G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 37 Non Members

Broome Ladies Day 14th August

West Australian Racing
A novel way to do your dough on a Tuesday! 

Comments

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    Is trainer Jake Casey the same bloke who rode Vega Magic in the Winterbottom Stakes? I'm assuming so judging by the silks of a lot of his runners. Any reason he gave up riding? 
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    he was pretty tall, so I'm guessing weight. 

therealkramer likes this post.

Chad Schofield looks like a virtual giant and he's riding at lighter weights than Zac in HK...just luck of the draw I guess. I think Chad started at 38kg with a lot of lead in the saddle though
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Yousha dua the value here at $7
    If they ever teach Chin Strap to settle or get a jockey who will listen they may win a few on end...late replacement rider obviously not ideal but a beaten fav two in a row now
  • BobcatBobcat    159 posts
    Picked 5. Each way all up on 3 of them and 3rd in sprint and anvil green in the last.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    talking of broome..go to webjet and have a look at the prices...would make a con-man blush. almost 2k return...plus accommodation.
    diva will tell you I used to go up twice a year...never, EVER paid more than 500 return...remember got 300 bucks once..during peak time.
    WTF????

hash likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    They had cheap flights a few months back, $199 one way. Getting there Saturday morning. Still overall not the cheapest 4 nights away for the family with accom, car hire etc but it is the highest season
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    thefalcon said:

talking of broome..go to webjet and have a look at the prices...would make a con-man blush. almost 2k return...plus accommodation.
    diva will tell you I used to go up twice a year...never, EVER paid more than 500 return...remember got 300 bucks once..during peak time.
    WTF????

Kal in October will be a similar story 150-200+ per night for accomodation that’s usually $100 or so... and flights from Perth should be no more than $250 one way (can guarantee that’ll double by next month or sooner)
    hash said:

thefalcon said:

WTF????

Kal in October will be a similar story 150-200+ per night for accomodation that’s usually $100 or so... and flights from Perth should be no more than $250 one way (can guarantee that’ll double by next month or sooner)
    Kalgoorlie has them(rooms)...but at a premium $-)