G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 18 Non Members

Royal Randwick 18/4/2018 Cup Day - Oaks - Queen Elizabeth - Coolmore.

East Coast Racing
Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
edited April 2018 East Coast Racing
Another humdinger of a day coming up Saturday at Randwick with four Group One races. The previous Saturday 10 races and winning favourites were nowhere to be seen. How many races will it take to a favourite salutes ? With some wide open races perhaps no outright favourite until the Q.E. where Winx is an early $1.20 fave.

The Sydney Cup a twenty horse field and 2016 Melbourne Cup winner Almandin a clear cut favourite. An interesting runner the Japanese horse Pre Stwick to be ridden by Joao Moreira at odds of approx $12 - $14.

Two at a bit of value in the Oaks might be Kiwi horses Countess Vanessa and Danzadance both around $17 to be ridden by Craig Williams and Michael Walker respectively. Last Saturday Williams had some good rides and failed to run a place on all of them - long odds of that happening two weeks in a row.
+1 -1

Thunderstruck, spinking likes this post.

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited April 2018
    Fair dinkum can't believe put 18/4...definetly Saturday 14/4/2018.
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Good work @riders..

First disappointment for me Luvaluva drawing 13 in the Oaks..not a tragedy but may end up back a bit further than i'd like.Dejavu moment with Shinn panicking off a similar draw at Flemington last November.Have to hope Mcevoy (who allegedly is in the top few hoops in Aus)rides her 11/10.
    I think Savvy Coup is a big danger, she is starting for the first time in 4 weeks with connections electing not to race Luvaluva last week, but these kiwi trainers are astute so this is not of much concern.Drawn well and won the NZ equivalent last start this girl is flying..her last 4 runs have all been rippers(even the two 3rd placings at 1600).

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited April 2018
    Bowman on the fav in the Oaks :>
    edited April 2018
    How good and consistent have the two Ron Quinton stablemates been in Daysee Doom and Dixie Blossom. This pair has won around $2million between them.

Now in saying that was thinking about risking both in the Coolmore. What a tough race to select the winner.

therealkramer likes this post.

Bowman on the fav in the Oaks :>

You declaring it? I'm a knock on it although not as much now given Luvaluva's sticky draw.

Hughie will be shitting himself worried about the ride 40 mins later in which Winx has drawn the outside marble but only a field of 10 starting.Also a hardish/fast track seems likely again.

Couple of racing journos have speculated this might be her last race...

Can Happy run 2nd TRK? i think he is inferior at 2000m in top company Gailo might be hard to get past and Humidor what will this enigma do?
    edited April 2018
    @Thunderstruck Tbh I haven't even looked at the form as yet but when it comes to Derbies & Oaks races, Hugh's rides are usually a good place to start. I think he has won 10+

Not sure about Happy Clapper. His form typically tapers off and the fact that a Doncaster winner is $15, when they usually push for favourtism in the QE, is a testament to Winx's dominance. There's no rain forecast at this stage so I'm not sure Hughie will have too much to worry about unless there is a mad on pace bias.
    edited April 2018
    Spending $36 for 10% of the Quaddie and leaving every favourite out! Winx excepted.

Race 6. #1.Aloisa,2.Hiyaam,4.Savvy Coup,5.Luvaluva,7.Contessa Vanessa,8.Danzdanzdance.

Race 7. #9.Winx.

Race 8. #2.Who Shot The Barman,4.Ventura Storm,6.Pre Stwick,8.Auvray,9.Lord Fandango,10,Aloft,13.Sir Charles Road,17.Patrick Erin,18.Peribsen,20.Ormito.

Race 9. #2.Foxplay,4.Prompt Respone,5.Silent Sedition,7.Spanish Reef,9.Oregons Day17.Alzee.

As soon as Unforgotten wins or Almandin, it's out in straight sets! Or Winx loses :-S

6 x 1 x 10 x 6 = $36 - 10%.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

edited April 2018
    Will cancel that ticket Thunder. The Quaddie is on races 7,8,9,10 :-/
    edited April 2018
    The tenth race the Group 2 Sapphire is another tough event.

It's still a good Quaddie but think the only way to get some value once Winx wins the first leg is either take Almandin one out or don't take him at all. It's becomes just a Daily Double if you can get Winx and Almandin home.

Don't know with Almandin..risk or no risk :-?
  • wedgewedge    266 posts

How good and consistent have the two Ron Quinton stablemates been in Daysee Doom and Dixie Blossom. This pair has won around $2million between them.

Now in saying that was thinking about risking both in the Coolmore. What a tough race to select the winner.

Daysee!!  
    @TRK I just meant the hard track may be a slight worry for Winx am jesting really im sure he will handle the pressure just fine.

And Bowman will probably ride the Oaks fav better than Mcevoy did in the Vinery..horse still has to prove herself at the trip though..

I love Daysee too!! @Wedge however the awful gate means she may have to be used up a bit to go forward and 1600 is as far as she wants it.Might get double figure odds though and she will be in it for a long way!!

wedge likes this post.

No worries @thunderstruck I thought you may have been referring to Cox plate day a couple years ago where he 'tested' the rain affected track on his earlier rides to find the best lane for Winx O:-)

edited April 2018
    Some early support with the bookies in the Cup for a couple of them backed in from a bit of price, one corp now has Lord Fandango right into $12 and noticed a bit of specking for one of those cunning Kiwis - Five To Midnight, has tightened in a few notches too. The Japanese horse also coming in a little.

