In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 29 Non Members

Winners for Belmont, Wednesday 13th June

West Australian Racing

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited June 2018
    Confidence is a big thing. He'll bounce back.
    @Tigers2014 a good saying is this one...

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one".

Always thought that a good quote especially for young sportspeople.

jum, Tigers2014 likes this post.

• Tigers2014Tigers2014    66 posts
    I know ! Talk about kick a kid when he’s down !! The same people that whinge are the same people that were praising him a few weeks back, tough game !!

savethegame likes this post.

Welcome to the racing game! Don't worry about the turnaround in opinion within a few weeks...it can change within 35 minutes. That's about the average time between races!

Have given a few hoops and reinspersons a bit to go on with in the past, but mostly done in good spirit and tongue in cheek. Within half an hour all forgotten and if backed the horse they next win on am cheering them home and all forgiven...at least for another 30 mins or so haha.

Tigers2014, hash, spinking likes this post.

• SourceSource    75 posts
    If you watched some of glen Smiths rides closely you would be surprised how bad a rider he is yet it seems to go unnoticed.
    I’m his worst critic but then I’m allowed to be :))

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Hes in the right stable and environment so hes going to be a success. Just a low patch

Id have him on no worries. He might even jump on during trackwork in the next year or so with the stable

Tigers2014, jum likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,739 posts

Don't want to sound harsh , but Jum old mate you said before his fall there was no better riding going around than WPike at the time . Did you forget about a bloke called C.Parnham when you wrote that

AceV likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts

Nope, He was riding them everywhere at every price. But I don't have stats as I'm not really a stats man.

Back then I don't remember Parnham having his own thread because of the form he was in. Young Kirby did. Think Hash may have started it.

• spinkingspinking    3,739 posts

here is some stats there last 250 rides C.PARNHAM metro winners=45 prov=46 country=0

B.Kirby metro winners=11 prov=64 country=4 just saying , don't get me wrong I like the kid but not the next best to WP

• RodentRodent    7,025 posts
    jum said:

Nope, He was riding them everywhere at every price. But I don't have stats as I'm not really a stats man.

Back then I don't remember Parnham having his own thread because of the form he was in. Young Kirby did. Think Hash may have started it.

Last 50 rides before C.Parnham left WA, 13 winners returning $75.15 at SP for $1 on each ride.
    Last 50 rides for B. Kirby before injury, 11 winners returning $53.75 at SP for $1 on each ride.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    edited June 2018

One had the pick of one of the states most successful stables (his fathers)

The other was indentured to Dion Luciani, who's horses now run at Leonora.

Anyway he is back in the winners list

=D>  hopefully he can ride a double because ive backed him in the last
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,743 posts
    You are all carrying on about Kirby and not one word about the heavily backed (34 to 9) and dramatic improvement by Beaucount

Gilgamesh likes this post.

Raise a smile for mums bday kid !!!
  • ChelseaChelsea    1,369 posts
    Talk about DISSPOINTING rides,have a look at Harvey's ride on Segrado in race 7 at Pinjarra today
    Not sure of the exact stats for May & June but the number of outsiders Steven Parnham has won or been placed on must be very high.

Definetly recording a big profit in the previous six weeks or so.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Very good run Raise A Smile extremely difficult from barrier one over the 1000 metres at Pinjarra, when was able to angle out to the better part of the track finished off strongly.

The winner Disruptive drew 18 and came into 14 after scratchings but still the widest barrier and just where you needed to be.

Tigers2014 likes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    hash said:

@Jell how/why are the odds any different to what you'd get online?

I am assuming your over in Wngland atm

@hash yeah I'm over in the UK at the moment.

They have a few places we don't, plus the big ones like William Hill and Ladbrokes.

I thought that there would be some sort of similarity with odds between the same corporates but there doesn't seem to be. There were some bigger odds on Wednesday but nothing I wanted to back. Hopefully can find something for Saturday.

hash likes this post.

• GLAMOURGLAMOUR    677 posts
    As been discussed before we definitely have a lack of top line apprentices around,not many you could put on with confidence,Tayla Stone the only one who comes to mind,then we have Jordon Turner returning,but as i read he only has 8 wins to go and he loses his claim,so back to square one,anyone with any thoughts on our apprentices.
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    edited June 2018
    GLAMOUR said:

not many you could put on with confidence,Tayla Stone the only one who comes to mind

I have to strongly disagree with this. I think she's riding in career best form.
    She may have some learning to do riding back in the field but she's a great front running rider

47 firsts
    35 seconds
    24 thirds
    287 total rides
    =37% top 3 strike rate so far this season, which I think is pretty good. She has a 48% strike rate if you take into account 4th placings.

