G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 18 Non Members

The Early Crow 2018

East Coast Racing
jumjum    3,512 posts

Righto  fellow PTTers, its that wonderful time of year again. SPRING CARNIVAL TIME <:-P :x :-bd $-)

What is everyone horses to follow during the Spring. And bold predictions.

I have backed JAAMEH $50X$50 @ $151 in the Melbourne cup, Into $34 now so here's hoping.

Kings Will Dream I think has the Caulfield Cup at his mercy.

Looking forward to see if Performer is as good a 3 yr old as I think he will be.

I think Material Man will stand up to group racing in Melbourne as well. But my highlight will be Watching WINXY win her 4th COX PLATE.

Comments

• spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Will agree with you on the last one Jum . She brings it all the mighty mare, I know we should not compare or say who is the greatest but surely she is nearly if not at the top of the Aussie leaderboard now. One of the greats of not only Australian racing but world racing, gives me tingles every time she straightens up and goes for home. Don't know how long they will continue to race her and hope it goes beyond the CP this year, but if not imagine the crowd at the valley if before the CP connections said win lose or draw this is her swansong. I would be buying a ticket

jum, oldhendo likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    I would love them to win a 4th cox plate then run her in the Cup then retire her. :x
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    @spinking I'm pretty sure it's already a sell out. Unless you know someone :)]

The next question that springs to mind then Kramer is, how big are those fences around the valley

That to Jum would be good to see , and her being her would be right in it I reckon . Just couldn't see the connections who have looked after her wonderfully throughout her career would ask that of her

jum likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    edited August 2018
    3 great mares in quick succession. we are pretty spoiled. Would love to see a "bloke"  be just as dominant soon. Stallions are just to quick too go off to stud and the last good gelding we had was Takeover Target maybe? He was not overly dominant but he was fantastic for a totally different reason imo. 

jum likes this post.

spinking said:

The next question that springs to mind then Kramer is, how big are those fences around the valley

I stand corrected. Some of the dining packages and marquees are sold out. GA tickets still available on the website @ $55 a pop

paraletic said:

3 great mares in quick succession. we are pretty spoiled. Would love to see a "bloke"  be just as dominant soon. Stallions are just to quick too go off to stud and the last good gelding we had was Takeover Target maybe? He was not overly dominant but he was fantastic for a totally different reason imo. 

Northerly was pretty good. But before TT obviously
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited August 2018
    Well..it looks likely Levendi wont be racing this spring so thats one of my favs out.Struggling to find a staying standout still dunno whether Luvaluva just had a bad day in the Oaks?? As Sargent rated her better than Gust of Wind.On form from the Oaks Unforgotten must be a player i suppose.

Agree with Kings Will Dream sadly already no value but looks real hard to beat.
    Shoals will be back in September and is Everest bound, reportedly has improved again will need to against the big boys granted but she is a strong, tough and bloody good mare.

A speculator for both cups and currently $101 for the Melbourne Cup is Plein Ciel, was a nice winner at a mile 2nd up last Saturday..his sire Mamool ran well as a overseas visitor in one of his 2 cup attempts and this lightly raced 6 year old might benefit from doing plenty of racing here and build up to staying trips..does need a decent win over a trip to qualify but i think he is pretty good.

jum likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I'll be on and following Vassilator starting Saturday in the McNeil ($19) going forward. Caulfield Guineas the aim and is currently $41/$11

Good trial hitout recently and looks fully wound for the weekend

jum likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    Unforgotten, last year's Oaks winner, she races tomorrow in the Chelmsford
    Feature Nominations  
    Cox Plate 2018
    Caulfield Cup 2018
    Melbourne Cup 2018

jum, Thunderstruck likes this post.

Be careful with Unforgotten, apparently not going Caulfield Cup now of the price is indicative. Out to $34 now?
    edited August 2018
    I cant/wont be backing her in the other two features then no way, just bet up in her next few lead up races and she where her GF may be
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    hash said:

Unforgotten, last year's Oaks winner, she races tomorrow in the Chelmsford

Feature Nominations  
    Cox Plate 2018
    Caulfield Cup 2018
    Melbourne Cup 2018

Cheers Hashy,        She brained them when the gap came.
    $-)

I watched her on course when she smashed them in the Oaks, She is an awesome mare.

Thunderstruck, hash likes this post.

VERY impressive!

hash likes this post.

:x

jum likes this post.

H-BOMBER said:

Be careful with Unforgotten, apparently not going Caulfield Cup now of the price is indicative. Out to $34 now?

The mail might be way off here, apologies
    Humi-Cat.... :-q :O)

jum likes this post.

Huge run again Kings Will Dream.

jum, hash, squid69 likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts

Huge run again Kings Will Dream.

Cant seeing it get beat in the CC with normal racing luck

Thunderstruck likes this post.

I can... it's racing pattern is always going to be it's worst enemy

Humi-Cat.... :-q :O)

the quaddie booster  :)>-

Thunderstruck dislikes this post.

hash said:

Have u watched its races over a trip @hash? 1400 is unsuitable yet its nearly beating group 1 class horses..WILL race far more forward over a trip ;)
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    hash said:

They have ridden him back this campaign, but he was a lot closer in his first runs here. I think they will go forward in the cup. Well I'm hoping, I have know idea what D K Weir is thinking.
    :))
    edited September 2018
    Sixties Groove is another one to follow, lightly raced ex UK stayer now under Weir's care..not sure of their plans this spring with him having last raced 6 weeks ago, is nommed for the Cox Plate and the more plausible path of the Melbourne Cup according to Racenet.
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Humidor will beat Winx in the Cox this year.

edited September 2018

I reckon Waller will have her peaking this year. Reckon she was at her best in the Turnbull where she towelled Humidor up-granted they put the shades back on him for the CP, but they ain’t worth 7-8 lengths

Not impossible but if that imposter does salute they should egg the tnuc over the fence :))
    Humi-cat 28-8-7-2 vs Genuine Superstar 36-30-2-1 i'll fuckin eat it if it beats Winx :D
    Thrillster a nice price at $26 for the 1000 guineas. Genuine topliner and is second up Saturday

Thunderstruck, jum likes this post.

Speaking of topliners Shoals resumes in the McEwen Saturday at the saucer track and is taking on the "boom" horse Nature Strip.Unfortunately the field has dropped off at acceptances which will make it hard for the super mare in a smallish field, lookout if Houtzen and co take the Weir horse on though because Shoals should be zooming late.