G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 20 Non Members

Marasco Excuses & Poll: Pet Distance

West Australian Racing
HotJulesHotJules    226 posts
edited November -1 West Australian Racing
I know he has won a million but what about the poor punters who he has burnt. An overhyped letdown.

Anyway I thought I would start up this so we can collate the excuses and write a book.

Away we go then...

Comments

• bartfargbartfarg    667 posts
    said:

I know he has won a million but what about the poor punters who he has burnt. An overhyped letdown.

Anyway I thought I would start up this so we can collate the excuses and write a book.

Away we go then...

I don't think Marasco cares, which is understandable :roll:
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    No excuses, he failed to perform for whatever reason. If he ran up to his last run, he wins today. He went a lot worse today, probably because I layed him last start and backed him today :annoyed:
  • HotJulesHotJules    226 posts
    Booooo... that isn't an excuse.

Who cares what the horse thinks. Probably thinks he is a crab outside of 1200m.
  • bartfargbartfarg    667 posts
    probably does HJ...nice one
  • darkshinesdarkshines    2,837 posts
    His excuse is he's an inconsistent horse. Like the rat said, his last run wins this easy.
    21k sitting on BF to back Amici at evens.......that tells me this race is all over before it has begun. That is unders on what is publically available. What is known privately?
    What did I tell you? Some serious money privvy to some serious information.
  • LuckyLongshotsLuckyLongshots    4,270 posts
    HJ, you obviously hate Marasco with a vengeance, but who cares?

Nice to see you make an appearance at this time! :lol:

For those actually at the track, you would have noticed that the horse was playing up all the way to the barriers, nearly dropped Pike a few times and never seemed settled at all. Excuses, maybe they are, the only excuse that matters is he wasn't good enough to win the race today.

El Presidente didn't need any excuses today and won well.

I would seriously love to know of which horses you have had that have won more than a million bucks?

Sure the horse loses races, so what?

This forum is turning into the 'which horse do we hate this week' forum!
  • HotJulesHotJules    226 posts
    said:

HJ, you obviously hate Marasco with a vengeance, but who cares?

No I don't but he sure is a cat.
    said:

For those actually at the track, you would have noticed that the horse was playing up all the way to the barriers, nearly dropped Pike a few times and never seemed settled at all. Excuses, maybe they are, the only excuse that matters is he wasn't good enough to win the race today.

Thanks for the excuse. Will go straight into the book.
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Just doesn't look the horse he used to be. Would love to know what happened to him over the spring. He won his last couple off raw ability in my opinion but something isn't right with him.
  • LuckyLongshotsLuckyLongshots    4,270 posts
    Can we purchase this book at the track?

Chris, he simply wasn't himself today (don't care about Hot Jules), the fact he won two weeks ago with 5.5kg more than the rest of the field, says a lot. Today EP was the measuring stick and he didn't turn up to race today.

Obviously a fortnight ago, there was no EP, so the gap between Marasco and the field was greater.

I think something a lot of people have forgotten today, is this race was meant to be run on Saturday and the field would have been primed and trained to the minute for Saturday. In turn, may be the training of Bruce Watkins was better to be able to hold off EP's best performance until today.

Put it this way, I wouldn't have wanted my money on Marasco as he was going to the barriers!

Hot Jules are you any connection to Hot Jules the horse, or are you just insulting the name? Remember some horses just get lucky on Boxing Day!
  • at 1st I thought he was dissapointing, he only beat a horse like Lachino by a more than a length or so. Didnt have the a great run, was buffeted around a bit early, (unlike E who was given a PERFECT ride) I just think the 1200 isnt what he wants, I still think he is a 1400 and 1600m horse. I think Willie maybe didnt show a sense of urgency early and bounce him out, just got back to far too quick.

You dont see a better ride than what J Claite rode today. He did what Willie didnt do, bounced his horse out and put him in the race straight away. In defence of Willie he might not have been able to put Marasco in the race early as he might not have had the dash, but he didnt try so we will never know
  • "Hot Jules are you any connection to Hot Jules the horse, or are you just insulting the name? Remember some horses just get lucky on Boxing Day!"

the stablemate should have trotted in on that Boxing Day
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    Piston Broke i always suspected you new FA and now im convinced ,the RIDE was about the same way he was ridden BRILLIANTLY in the Bolton today he was within 3l got to the outside and didnt let down and didnt get past Oroya Gold ??????????????????
    PB have a look at his last sectional doesnt look like his norm?????
    I declared him from the rooftops and are convinced there must have been something not right but will say and i backed Willie all all his 3 winners today the ride was certainly not the reason he went like a BUSTED BUM !!!!
    HEY PB remember Pikeys back
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    I'm with PB on this one dungy. It wasn't a day for Marasco to come from there and he didn't. Whether he was frazzled or not it just wasn't his race today and he still finished off okay but El wasn't to be beaten with a ride like Claite's.
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    Chris i respect your opinion but didnt Cohort ,and a few others come from of the pace down the middle and win i firmly believe and will show my hand iam a HUGE W Pike fan but that horse [M] didnt ping today simple as that even if ridden in a more forward position he still couldnt beat home Oroya Gold ,Artic Park with the greatest of respect for both gallopers on his norm Marasco would EAT those 2 ???? was within striking distance to win -IMO
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Let's not under value what El Presidente did today, by his trainers standards he is a run short, he wasn't even aimed at this race, so Saturday week he will be unbackable. On the other hand Marasco couldn't run past Oroya Gold or Artic Park at WFA, surely this can't be the the makings of a true Group horse ? You can make all the excuses you want to make, but in my opinion he is simply not good enough. He showed that towards the end of his last Melbourne campaign. He is an outstanding horse on the WA scene, but on a national stage he is just a bit player.