If you just take into account her most recent 100 rides, she has a 56% top 3 strike rate with a 28% ROI.

EDIT
    I apologise @GLAMOUR [-O<

I read that as you COULDN'T have her with confidence. I change my statement to I strongly agree :D

Thunderstruck, carey likes this post.

• GLAMOURGLAMOUR    677 posts
    Sorry Jell i put it the wrong way,i meant She is the only apprentice i have confidence in at the moment.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    edited June 2018
    jum said:

It was falcon actually, “his young fella is riding extremely well....4/4 at Esperance so far today.
    who is he indentured to?”

although I commented right after with
    “He rode 4 or 5 on the same day the other week aswell, he certainly is the inform jock at the provincials”
    Note how I mentioned the provincials
  • GoddGodd    199 posts
    Chelsea said:

Talk about DISSPOINTING rides,have a look at Harvey's ride on Segrado in race 7 at Pinjarra today

Was horrible , sat up at the 200 aswell

• troopertrooper    681 posts
    Tigers2014 can i ask your opinion of the ride please 
    Horse drifted off boards. Horse jumped beautifully but dragged back. Jock never looked like wanting to get involved. Please advise where punters were given a chance.  Fmd 
    trooper said:

Fav drifts off the boards and then gets ridden like that. Disgusting watching 

How do we put up screen shots of kirbys ride. All this talk. I made a comment directly after the race. Im happy to screen shot  my opinion on that basis as it appears half of australia is disgusted. Lets not do the scared to take a gap excuse plz. 
  • RodentRodent    7,025 posts
    trooper said:

Tigers2014 can i ask your opinion of the ride please 
    Horse drifted off boards. Horse jumped beautifully but dragged back. Jock never looked like wanting to get involved. Please advise where punters were given a chance.  Fmd 
    In the straight he looked to me like a kid who was not too keen to take a split but it didn't look crook to me. It looked bad but to me it was a kid down on confidence combined with circumstances where horses kept drifting to where he was about to take a run.
     "Horse jumped beautifully but dragged back"....well that is 100% talking through your kick. The horse was not restrained but rather ridden out of the gates and didn't show enough pace. It got crossed and he settled one out and 2 back.
     As for drifting off the boards, it started at $2.20 fixed and $2.30 tote. If it drifted off the boards, perhaps that was because its form didn't warrant it being odds on? Especially when you consider it had only ever had the services of W.Pike.
  • FlandersFlanders    1,199 posts
    edited June 2018
    trooper said:

How do we put up screen shots of kirbys ride. All this talk. I made a comment directly after the race. Im happy to screen shot  my opinion on that basis as it appears half of australia is disgusted. Lets not do the scared to take a gap excuse plz. 

The only people screaming about the ride are the ones who backed it. You did your money cold yes. It wasn't a good ride that is clear to see.
    There were many other rides that day that were very similar too but nobody is on here or twitter still crying their eyes out because they weren't shirt priced favourites. It happens all the time- bad rides/unlucky as hell/horse breaks down etc etc.
    If you can't see the risk in betting, especially when it's a 3kg claiming apprentice, grab a Fkng brain and call the gambling helpline because you need help. Get over it and leave the kid alone.

Tigers2014 likes this post.

Thanks rodent do like a good response.
    Dragged back agree wrong choice of words allowed to settle well back after jumping so well.
    I dont know flucs but know it wasnt backed.
    And after having horses with adam in the past perhaps it just wasn't the day. 
    But theres alot better judges than me with those factors combined saying it all looked off. I also agree as i commented directly after the race on first instincts. 

Rodent likes this post.

Flanders said:

trooper said:

The only people screaming about the ride are the ones who backed it. You did your money cold yes. It wasn't a good ride that is clear to see.
    There were many other rides that day that were very similar too but nobody is on here or twitter still crying their eyes out because they weren't shirt priced favourites. It happens all the time- bad rides/unlucky as hell/horse breaks down etc etc.
    If you can't see the risk in betting, especially when it's a 3kg claiming apprentice, grab a Fkng brain and call the gambling helpline because you need help. Get over it and leave the kid alone.

I cant stand electra so theres no chance i backed it champ. Your comment is so bad i wont bother with the rest except by saying open your eyes. No wonder racing in WA is fucced