G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 12 Non Members

Comments

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    I thought i would go and have a look at the WAROA site to see if they had made any supporting comment of Dasher in among all this. As without Jocks you cant have races, much like without owners you cant have races. So both groups need to work together and respect each other.

The WAJA has made a few statements and publicly recognized how poorly this situation has been handled.......Whereas the voice of the industry, RWWA's go to organization for all things to do with racing, racing rule changes,and racing reform. WAROA.................has been deathly silent.....i cant see on their webpage, or Facebook page where one comment has been made about this. Not one public post about what benefit this legend has been to its members over his career...NOTHING..

RWWA has surrounded itself with newspapers, radio stations and associations that are totally dependent upon them for their survival.......and all who are too entrenched to tackle RWWA on anything................And if any participant dares say anything disparaging about RWWA, they are fined, threatened with suspension and being kicked out of a industry that is quite possibly their livelihood or major social activity.........

In 2018 RWWA is at least 40 years behind what social expectations are and will never catch up while they employ these stand over tactics to deal with public comment......I wish they would put all this controlling effort and expense into making this industry the best it can be.....which is a far better option to reduce the amount of adverse comments,than kicking people out of the industry.

I've been busy all week, but i think someone told me that Dasher is off to the docs again this week. Anyone seen or heard about that??

Nosey, therealkramer likes this post.

• HotJulesHotJules    226 posts
    what a load of horseshit. this is fawlty towers stuff and it befitting a legend of wa racing.
    Surely they could have put some more thought into this. rather they have created disenchantment and offended a pillar of the industry who now no longer wants a part of it. fair enough. this is a pickle they will find hard to get out of. A poor look and embarrassment for our industry.

jum, thefalcon likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,744 posts
    edited May 2018
    Hey Hotjules did Danny ever ride a horse for Paul Jordan? I don't recall one.

Danny Miller the Sexagenarian Silk Wearer ... The Pensioner Pilot.... The Sixties Vintage Steerer....The Senior Citizen Steerer.... The Getting On Guider....  The Retired Rider (by force)...Was supposed to be getting a second opinion medical. What was the result?
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,744 posts
    He supposedly didn't bother obtaining a second opinion.
  • AceVAceV    181 posts
    He should have been canned 15 years ago.

spinking, GLAMOUR dislikes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    AceV said:

Why is that mate?

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    TheDiva said:

AceV said:

Why is that mate?

I seem to recall some on here calling for him to retire a few yrs back when one of his lead at all costs rides went backwards in the straight and almost caused a fall....
  • AceVAceV    181 posts
    TheDiva said:

AceV said:

Why is that mate?

His one dimensional riding style has been ruining races for far too long. It might have flown in the 70's and 80's when you could do them up, he could let them fly and they'd run all day but those days are long gone.

Cannot believe the outcry and backlash to what is a non-issue. His use-by date is well and truly in the rear-view mirror (as many of ours are). WA racing has far bigger issues than whether or not he should still be allowed to ride.

carey, RIO, Desperado, SKIDS dislikes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,739 posts

So he has been riding against instructions for 15 years

• spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    And don't believe the outcry has been  against whether his use by date has come and gone, it is against the way it has been handled

oldhendo, carey, RIO, hash, Desperado, GLAMOUR likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    edited May 2018
    Carey is back on board. :-bd  

spinking likes this post.

• careycarey    6,368 posts
    spot on spinking.
    i don't think he was a good rider for the last so many years, but that is another issue completely.
    the same can apply to any numbers of riders, irrespective of age or experience.

he was deserving of some respect.

oldhendo, jum, hash, spinking likes this post.

AceV said:

TheDiva said:

AceV said:

Why is that mate?

His one dimensional riding style has been ruining races for far too long. It might have flown in the 70's and 80's when you could do them up, he could let them fly and they'd run all day but those days are long gone.

Cannot believe the outcry and backlash to what is a non-issue. His use-by date is well and truly in the rear-view mirror (as many of ours are). WA racing has far bigger issues than whether or not he should still be allowed to ride.

you didnt like him becuase he put genuine speed into races? 
    most of us liked him for exactly that reason... 

