G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 37 Non Members

Comments

• spinkingspinking    3,739 posts

Your surely not suggesting another Freo coach who wont see out his contract are you Deto

Wonder what has happened to old mate Dungy. I used to enjoy his banter love it or hate it

jum likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Haha. That is exactly what I am saying Spin.
    The jungle drums are beating very loudly.
    RTB can say in his presser that they haven't had any blowouts etc. Losing margins avg 11pts blah blah. Losing to Carlton at home and Gold Coast are NOT honourable losses.
    The last I heard from Dungy was a foul mouthed rant on the messaging and it sounded like he flipped out. 8-}
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Don’t forget the thumping from the Richmond VFL team......

Manchild, RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    I had a rabid Docker supporter really giving me the run down up to about round 8 or 9, and now nothing!!!!!!!

Yep its great that they all get excited and start to believe, but it is rarely sustainable. And THAT is why i say the club needs a clean out. Have the players at times to play well, dont have the club to allow them to sustain it..
    The footage shown on the 7 news tonight, would have liked to know what RTB said to B. Hill I think it was before he over empaphisided his hand behind back stance. Looked like a big kid who just didn't get his own way

oldhendo likes this post.

edited July 2019
    spinking said:

The footage shown on the 7 news tonight, would have liked to know what RTB said to B. Hill I think it was before he over empaphisided his hand behind back stance. Looked like a big kid who just didn't get his own way

I was told about the Hill and RTB thing and needed to have a look myself.
    My take on the incident was that RTB was moving into position to stand and watch the rest of the presentation. Brad Sheperd just received the Ben Allen medal. RTB was moving towards Hill also in the direction of the ground exit . I reckon Hill thought the presentation was over and going to follow RTB off the ground, but then RTB said stay till the trophy was handed over. Then Hill turned back around.
    If nothing else it shows where Brad Hill's head was and it wasn't at the task at hand.
    But I stand corrected. :-?
  • saxonsaxoffsaxonsaxoff    179 posts
    Always nice to jump on and read a bunch of high and mighty eagles supporters sink the boots in post game. Not a single post from any of you in the lead up to the derby but quick to jump in after the event. Obviously not going to try and defend the deplorable effort on the weekend but I think I've read 1 post saying how good the eagles were on the weekend, it appears most eagles supporters actually enjoy freo losing more than they do the eagles winning.  

• oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    You hit the spot there Saxon.
    Any football journalist in the land has said how good the Eagles were on the weekend Saxon .Just who do you barrack for ?. And the Dockers were sh.. were they not. Yeah I love it when the high and mighty eagles smash the dockers . Were you at the game mate did you even watch it . You know f..k all about football if your saying the Eagles were not very very good on the weekend
    spinking said:

Any football journalist in the land has said how good the Eagles were on the weekend Saxon .Just who do you barrack for ?. And the Dockers were sh.. were they not. Yeah I love it when the high and mighty eagles smash the dockers . Were you at the game mate did you even watch it . You know f..k all about football if your saying the Eagles were not very very good on the weekend

Thanks for helping make my point this is exactly what I was talking about. The eagles were exceptional on the weekend and the dockers were deplorable as I stated. I have now mentioned twice that the eagles were good on the weekend making it twice as many times as any eagles supporter. 
    Thanks for clarifying that Saxon.Becuase in the post above the only indication of you saying the Eagles were good was you stating you read I post saying they were good. To me that indicates they were the posters thoughts not yours
    detonator said:

Eagles very impressive tonight. Eagles flexed their muscles. How good was the "big black panther".
    Rumour Peter Sumich to coach the Dockers next season. Jarrod Scofield his assistant.

Above is my post after the derby demolition.
    I would have posted before the game how the Eagles were going to smash the deplorable Dockers but I didn't have time cause I was too busy taking the $1.38 and absolutely loading up. \:D/
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Who would want to talk up the Weagles after such an insipid display by the opposition. It'd be like stating the obvious, and no-one likes  to have their noses rubbed in it.

