G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 33 Non Members

Giddyup Ratings

Harness & Greyhounds

The observant among us will have noticed that I do not tip
on the forum unlike many that provide their thoughts on a consistent basis.

I obviously have masochistic tendencies and want to put a
target on my back so here goes.

After much negative comment on the early ratings I was
approached in January 2017 to do the Giddyup Ratings for all WA Harness
Meetings.

I have rated 2938 races in that time for the following
winning strike rates:

Top Rated Horse 41.3%

Top Two Rated Horses 60.2%

Top Three Rated Horses 73.6%

Top Four Rated Horses 80.1%

Giddyup Good Things 63.6%

Do I make some glaring errors, of course I do, where you
only have to go back to last Friday at GP to see that I rated horses above
Bettors Fire, Lady De La Renta and Lord Willoughby.

When I am way off the mark I take it personally and pledge
to do better but ratings are far from an exact science and my ratings are done
prior to the release of any betting markets and any other tipping services.

You can now pick they eyes out of my mistakes but when you
do you should also consider the above strike rates.  

+1 -1

Ridersonthestorm33, JayJay, jum, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Comments

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    I have to admit that after the early days, I put Giddy Up Ratings in the nonsense category. And I haven't revisited them since, i think with good reason...... some of the ratings and prices were ridiculous, in particular the suggested prices. (Don't know if the two were related or done by the same person but am assuming they were).
    Will revisit and re evaluate with an open mind, thanks for advising and good luck, you are on a hiding to nothing, so hats off to you for putting it out there.. I also don't tip on a regular basis but like to throw in some thoughts on value...Adda Shooting Star the other week, All Williams, Delishka a little while back and a few others that fortunately got up.
    Ratings are indeed not an exact Science, far from it .....only have to look at the last 4 races from Pinjarra today....and opinions will always vary...for instance, I couldn't have Midnight Man or Remarkable as the top rated chances in the last 2 races but good luck to you for having a crack.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Not sure what ratings you were looking at JayJay but All The Whispers and Runaway Three were my top raters in the last two.

Giddyup Ratings can only be accessed through a Tabtouch account on a mobile account.
    Okay, incorrectly assumed the ratings in the West Australian were Giddy Up ratings, my apologies. They used to be when they first started but as I said, I stopped taking much notice of them. Will be interesting to compare Giddy Up with whoever is doing the ones for the West.
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Does anyone know who or what provides the prices that accompany the fields on the Harness .org site? They are usually that far out the trains don't run. Often would qualify as disinformation....if they can't get near the ball park they would be better off leaving them out.

JayJay likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    55 my upset tip The Lightning Strike, come on! :P
    Suspicious life should be leading! Only 60 for Johnny Fox!

Just stirring, well done on getting the gig. Can you see the raitings/speed maps after the races?
    55 and 60 are ratings not prices both were actually longer in the prices required.

Ratings, prices and speed maps are still available after each race through your mobile tabtouch account at least on the day of the meeting.
    Ratings and speed maps post race are always much easier than pre race :-*
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    The COT removal will provide an x factor in maps and ratings....for the better.
  • Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts
    Ever thought about bookmaking?
    edited May 2018
    If I had been bookmaking at Kellerberrin on Sunday they would have carried me out in a stretcher

Had seven winners rated on top the previous meeting and only one on Sunday.

I am the first to admit that I really struggle doing the form for the lower class meetings at Kellerberrin and Wagin.  I understand that they are an essential part of the industry fabric but rating horses with a losing sequence of 41 on top is not my go (it ran 2nd). 

Chariots, what's your take on Northam race 6 tonight with #9 Robert The Bruce? Strolled in at GP  on Friday Night, decent draw barrier 2 on the back line, Rating is 38, price rating of $15. Rating 100 and $1.80 might just be closer to the mark or I know nothing.
    Not sure where the rating of 38 and price of $15 is coming from.

Giddyup rating is 100 and $2.60.

JayJay likes this post.

Now I see the 38 and $15  in the Tabtouch form in todays West.  I am still one of the dinosaurs that has it delivered. 10 houses in our cul de sac and I am the only subscriber.

I am not sure where those ratings come from as they have no relation to the prices that are on the fields on the hRA website and are definitely not Giddyup ratings.
    Robert The Bruce $4.50 to $4 with Bet365'
    Now out to $5 everywhere JayJay, time to jump on board.
    Its a good little race that one. Personally I though Deflector would hold the front, i'll be on As Happy As Larry based on that although not disastrous if he is another pair back, really liked how he stuck at it last week.

Does not look his race at all but Driven is going to get the right trip in one of these soon and cause a massive boilover.
  • ChandonChandon    24 posts

Does anyone know who or what provides the prices that accompany the fields on the Harness .org site? They are usually that far out the trains don't run. Often would qualify as disinformation....if they can't get near the ball park they would be better off leaving them out.

Pretty sure it’s the same bloke providing them all as the similarities are striking. Can’t imagine it’d be a paid gig though considering some of the substandard tripe mentioned above.
    The West was correct after all re Robert The Bruce.

JayJay not one of Shannon's best Neighlor.
    Chariots can you see the ratings on the desktop or only on the phone?

I'm running hot! (Well I finally got a winner after about 20 odd attempts, the tide has turned??)

I think they might run this next upside down and Aldo and Davinci can swoop
    Only on a mobile device Gilga.

I have no idea why they are not available on the desktop.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

No knock on Shannon Chariots....had to fire him  up off the arm to get across from 4 and from there, it was what happened behind him.....once Larry got up inside the leaders back horse turning for home, given the burn he had early and the fact he was a bit fierce down the back.....and Larry can kick very strongly, which he did. Main thing was both horses raced well, earned a quid and that for me is what its all about.

Gilgamesh, VillageKid likes this post.