G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 16 Non Members

The Early Crow 2018

East Coast Racing

Comments

• SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    I've backed Youngstar ($19) in the Caulfield Cup.
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,805 posts

My v.r.c. derby pick botti  starts his campaign  today in the Wanganui guineas,this 3/4 brother to  v.r.c. derby winner lion tamer ...His in the first crop of the il lfated jakkalberry.. 

Jakklberry passed away eary this year a horse that performed in five different countries, a champion in Italy great.britian since sectionals were introduced in the melb.cup  his last 600 of 33.53. is still the fastest.         In  the repeat derby winners hands of murray baker.
    missed out on start at Flemington today his first run in aus. looks like next Monday at geelong his low prizemoney and rating  attained in n.z  not helping with prep. towards the derby.
    Good gutsy win strong on the line;;;step in the right direction..;

jum likes this post.

• TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    I thought about you when I saw Botti go around today. Hopefully it can continue to improve. Looked like it appreciated every inch of ground.

savethegame likes this post.

• jumjum    3,516 posts
    $15 for the Derby, Good win, but that is pretty skinny.

• TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    You would have rocks in your head taking $15. Way too short.

savethegame, jum likes this post.

Dead right  there a disgrace the futures markets..he was 26s prior today even that was a disgrace he had to win today to even allow them to program a proper path..his breeding and the way he travelled with the blinkers first time  plus.jumping from 1350 to 1750 gee if he stays in one piece the
    2500m will be a walk  in the park.

jum likes this post.

• SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    SKIDS said:

I've backed Youngstar ($19) in the Caulfield Cup.

She looks pretty good ;)
  • squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    She looks very, very good.
  • jumjum    3,516 posts
    Jaameh  ~X(  ~X(  ~X(  A head and he qualifies for the cup with 50kgs. would have been in it up to his eyeballs. $150 into $26 .
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,692 posts
    edited October 2018
    Cliffs Of Moher is nommed for the Caulfield Stakes this Saturday, if he runs i am unsure whether he would back up 7 days later for the CC..we shall see but he is my equal top pick for the MC going forward..i think he could give them all some serious grief in the big dance.

I'll be having something on at the $21/$6 later in the week pending the connections accepting for Caulfield Sat.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited October 2018
    Tabtouch has The Taj Mahal very short at $15 for the CC, not for me and Grunt at a skinny $19 don't think he has a hope in hades. 50/1 Grunt for me, and 33/1 The Taj Mahal.

So they might be worth taking in a quinella /:)
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,253 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

I'll be on and following Vassilator starting Saturday in the McNeil ($19) going forward. Caulfield Guineas the aim and is currently $41/$11

Good trial hitout recently and looks fully wound for the weekend

Well he's there, jumps from 13 and is $71.

Will finish closer to last than first I'm expecting off that last run, hopefully can settle better. I have tickets at 50s all in so will sit back and watch
    H-BOMBER said:

Thrillster a nice price at $26 for the 1000 guineas. Genuine topliner and is second up Saturday

Now this one I'm excited about. Have tickets alive at $21. She's drawn barrier 8, is now 6.50 and for mine was the run of the race in the prelude from barrier 19.

Have been on her from day Dot and owes me nothing, but Saturday would be a big pay day

jum likes this post.

• jumjum    3,516 posts
    jum said:

Righto  fellow PTTers, its that wonderful time of year again. SPRING CARNIVAL TIME <:-P :x :-bd $-)

What is everyone horses to follow during the Spring. And bold predictions.

I have backed JAAMEH $50X$50 @ $151 in the Melbourne cup, Into $34 now so here's hoping.

Kings Will Dream I think has the Caulfield Cup at his mercy.

Looking forward to see if Performer is as good a 3 yr old as I think he will be.

I think Material Man will stand up to group racing in Melbourne as well. But my highlight will be Watching WINXY win her 4th COX PLATE.

b-( b-(    When I started this thread. I had 2 thoughts on our 3 yr olds. I threw out Performer which has "Done Fuckk All" 
    The other was The Autumn Sun.  Geeeee I Fuckeddd up on that call.
    This horse is a superstar.