As bad as the Dorkers where i don't think we still have good gauge on if the Weagels have clicked into 2018 mode or the Dockers have slipped into RTB denial stage...again.

If they can come out and beat the Colliwobbles, Bears and The Western Bulldogs, with a similar sort of dominance then i'll start to feel comfortable.

Until then,they thrashed an insipid team that is lacking leadership and direction, and had lost to the two bottom teams in the past fortnight... The Big Crow is still along way off
    detonator said:

detonator said:

Eagles very impressive tonight. Eagles flexed their muscles. How good was the "big black panther".
    Rumour Peter Sumich to coach the Dockers next season. Jarrod Scofield his assistant.

I would have posted before the game how the Eagles were going to smash the deplorable Dockers but I didn't have time cause I was too busy taking the $1.38 and absolutely loading up. \:D/
    Hope you got a piece of Shep for the medal  as well they were some very tasty odds

detonator said:

detonator said:

Hope you got a piece of Shep for the medal  as well they were some very tasty odds

Shep had a good game but B.O.G ?
    I heard Jack Darling say to Jamie Cripps after the medal was awarded that he was ripped off. Albeit with a smile on his face.
    Not into individual player betting except for GF but Shep would have been juicy odds for sure.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    detonator said:

detonator said:

detonator said:

but Shep would have been juicy odds for sure.
    Mate of mine  had $10 @ $61

RIO, detonator likes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    edited July 2019

Always nice to jump on and read a bunch of high and mighty eagles supporters sink the boots in post game. Not a single post from any of you in the lead up to the derby but quick to jump in after the event. Obviously not going to try and defend the deplorable effort on the weekend but I think I've read 1 post saying how good the eagles were on the weekend, it appears most eagles supporters actually enjoy freo losing more than they do the eagles winning.  

I'm glad you used the term "most". I've been an avid West Coast supporter ever since I watched the 1992 Grand Final when I was 6, which is still one of my earliest things I remember like it was yesterday.

I do consider Fremantle my second team though, if you can have one, probably comes from my Dad since he started supporting them second ever since they joined. It is painful too see what they have been through especially now. It got to a point a long time ago where Ross Lyon HAS to go before this team can move forward. The fact he's lasted this long is laughable.

RIO, detonator likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    I agree Jell and that is why i am saying that the team behind the team also needs to grow a backbone. As a club they need to stop the negativity. Which has been there ever since they didn't get to the GF the year after they did...

The sooner they start the clean out...the quicker they will recover
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    And now he’s quoting that they won’t be judged by their results!!!
    FFS , unless you’re coaching juniors, results are the only thing that matters.
    He’s totally lost it

RIO, Manchild, detonator likes this post.

Looking forward to a close game tonight.

[-O<

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Me too hendo. Just hoping it's for more than the first quarter!!!

And more than two goals.

;))
    edited July 2019
    Good luck tonight old hendo. I reckon you will need it though.
    Your boys looked cooked last week.
    If I was Bucks I would be treating this week as a bonding session. Enjoy our sunny Perth weather and prepare for the back end of the season.
    Hope I haven't gone the early crow and it comes back to bite me . :-SS
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    edited July 2019
    oldhendo said:

And more than two goals.

;))
    hahaha. Half time and i hope the Weagles win..... However its the best half of footy i have seen this year and if the second half is as good as this the result may not be that important
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Beaten fair and square the wiggles tonight

spinking, detonator, RIO likes this post.

Going to bed now and will sleep well.

H-BOMBER, detonator, jum, RIO likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,890 posts
    The Eagles hey - on their home deck - 1 lousy point in the last 45 minutes

Make no mistake - they layed down like a dog with the mange
    BRADY.

Thank you for inviting our team to Perth to play against your team, we would like to come back again if you can organize it.

ps. The beer on the plane home will be very nice.

HE HE

L-)

Gilgamesh, RIO likes this post.

Pies too good tonight. Absorbing contest.
    Lots of sub plots to come out of it I reckon.
    Bucks coached well. Lots of forward blocking allowing cox and myercheck to take marks.
    Well done old hendo. Enjoy the win.
    For me that second half was like a slow death.