G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 25 Non Members
When you are relying on Kasey Kahne for a collect you know you are either doing it tough or nailing everything, definitely was the former last week.

R1: Tip: No1 Simba Bromac. Bet: FF:1/10/2,3,5/2,3,5,8,9. 100% costs $12. EQ:1
No rocket scientest coming up with these numbers. Leader, leaders back, one of the 2,3 will be 3 back and some other numbers. Prefer Arthur Lowe to Robert The Bruce. Danger to my FF is Lewis holding back which would let the other Turvey runners swoop on the placings out wide.
R2: No1 Raffaello. Bet: Small each way No1 Raffaello. EQ: 1,2,7,8,10.
I've liked how Raffaello was going prior to his last run, was nearly a great drive but couldn't quite squeeze in. I'm going to forgive it that run. It will either be leading or behind Whenmechief. Soft lead would be fantastic. A chance these 2 could over do it so that brings Livura into it first up and you can't knock The Freedom Fighters form but I do think this is a touch harder. Soho Wonder will get a run you can't ignore. Want to see Overboard Again finish a race off before I can have him.
R3: Tip: No7 Vampiro. Bet: Vampiro mid tote plc multi. FF:1,7/1,2,3,7/1,2,3,7,8/1,2,3,4,7,8. 100% costs $54. EQ: 1,7.
Johnny Disco gets an easy lead and can run a bloody quick mile but I thought Vampiro would get up outside him just as easily and might ultimately outstay him. I really like the 2 and 3 horses sitting just behind them. I actually think its going to be very hard for EL Jacko to even get into 3rd but small races with multiple from one stable are always hard to read.
R4: Tip: No12 Amelias Courage. Bet: Maybe something small EW Dontstopbelievin. EQ: 2,3,7,9,12. 100% costs $50.
Detroit Lilly is the class but she is a bit of an assassin and I don't think it's going to work out for her. Likely speed battle between Dontstopbelievin and Jingle Jolt. I thought Hawkins was likely to hold the top so I'll probably play her EW, either horse leading will run well. Tipping Amelias Courage as I think sat up is her go and the 2,3 may set it up for her but just expecting the 2 as a leader around GP with some ability to be decent value.
R5: Tip No1 My Hard Copy. Bet: No1 My Hard Copy fixed win multi. QD:1,2.
My Hard Copy looks the leader and the winner but he can get keen in his races so taking The Bucket List as precaution. That exacta likely to be massively over bet, probably similar in race 1.
R6: Tip: No1 Cracka Star. No Bet. QD:1,10,12.
Cracka Star looks to cop no pressure and can real off a very quick quarter under those conditions but it will want those conditions. I don't see Destined To Rule having any trouble holding leaders back this time so it will be very dangerous late and Sahleas Comand can win it if for some reason it us an upside down race.
R7: Tip: Better B Chevron. Bet: No6 Forever Remembered EW. QD: 2,3,6.
I thought Better B Chevron could cross Im Stylish making it hard to beat. I'm hoping they run a super fast lead time though for Forever Remembered who is not going to be too far from them in running. Little bit too fast early and she is in it up to her eyeballs.
R8: Tip No2 Aussie Jet. Bet: No2 Aussie Jet EW but i'd want closer to 10/1 than is currently available. QD: 2,4,5,8. 100% costs $72.
I thought I'd found one here but it looks like i'm not the only one. Aussie Jet has been racing well behind the placings prior to its last run were things didn't work out. It should cross the 1 easily and hopefully shoot for an all the way win. Tajies Girl has flown out her last two and went fantastic Monday, that run could win it here. Whoever leads has to hope not to cop too much pressure from Presidentmach which could happen but he may take up the running also. If they over do it Budd is the swooper.
R9: Tip: No1 Countess Grace. Bet: No1 Countess Grace mid tote win multi.
I was hoping for this one to be a better price but has come up short in the couple of early markets. It looks the leader, its run 2 back was massive (relative to these) and Tues just had a nice pipe opener for this. It looks the leader and the two dangers drawn out wide haven't shown anything that would say they are infinitely ahead of her so she should be winning.
R10: Tip: No1 Clarina.
Look he won his first start at his 20th go and is around a 2.02 horse who to this point has not wanted to go under 29 for a quarter but taking away time and just going by eye he really ran through the line well on Saturday has AC Lewis so that's enough for me. Likely to cop some pressure from the 2 who maybe crosses and the 4. On times you would have to go for No Wow Factor but the name might be apt, he has won 1 from 23 and it was there for the taking for him last start and he didn't. That said if the 2 comes out hard he may just lob straight into the one one again. Fight Song has got me a few times of late, gets a lovely run but he needs to win before he gets me again. Its actually a pretty competitive race if you can look past the ticks they have (or haven't) amassed in the win column.

Good luck all.
+1 -1

JayJay, jum, VillageKid likes this post.

