G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 28 Non Members

Belmont 18/7 last 3 races on the card

West Australian Racing
just watched race 5 from my phone and noticed a heap of mud being flicked up in the straight
currently rated a slow 5
@TheDiva or @Rodent or anyone else big on times and sectionals, are the times they're running lining up with the current rating of a soft 5 
or has no one just bothered to downgrade it and inform the punters!?

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    just popped out to pay my membership..got there just after the 6th. parked in peter gangemi's spot but don't tell him.
    1 bookie..Lindsay Severn, thought I was in an old mens home, never seen so many miserable looking old p*icks.
    I was pulling into my drive as race 7 jumped...

RIO, jum likes this post.

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Speaking of old.................... you WENT out there to pay your membership !

:))

Thunderstruck, paraletic, oldhendo, carey, RIO, jum, Chris, Nevershowsurprise likes this post.

thefalcon dislikes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    Surprised you had to park that far away on a Wednesday Falc
  • tofarkennardtofarkennard    177 posts
    I payed $17.50 for 2 beers & $9 for a a bun with 2slices of cheese n a meat pattie ....got me f#@!ed why nobody goes to races !!!

RIO, jum, oldhendo, Muldoon, Manchild likes this post.

only 50m from the office, spink.
    yep, went out to pay and pick up the handbook...I've been a member since I was 18 when they had junior members cannot bring myself to chuck it in even though I rarely use it.

jum likes this post.

"nobody" should be "anybody" tofark..maybe those beers are more potent than u think.
    you are correct, the prices are criminal.....any salad in the bun? you can bet the meat pattie would be black and gold brand.....
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    edited July 2018
    In their defence, the burgers are much better than most joints that charge close to double figures or more.. the days of cheap (big) feeds or snacks are long gone fellas, it’s all about fine (small) dining etc etc if you want a big cheap quality meal then move to QLD or Melbourne and get yourself a membership at a local RSL

And because no one has bothered to tip or make a productive comment on a horse from today I’d like to say that Cape Lady is officially sacked :-q

jum likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Nuance ....I am with you on the use of nobody instead of anybody in this context TFH  8-|
    ^^ yeah, maybe I was being an old curmudgeon.... :D ;)

curmudgeon likes this post.

• BobcatBobcat    159 posts
    Had a little bit on janabeal and stockyard gossip.

hash likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    Bobcat said:

you have William to thank for your collect on Stockyard Gossip  >:P

jum, Bobcat likes this post.

thefalcon said:

"nobody" should be "anybody" tofark..maybe those beers are more potent than u think.
    you are correct, the prices are criminal.....any salad in the bun? you can bet the meat pattie would be black and gold brand.....

my apologies Falc my English never been real proper :) salad is a extra $3 must admit pattie was of good quality
    As I've said years ago on this forum I think they should make the undercover bookmaker area into a pop-up shops similar to Harbour Town with a food court a nail saloon and maybe a day spa or similar for The Good Wife to come along where a family's can come and shop and eat reasonably cheap and get a taste for racing whilst are there. it seems that the big undercover area is well and truly wasted nowadays
  • spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    Out there the other day I noticed the Rod Kemp room in the corner . Does it ever get used
    They could have the "mypenis room" that only gets used for birthdays and special occasions :):):)

Manchild, RIO likes this post.

• FlandersFlanders    1,199 posts

As I've said years ago on this forum I think they should make the undercover bookmaker area into a pop-up shops similar to Harbour Town with a food court a nail saloon and maybe a day spa or similar for The Good Wife to come along where a family's can come and shop and eat reasonably cheap and get a taste for racing whilst are there. it seems that the big undercover area is well and truly wasted nowadays

I reckon you're onto something mate
    all you'd need would be clients.....
  • buffybuffy    273 posts
    To Tofark. Turn the undercover area into aHarbour town shopping precinct and food court. So where do the bookies and punters go ? Its betting and horse ownership that keeps this industry going. Not nail salons cheap food courts and day spas. And dont say theres nobody there because from the start of Ascot thru to Perth Cup they do get some people there.

hash likes this post.

• NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    Bookies and punters buffy, they can fit in a 100sqm area and that would be comfortable

RIO, tofarkennard likes this post.

• buffybuffy    273 posts
    Seriously?? So in the period i mentioned from opening of Ascot to the Cup. they put 8 bookies and the punters into an area 10 mtres by 10 mtres surrounded by shops and nail salons. I am sure that will get the punters in by the thousands. Fk. Ican hardly wait to get there. Hope they have got a band playing in there as well. That will really make it. As i said punters and horse owners make it work !
  • BobcatBobcat    159 posts
    hash said:

Bobcat said:

I stood William out in the last leg too but had a little on Stockyard G.
    hash said:

Bobcat said:

buffy said:

Seriously?? So in the period i mentioned from opening of Ascot to the Cup. they put 8 bookies and the punters into an area 10 mtres by 10 mtres surrounded by shops and nail salons. I am sure that will get the punters in by the thousands. Fk. Ican hardly wait to get there. Hope they have got a band playing in there as well. That will really make it. As i said punters and horse owners make it work !

we were discussing Belmont undercover bookmaker area not ascot in summer ????

RIO likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    :)]  punters and bookies... where do we find some of them? 

one bookie on Wednesday
    three bookies on Saturday
    couple of old blokes loitering around the ring. 

Having said that, i was at Caulfield on the weekend and a very repsectable crowd there on a freezing cold day. We're doing something very wrong in WA.

RIO, thefalcon likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Take the passion out of  it @TheDiva  and what was the difference??
    quite so, diva. I was at Caulfield on a wed. with bookielover, admittedly it was a nice day but was surprised by the crowd and the number of bookies.
    this wed. at Belmont was quite..how can I put it?...sad. one bookie and an assortment of miserable looking elderly patrons perched on stools like crows on a wire..not a smile between them.
    I could not wait to get out of the joint....
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    I went there to see our latest starter, Son of the Sun in Race 1. I also went inside to talk to stable staff post race and wasn't surprised by the numbers, but was by the dead area at the Western end of the grandstand on the ground floor looking like an abandoned shopping mall.
    jpg
    jpg
    R1 Son of the Sun 3 (1 of 1).jpg
    3M
  • saxonsaxoffsaxonsaxoff    179 posts
    RIO said:

Take the passion out of  it @TheDiva  and what was the difference??

Train drops you right out the front (only on a sat for belmont)
    Pub right at the door for a cheeky one before or after the races
    Below the grandstand looks out onto the track not into some concretre
    The public area upstairs in the grandstand has great viewing
    Beef and gravy rolls are on point
    Doesn't look like it is about to fall down

RIO, oldhendo, hash likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    The one football game /race day this year (St Kilda vs Eagles) was a big success even though it wasn't advertised properly. Good crowd on course.
    Next year all stops should be pulled out to ensure a lot more day nighters.
    Can Belmont be scheduled on a Thursday for any Thursday night AFL games ?
    Someone in power should at least have a crack to make it happen.

hash likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Quite simply, nobody wants to go to a delapadated peice of shit venue that is 20 years past its used by date. Redevelop the bloody thing!

RIO, oldhendo, thefalcon, hash, AceV likes this post.

^^ just talking about that yesterday...one smart guy..ie as in the real sense of "smart" said someone should get a forensic auditor to see where the millions went.....