourite and at around $3.40 which in a tough race as a Doncaster is getting a bit skinny.

It's a terrific meeting and right up there with the Melbourne Spring Carnival.

spinking, oldhendo likes this post.

Houtzen might be a little bit the sleeper in race 3 two second up starts for two wins currently about $10.
    edited April 2018
    Hold your horses too Spinking...forgot that Chris Waller also has Tom Melbourne at around 16/1...blimey he has some horses that can run at odds...four runners between 16/1 and 80/1 on top of 7/1 chance Argento.
    edited April 2018
    The Chairmans Handicap race, a lead up into the Sydney Cup what an impossible race that is! Anyone of about 8 or 9 chances, think though they've all got a task to match Almandin in the Cup.
    Does Derby day starting the spring carnival have four group ones?