Comments

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Race 1- Simba Bromac
    Race 2- The Freedom Fighter
    Race 3- Vampiro
    Race 4- Detroit Lily
    Race 5- My Hard Copy
    Race 6- Saleahs Command
    Race 7- Im Stylish
    Race 8- Budd Sidewinder
    Race 9- MajorPride
    Race 10- No Wow Factor
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Gets harder as the night goes on I feel. Will want to have some coins jingling in the pocket before race 8,9 and 10.. Some great analysis by Gil, hope he is right.
  • DuffmanDuffman    141 posts
    Race 1: Simba Bromac
    Race 2: Livura - Best Value: Change of Address
    Race 3: Johnny Disco - Best Value: Mister Versace
    Race 4: Detroit Lily/Jingle Jolt
    Race 5: My Hard Copy - Best Value: Devendra
    Race 6: I’m Soxy
    Race 7: Better B Chevron - Best Value: Lady Luca
    Race 8: President Mach
    Race 9: Majorpride
    Race 10: Devils Courage
    Just looking at the TabTouch fixed odds markets and Courage Tells is good value at 50$-1, Its been in solid form and I’ve never rated it is a front runner, will be looking good if the pace is on and finds good cover in transit
  • Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts
    Duffman said:

Just looking at the TabTouch fixed odds markets and Courage Tells is good value at 50$-1, Its been in solid form and I’ve never rated it is a front runner, will be looking good if the pace is on and finds good cover in transit

I’m not going to say your wrong but of his 15 WA wins 9 have been leading would think your in a minority not rating him as a front runner
    That is true! I’ll put it this way then, some of his best non winning runs have been flashing home late from a 3 back positions, most times he just hasn’t got there by small margins, im hoping tonight he will just get there!

Rocket_Reign likes this post.

Some meaningless stats for tonight that tell us what? Race 2, 12 runners who between them have earned $1,804,000 from a combined 1201 starts resulting in 179 wins. Race 3, 8 starters for $1,254,000 from 600 starts with 112 wins. Longevity, persistence, durability and great skill from the training fraternity.....how can a breed so wonderful score exactly zero column inches in today's local West Australian whose racing section (a very kind description indeed) is devoted entirely to local and Eastern States thoroughbred racing. Honestly, the lack of coverage is beyond a natural bias, it is an absolute insult.

Browny123, curmudgeon, VillageKid, jum likes this post.

• Browny123Browny123    97 posts
    Yet if there is a negative story to print,they will be all over it

JayJay, VillageKid likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
     Gino ....Gino .....where for art thou Gino ?

JayJay, VillageKid likes this post.

What would Matchy McGrath think about the lack of coverage? Then again, his great leader doesn't think anyone reads the West anymore.
    Back to positives, Johnny Disco went career best time time tonight in rattling around in 1.55.1. I know he had the pole and Vampiro and El Jacko (who can be a costly commodity) didn't but a while back, there was a considerable push against Johnny as a viable proposition but win 17 and north of $280k, I think he goes okay. And I think Simba has greater things destined ahead...he runs quarters in the middle of his races that quickly get the opposition dispirited. Test is still to come but a very nice going horse.

VillageKid likes this post.

edited August 2018
    Better start believing...decent push for a big improver, never looked like getting beat. Some pretty good fillies couldn't get into the race.Good spot from Gil.
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    edited August 2018
    It was grat to hear Gareth Hall on Tabradio during the week give The West a serve for their **** poor coverage of the Trots (nothing on Lazarus in USA, even or own top pacers Chicago Bull and the returning My Hard Copy) whilst having daily reports on average gallopers both here in WA & from East Coast.....and Digby Beachem's pathetic excuse of not having much time to file the stories because of the late night racing doesnt cut it as it never stopped the likes of Casellas, McGrath, White, Thornton, De Mori et al in the past for those of us who can actually remember anything past the last week or month!
    Beachem's response was reminiscent of the sort of garbage dished up by politicians, treating people as absolute idiots.
  • 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts
    Digby is a disgrace and nothing more than a little puppet. He is a mouth piece nothing else. A pathetic excuse for a journalist.
    I don't know if Beachem is a disgrace, a puppet or whether he can write or not, I have never laid eyes on him but his response was shallow and disingenuous. The West will argue, and it has firm ground to do so, that the sporting marketplace is far more crowded than ever before. In the past we didn't have national Basketball, Netball, Soccer and you name it franchises ranging form genuine to what I refer to as the "Underwater Knitting" brigade in national (or local) competitions, all competing for column inches and human interest stories. But Harness Racing has hundreds and thousands of licensed participants..owners, trainers, drivers, stable staff, breeders, vets, feed merchants, Club employees, volunteers and all the associated aspects on people involvement...I won't list them all....and to almost totally ignore the industry and it's followers and pretend that Gloucester Park doesn't exist is just a plain insult. For some reason, the Speedway Fraternity also suffered the same fate, long before the Claremont Speedway shut down...a huge industry of involved participants and followers were simply thrown on the scrap heap....unless someone was badly maimed or fatally injured in a race crash. And now it seems that unless someone gets bunged up on a positive or a driving or training suspension or some other negative aspect of the sport, not a word gets written.....and the lack of local journalists gets replaced with cut and paste articles from other sources that don't mean a fig to most local followers...with the exception of Winx, D.K.Weir or Chris Waller. It all sort of crystalised in my mind when Lazarus's feats were given the absolute cold shoulder after he won the Dan Patch. They say people don't buy Newspapers any more...and maybe for good reason. Their priorities in my view have gone pear shaped. I have not the slightest interest in whether Trump farted in public or in reading some deranged shock journalist spurting forth his vitriol about the state of the nation or some alleged reality TV star on a remote island treading on a double gee whilst filming  Bachelor For The Stars Naked or whatever other trash that passes for Television shows these days....the local rag down here runs around taking pictures of locals....kids, residents, sporting competitions,local people doing local things,  a lot of it not earth shattering news...but it sells and everyone reads it because people like reading about local people doing things. Rant over.

curmudgeon, VillageKid likes this post.

Just saw the replay of the Overboard again race
    Would have loved to see how courage tells finished if it got a clear run in the straight