G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 33 Non Members

GP Tuesday 15/10

Harness & Greyhounds
Unless you have one going around, a lot of the mid week Tuesday Meetings at GP can be a bit ho hum.....for a lot of the big stables, they are trackwork for returning stars, like we have seen with King Of Swing etc....and yesterday no exception. Golden State did what he had to do very nicely but looked far from fully wound up, Max Phactor, well that was trackwork for him....and Glenpherrie Typhoon just runs the gate and trots off with the cash. Some of the other races see ...and I hate the term...."battlers" fight it out for a cheque.....and I am am in no way knocking them, I definitely had one in that category. But every now and then, something very nice emerges. If you didn't see or haven't watched Mista Editorial's win, check it out. It drifted in the market but breezed, complete with a destroyed right tyre/wheel and won super impressively in 1.56.5 from a very game Soho Reaper (Hasn't Mike williams got her going well).  Looks to have a lot of upside.....The other favoured runner Hasani sweated up, got caught wide, appeared a bit unhappy and as the saying goes, sweat up, look away....but wouldn't be writing him off just yet. And have a look at Dibaba in the last.....all dressed up for Halloween with its headgear.....and it worked, it won!! And to top off a good meeting, Emily Suvaljko steers a good race to win on Bettor Bling on her 18th birthday. Enjoyable afternoon on nice sunny day.
+1 -1

VillageKid, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Comments

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Was on Hilo Angus at $101 & $17 e/w in Mr Ed's race......was hilo unlucky not to be fighting out the finish and ran 4th...of course he did.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Haha, Angus just keeps on giving for old Tom doesn't he, an enduring old standardbred. He ran a terrific race in the Trayning Cup behind Soho Reaper, gate 12 wasn't much help to him, good value bet.
    Mike Williams has Reaper going at career best level for sure with a bit of upside to him in terms of regular earning capacity. Old Angus was way overs especially with the scratching bringing him in to two off the back line and wasn't afforded much peace trying to get out on the corner. There is little difference between a Kellerberrin race and that race ....the same types of horses meet and barriers are hugely important from occasion to occasion.GP tuesday seems to be putting on a few races for the rebate consortiums lately.....trackwork as you say.
  • Browny123Browny123    97 posts
    Would be interested to know if either of you gentlemen have got any handle on the new handicapping system?Looks complicated for a simpleton like myself
    I think I have in general terms Browny but it's like the changes in the footy rules for me.......with appropriate umpiring I didn't see much wrong with the old setup. Also....every time I go out on a limb and declare I am across something new I tend to wind up bogged up to my axles in stuff I never thought of 8-}. So in essence we are all in a holding pattern until the curtain rises.