Desperado likes this post.

• AceVAceV    181 posts

There's genuine speed, then there's break neck suicidal speed that gives his horses no chance.

do you often back the horses he rides then? 
    AceV said:

There's genuine speed, then there's break neck suicidal speed that gives his horses no chance.

so how is that different to what happens every day?

do not 'name' riders give their mounts zilch chance often times because they drop back to last regardless of pace.

or do the same as miller does but knowing full well what they are doing?

or they go for runs that are never going to come, probably because they don't want them to come!

a smart punter would try to take advantage of what miller does(did), but how many times would it have come back and bitten you on the ****?

too fast is not such a big problem if there is no pressure on.

to single miller out is simplistic.
    oh come on....a r s e... is not too bad so that it's censored, is it??
    haha, its automatic carey.. ive never really understood how it works... i guess there's a list of words somewhere in the software that it automatically censors. 

just write ar$e and it should work... 
    :-c
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    What about ****

carey, spinking likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    Nope that doesn't work =))

TheDiva, carey, spinking, RIO likes this post.

jum said:

Nope that doesn't work =))

what the **** did you writte jum!

jum likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    8-X
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    edited May 2018
    Let me try something that would have probably be sensored back in the day.

I’m going to back Wakaha Kid in the next.

jum, RIO likes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    Nope not sensored, but it should be =))

jum, RIO likes this post.

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    I don't think public comment on Dan's riding style or ability in such a disparaging way, does him any good or his family who may read these comments from people hiding behind synonyms in online forums such as this. If you so strongly believe in making these comments, put your name to them so that those targeted can have some right of reply.

This day had to come, it does for all of us. What is regrettable about this situation is the way in which it got out of hand quickly and then just spiraled into a tail spin and came crashing to the ground.

Danny Millers contribution to the WA Racing Industry should be a mark of respect, it should be remembered, and it should serve as a lesson to those embarking on a career in Racing.

hash, thefalcon, jum, spinking, JayJay likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    6410 posts from you Damo and i've finally found one I agree with you 100% on  ^:)^

jum likes this post.

• psychopsycho    653 posts
    hash said:

6410 posts from you Damo and i've finally found one I agree with you 100% on  ^:)^

You took the words right out of my mouth meatloaf, oops I mean hash, and Damo you nailed it like a coffin. Dan is a legend of the game and deserves the utmost respect, like a hairdresser at the meeting betweenKim jong and Donald Trump 

jum, thefalcon likes this post.

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited May 2018
    @DamienWyer There's just as many supporters of Danny hiding behind pseudonyms but you don't have an issue with their anonymity and potential agendas? As long as it's not personal or defamatory, I don't see the problem. I couldn't care less either way but I also see both sides. If something did happen in a race that could be attributed to a health condition which PR/RWWA knew about then they'd be liable and culpable. Did Danny actually say he was retiring at season's end before it was forced upon him. Because he did give the impression he would never retire so of course he's gonna be salty. 

AceV, Kane_26 likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    TRK whether publicly known or not he was set to retire at the end of this season. Due to his age he was put through more testing than normal at the annual medical, and more regular testing during the season. 

The discussion may have slewed sideways a bit (first time ever on PTT!!!..haha) and there are a lot of people who would agree his time was close to up, if not up.  I personally am very disappointed with the way it was handled. I don't agree that his style has been ruining races for ages...as stated by someone here somewhere......he rides a certain way, when you book him you know that. So his style could not be ruining his races for everyone...otherwise he'd never get a ride!!

When the doc got the results he should have been told to ring RWWA. Not told by the doc that he would be suspended, and then to ring RWWA. If it had been done that little bit different, there would be about 4 pages less of waffle on PTT. So his riding style was his riding style. It is a totally separate issue to why his career came to an end IMO.

oldhendo likes this post.

and from a person who has used dash a bit over the years... many people booked him "when they wanted their horse ridden like that"... because... there are not many (if any) in WA that will actually lead and roll on a horse to test it out. 
    You'd be surprised how many times he was booked specifically so their horse would be ridden in that way. 

RIO likes this post.