Lord Fandango ran a great race in the Caulfield Cup, probably should have finished closer and has Craig Williams on board - he's due!
  • spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    2 weeks running and I will say the same thing . Don't let your dribble get in the way of unbiased contributors. Posting there thoughts on what will be a great days racing

Nevershowsurprise likes this post.

edited April 2018
    The more look at the Coolmore for the mares over the one mile, the better the race looks.

Two think are chances to figure in the top three are the underrated Payroll for Damian Oliver and a horse that was a great run in the Caulfield Cup finishing close up and that's Abbey Marie for Damian Lane.
    They could be 20/1 or better - what an amazing race when horses of that sort of calibre are those odds.
    @spinking Because you wouldn't ever dream of hijacking someone's thread now would you? The article is relevant because he's riding there this weekend. If you wanna cry about a bit of banter , that's your problem.
    edited April 2018
    Sportsbet coincidentally betting on the three hoops that generate a little bit of discussion on PTT.
    Craig Williams $3 to ride one winner or more. Joao Moreira $2.50 one winner or more and Hugh Bowman $11 to ride four winners or more.

$1.40 for either Williams or Moreira get one or more home.
    Hughie has 7 rides..is on 5 prepost favs, one e.w chance & 1 with no hope.Winx is 1 so i reckon he only rides 2 more max..Isaurian and either Just Dreaming or Viridine.
    Moreira wont ride any not sure about Williams.
    Mcevoy could ride at least a couple take out Winx and his book is almost on par with Hughie's imo.I like off the top of my head up to 3 of his rides..Fiesta r3, Luvaluva in the Oaks and Ravi in the last.
  • wedgewedge    266 posts

@TRK I just meant the hard track may be a slight worry for Winx am jesting really im sure he will handle the pressure just fine.

And Bowman will probably ride the Oaks fav better than Mcevoy did in the Vinery..horse still has to prove herself at the trip though..

I love Daysee too!! @Wedge however the awful gate means she may have to be used up a bit to go forward and 1600 is as far as she wants it.Might get double figure odds though and she will be in it for a long way!!

Yes @Thunderstruck i feel the mile will be the question however she has won a gr 3 and a gr 1 this prep from wide gates, she loves it from out there,  her last start 5th was thanks to the inside draw.  really looking forward to this race, the handicapper has had it right the last few races but weight for age in this bunch of mares makes it interesting! 

James Cummings didn't train a winner last week on Doncaster Day and had 2 or 3 favourites go down, like Craig Williams will be looking to bounce back. Has some big chances today.

A punter in NSW up for $1million in a tipping competition if Dixie Blossom can take out the Coolmore. Good luck to him.
    edited April 2018
    Actually punter from Shepparton in Victoria. Dixie Blossom wins and $1million.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts

Sportsbet coincidentally betting on the three hoops that generate a little bit of discussion on PTT.
    Craig Williams $3 to ride one winner or more. Joao Moreira $2.50 one winner or more and Hugh Bowman $11 to ride four winners or more.

$1.40 for either Williams or Moreira get one or more home.

lay the $1.40 if i was a bookie -  The magic man will go home winless and that only leaves Williams to win one and as much as a fan of his I am, he's nowhere near the same jockey he was 5 years ago
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    Caulfield R1 Virtual Insanity
    R3 Palazzo Vecchio (take the $11 for her for the Oaks now)
    R5 Han Xin (best bet)
    R7 Villa Sarchi (best roughie)

Sydney R5 Pariah 
    R6 gotta stick solid with my early tip in Luvaluva 
    R7 Humidor (best place bet) absolute lock for your multis 
    R8 Auvray 
    R9 no confidence but i'd love to see Spanish Reef measure up in this

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited April 2018
    For the Luvaluva supporters that is another Sportsbet megabet, Luvaluva to run top four - $2.25.

So just reversing the $1.40 bet that either Williams or Moreira ride at least one winner between them, that would equate to about $2.90 that neither will greet the judge in first place.
    Luvaluva just needs a good no make that a very good ride.. tough asf filly she will eat 2400, 7 day backup no issue(5 day one in Vic wasnt..the ride was).Giddyup girl!

Gots lots of tips...and umm 13 black bookers today holy hell.. :-B

Couple earlier at Randwick see how the track plays..
    R3 Fiesta
    R4 Plaisir at juicy ew odds huge run(so was the winner)at Hawkesbury was juicu odds that day too.
    @ hash i have one in r1 Caulfield maybe throw it into ur novs ill bet ur taking some :))
    Star Fall..Benny Thompson steers and is in good form atm.
    Isaurian should be Hughies first winner...almost a lock is the 2/3 quinella which should pay $5.
    2.5 is short enough the fav...
    Didnt get much peace the fav but Renewal stuck on better late..that fn Lane guy nabs the win (:|
    edited April 2018
    If commencing with $1 betting on the favourite over the two days and doubling up each time...well after twelve consecutive favourites have failed to deliver you'd now be up to $4095 going on Pure Elation in the next.

If he gets rolled $8,190 going on the next all from $1.