G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 29 Non Members

Belmont this Saturday - free entry *

West Australian Racing

Comments

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    haha, maybe... but craft beer hipsters are the new big thing! 
    sliders and craft beer! 
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^^ at $9.50 each in a plastic cup, so I am told....nah!!
  • NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts

They have thrown open the gates this Saturday to the races at Belmont on the condition that you have a travel (bus or train) ticket to Optus Stadium for the footy.

You read that right, they still charge to get into the Saturday non feature race cards at Belmont.

Torrential rain expected to fall in the hours leading up to the day, so bring your rain gear.
    Nothing to do with the footy Damian, that's just incorrect.

The promotion is to highlight you can now travel to Belmont by train and get in for free if you do. Promoting the train to the track is all it is.

Whether we think its a bs promotion or not, its pretty straight forward.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

dont worry about the receptacle, its all about the beer! image
    jpg
    jpg
    red ale.jpg

Thunderstruck, jum likes this post.

• NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    TheDiva said:

if you get the ppl there, the food trucks will turn up to a captive audience. 

I wonder how much business the Fish Boss did at the good friday meeting? Year before last he was slammed with customers. 
    Not sure about the brewery guys... that was just an idea.. but I've seen them do a tap takeover at the beer garden at the balmoral, couple of kegs of their newest beers, selling pints on a Saturday afternoon and they seemed happy enough to be there. 
    I know a new brewery about to lauch that would certainly have a crack at that caper. 
    :-c
    It's a wonder you remember that tap takeover at the Balmoral Matty  :))

Chris likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    jum said:

Emu Export Pints <:-P and they will come from the clouds

so will the fists  8-}

Thunderstruck, jum, spinking likes this post.

^^ =))
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    jum said:

Emu Export Pints <:-P and they will come from the clouds

Or..serve draino would be same same! :)) #horsepiss. :))

RIO, spinking likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    Watch what your saying Thunder a few mates of mine who are confirmed lovers of the bush chook will hunt you down for slagging the syrup

jum likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    ^^^ Mothers milk they reckon hey Spink? Lol.Do these "Mates" include you? :P or are your tastes a little better?

spinking likes this post.

swan lager, swan lager you killed my old man
    swan lager, swan lager kill me if you can....

jum likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    they just need to knock that piece of $hit over and be done with it. Its getting beyond the joke now. they are literally killing the sport in the winter months.  
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    paraletic said:

they just need to knock that piece of $hit over and be done with it. Its getting beyond the joke now. they are literally killing the sport in the winter months.  

But the track is pristine
    :-j
  • spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    No Thunder I am a 150 lashes off the wood bloke or a corona stub man if it was up to my doctor (whos  stoic advise I should listen to a bit better) it would be peppermint tea lol

Thunderstruck, RIO, jum likes this post.

• ChelseaChelsea    1,369 posts
    Don't forget your raincoat tomorrow,as you will need it under cover as well.

TheDiva, thefalcon likes this post.

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Is the Bookmakers ring/Magic Millions selling area used at all anymore ?
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    Nothing wrong with a bush chook. Just needs to be ice cold :-c

TheDiva said:

if you get the ppl there, the food trucks will turn up to a captive audience. 

I wonder how much business the Fish Boss did at the good friday meeting? Year before last he was slammed with customers. 
    Not sure about the brewery guys... that was just an idea.. but I've seen them do a tap takeover at the beer garden at the balmoral, couple of kegs of their newest beers, selling pints on a Saturday afternoon and they seemed happy enough to be there. 
    I know a new brewery about to lauch that would certainly have a crack at that caper. 
    :-c
    It's a wonder you remember that tap takeover at the Balmoral Matty  :))
    I dont really... were you there?  :-?
  • FreoHitmanFreoHitman    426 posts
    Has PR leased the whole car park to Wilsons for weekend events ?? Would not surprise if every vehicle is clamped today
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Probably why they were trying to promote the train!!!

They usually keep the trainers, jockey's and members carpark down the other end for race day.