H-BOMBER said:

H-BOMBER said:

I'll be on and following Vassilator starting Saturday in the McNeil ($19) going forward. Caulfield Guineas the aim and is currently $41/$11

Good trial hitout recently and looks fully wound for the weekend

Well he's there, jumps from 13 and is $71.

Will finish closer to last than first I'm expecting off that last run, hopefully can settle better. I have tickets at 50s all in so will sit back and watch

Second at $101 on the day, runs into an absolute star

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    Melb Cup futures punters beware - Equal fav for the Cup Cross Counter is in doubt for the race after suffering an accident overnight sustaining a cut to it's leg, should see it all over the online racing media throughout the day...
    Murray Baker still having to tinker with where botti  goes to  next ;;;;; accepted for moe 2050m on Thursday, and nominated Saturday at  Caulfield 2000m still  47th  in order  for a run in the derby..a win at moe  he would probably scrap into derby        ,all be its   easier company, wheres Saturday 1st 2nd 3rd prizemoney  may be enough. …..  

My belief the strongest part of this horses arsenal , will be the ability to run out a strong 2500m as a early season three year old.     

jum likes this post.

TAB TOUCH .early crow boys, are still giving prices on  39 horses in cox plate.... 1.25 winx,41s emotionless who has a stress fracture of his pelvis is out;; another agency is betting only on 23 horses.might be mug punters but we can read.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Just checked  there was only 25 nominations for the cox plate the two that have been removed from betting with  bet 365... to arrive at twenty three horses are the  autumn sun & emotionless...
  • jumjum    3,516 posts
    Botti was a touch unlucky today STG. don't think the fence was the place to be today. Then got **** mixed when he tried to get off.

Right jum ;thought the blue was gate,1.pre-race..still backed him ..but at  joint   like  moe   it.. doesn't allow you to recover after a check. esp. with 300m straight now probably has to back up in the 2200 at geelong on wed....Hindsight is wonderful think but running on sat,at Caulfield for a big freestriding horse like him as opposed to running on a doog ring.  plus with three chances at decent prizemoney to make a difference for a start in the derby, as opposed to the winners cheque t/day

jum likes this post.

• LuckyLongshotsLuckyLongshots    4,270 posts
    jum said:

If you win and don't mind backing the occasional even money pop? No 1 Autumn Sun looks a special in r4 there too.

Absolutely Slaughtered. I doubt we will see a bigger butchered ride than that this spring.
    :-&  :-&  :-O  :-O  ~X(  ~X(  b-(  b-(
    Hugh Bowman on Ranier?  Racing this Saturday, and I'm backing up again, absolute moral beat last start!

Sixties Groove won the Moe Cup today - probably be scratched from Caulfield Saturday.  Not sure where they're going with him (Weiry ex UK)
  • jumjum    3,516 posts

I was talking about The Autumn Sun when Mcevoy butchered him first up.

But yep Bowman on Ranier was on a par. It will be winning Saturday

detonator, Thunderstruck likes this post.

Here's hoping @Jum ;)

jum likes this post.

I think Yulong January will beat it
    Redemption!! :)>-
    Looks like the cox plate may be less then eight runners ;;;do the betting agencies  pay one, two ,three.  on  all in futures market?...
  • JellJell    1,201 posts

Looks like the cox plate may be less then eight runners ;;;do the betting agencies  pay one, two ,three.  on  all in futures market?...

They should. Most if not all "all ins" are usually 1/4 the odds for 1,2,3 placings. Just because it drops to less than 8 runners doesn't mean they won't pay out on 3 places.

H-BOMBER, savethegame likes this post.

• jumjum    3,516 posts
    edited October 2018

Geelong Derby Trial Tomorrow = Just Rolling. $6

Still some $71 dollars about it for the VRC Derby. Watch the replay when beaten a Cockk hair last start. Some 15 lengths of them at one stage over 2000. I think the trip will help this horse. Might be worth a little eachway for the big one.

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• jumjum    3,516 posts
    jum said:

Geelong Derby Trial Tomorrow = Just Rolling. $6

Still some $71 dollars about it for the VRC Derby. Watch the replay when beaten a Cockk hair last start. Some 15 lengths of them at one stage over 2000. I think the trip will help this horse. Might be worth a little eachway for the big one.

Into $31 on Ladjokes now