G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 37 Non Members
On the news tonight they are saying that if the West Coast finish second, they are likely to play on the Thursday night in the first week of the finals. Most likely against the pies.
Is it possible to switch Belmont and Northam that week so we have Belmont as a pre cursor to the first final.
I would definitely go to the track before hand and bring a few clients for the day/night out.
+1 -1

tofarkennard likes this post.

Comments

• BobcatBobcat    160 posts
    Not a bad idea
  • bradybrady    1,452 posts
    Great idea
    Will be extremely surprised if it happens !

hash, RIO likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    brady said:

Great idea

For my uninitiated knowledge is there a logistical reason why it could not be done ??
    Or is it a case of the powers that be cannot be bothered to explore the option ??
  • UttsyUttsy    129 posts
    detonator said:

brady said:

Great idea

For my uninitiated knowledge is there a logistical reason why it could not be done ??
    Or is it a case of the powers that be cannot be bothered to explore the option ??
    I would say that the betting turnover the receive for being on the same time as over east along with any timing similarities of Hong Kong/SE Asia will far outweigh any decisions based on getting a few more punters on course.

RIO likes this post.

Uttsy said:

detonator said:

brady said:

Great idea

I would say that the betting turnover the receive for being on the same time as over east along with any timing similarities of Hong Kong/SE Asia will far outweigh any decisions based on getting a few more punters on course.

Makes sense.
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    West Coast could be the problem

RightOakAunt likes this post.

• RightOakAuntRightOakAunt    44 posts

West Coast could be the problem

brissy will roll them this week
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    spot on, aunty..... :-bd

RightOakAunt likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    you two ^^^ 8-}
    edited August 2018
    Will there be free entry at Belmont in two weeks for those going to the Collingwood final on Saturday Sept 8th ??

psycho likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    If they really want to make themselves popular...call the races off and just offer free parking..hahaha

oldhendo likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    what time will that game be? 
    interested to hear from anyone who went saturday as to how it was getting in and out. 
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Yes, thinking it will be impossible to get to (/ from) the track by car if on at same time ?
    Only good for the races overall (assuming some degree of overlap)............but I'll be certainly steering clear.
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    Game scheduled for 6.10pm start
    Be smart to start races early then and be done by 5:00 or so I'd think.
    Bookend in to it.
    Current schedule (according to Sky) is last race 5.05
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ idiots!! it worked last sat. (25th/8) with 1st at 11.58am and last at 4.25pm.
    arriving and leaving a piece of p*ss...
    What time was the game ?
  • spinkingspinking    3,739 posts

Falc your talking about the Fremantle **** fish taking on Collingwood in the last game of the season. Reckon there might be a few more there to watch the Eagles take on Collewobbles in a final

The Freo CW game was a 2.30 start