Also for someone to suggest that with FRK being away and Dodger being the blame is a bit ordinary, I don't think Fred would have anyone believe that anything that happens in his stable is nobody's fault other than his own.
  • Dungy, IMO Marasco had to be ridden more FWD, Willie went back as soon as they jumped, I never saw his last start, but he didnt have EP in that race. Willie maybe a bit 1 dimensional on M, or maybe he was riding to instructions, but I cannot imagine the instructions were to drag back at the start

Dungy u better look at the race again, this time open your eyes, M was never within 3l off the pace, if he had of been he would have been inside E P. You may be correct I might know FA so does that means you know SFA
  • your a very confused soul Dungy

"Chris i respect your opinion"
    "Piston Broke i always suspected you new FA and now im convinced"

Chris agreed with me

by the way whats a NEW FA, is it the new Ford?
    The leaders went mad in Cohorts race - it was one of very few races where any backmarkers made ground.

IMO I can forgive the Marasco performance today, I missed his misbehaving on the way to the gates but seemed he wasnt switched on and blew it early doors - his last 600m was still quality
  • BlakeBlake    8,176 posts
    said:

at 1st I thought he was dissapointing, he only beat a horse like Lachino by a more than a length or so. Didnt have the a great run, was buffeted around a bit early, (unlike E who was given a PERFECT ride) I just think the 1200 isnt what he wants, I still think he is a 1400 and 1600m horse. I think Willie maybe didnt show a sense of urgency early and bounce him out, just got back to far too quick.

You dont see a better ride than what J Claite rode today. He did what Willie didnt do, bounced his horse out and put him in the race straight away. In defence of Willie he might not have been able to put Marasco in the race early as he might not have had the dash, but he didnt try so we will never know

totally agree piston his last 100 was fine and he wants 7 or a mile already he was 3rd up today remember and when has he been still at 1200m in a good class race at this stage of his prep. got left flat footed and hit the line well. as soon as he landed 3 lengths off El Pres i declared him to the boys i was with no hope of running him down.3 votes for the scobie breasley medal for Jean Pierre Claitey that was an absolute cracker of a ride.
  • winterrainwinterrain    61 posts
    Can't the morons appear..the knockers...hot jules, rodent,piston broke,darkshine,tete,..the same knockers every post...name the subject they'll be there... knocking first chance they get...imbeciles who can't spell their own names....read their previous posts...probably sitting alone waiting for the phone to ring...heres a chance.. marasco..got beaten at 2s on ..bag every thing to do with it...do you think they live in dingy homes...drive dingy cars..have no friends and hate everyone including footy supporters....wake up.. .marasco is nearly a champion looking for more ground...fred doesn't care ...he's got his
  • [DeletedUser][DeletedUser]    0 posts
    Gee the nasty side of you didn't take long to re-appear, Winter Rain.
    I thought those couple of decent posts were the beginning of the new you.
    Obviously i was wrong.
  • RuffianRuffian    227 posts
    Wasnt it George Hanlon who said...Horses are only Human sometimes ?
    said:

Can't the morons appear..the knockers...hot jules, rodent,piston broke,darkshine,tete,..the same knockers every post...name the subject they'll be there... knocking first chance they get...imbeciles who can't spell their own names....read their previous posts...probably sitting alone waiting for the phone to ring...heres a chance.. marasco..got beaten at 2s on ..bag every thing to do with it...do you think they live in dingy homes...drive dingy cars..have no friends and hate everyone including footy supporters....wake up.. .marasco is nearly a champion looking for more ground...fred doesn't care ...he's got his

I highlighted my own comments from earlier in the week. I declared that I didn't think the horse was a true Group horse, today confirmed it.

You say Fred doesn't care, that being the case I feel sorry for him, but I think your wrong, his financial stability couldn't buy him success today.

If you think I am a knocker, your also wrong. I contribute to racing in several ways, but I doubt you would understand.
  • said:

that from a moron who bags T Andrews at any opportunity
  • redjavelinredjavelin    213 posts
    not the real marasco today and a poor pike ride....thats my two cents worth.
  • lordwaterlordwater    1,127 posts
    A picnic match race between Marasco----Apache Cat----El Presidente would settle things----but alas I think those days are gone.
  • neuchneuch    619 posts
    There was no zip. Oroya Gold beat him home at level weights :shock:
  • BlakeBlake    8,176 posts
    where did piston knock the horse WR?? said at 1st he was disappointed then went on to say he needs further.