0 Members & 27 Non Members

New Handicapping System for the Trots

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• westerncatwesterncat    22 posts
    maybeso said:

Markovina said:

maybeso said:

According to RWWA there have been 70 horses exported to the Eastern States in the past 12 months. There have been 91 horses imported into WA in the same time, from all states and NZ. There have been 25 horses exported to the USA.

Your numbers are out a tad, Jay Jay.
    Not being rude - but i think your being misleading 

The NZ imports ( re this discussion ) are 1000% irrelevant 

What is relevant is - of those 91 horses imported - how many are from the Eastern States - you say 70 horses have been exported to the E/States - then give us the number imported from the E/States then we are comparing Apples with Apples 
    I have no idea of the breakdown. A question was asked, and an answer was given. If you want to know the breakdown you could talk to RWWA and ask for it, I'd have thought.

If RWWA has these stats on hand without having to look them up, I think it would be pretty safe to assume that RWWA is aware the horse population drain is of concern.

What they plan to do to deal with the situation is anyone's guess.
    It seems they aren't aware of the horse population, 6 meetings a week recently, with double Friday and collie/bridgetown/williams/central Sunday's.

6 meetings programmed for next week too!

Surely some of theses would have been canceled months ago
  • maybesomaybeso    77 posts

maybeso said:

Markovina said:

maybeso said:

According to RWWA there have been 70 horses exported to the Eastern States in the past 12 months. There have been 91 horses imported into WA in the same time, from all states and NZ. There have been 25 horses exported to the USA.

What is relevant is - of those 91 horses imported - how many are from the Eastern States - you say 70 horses have been exported to the E/States - then give us the number imported from the E/States then we are comparing Apples with Apples 
    I have no idea of the breakdown. A question was asked, and an answer was given. If you want to know the breakdown you could talk to RWWA and ask for it, I'd have thought.

If RWWA has these stats on hand without having to look them up, I think it would be pretty safe to assume that RWWA is aware the horse population drain is of concern.

It seems they aren't aware of the horse population, 6 meetings a week recently, with double Friday and collie/bridgetown/williams/central Sunday's.

6 meetings programmed for next week too!

Surely some of theses would have been canceled months ago
    Why would they want to do that?

Turnover on WATAB is going gang busters. Turnover on Tuesday at GP with 8 races and 7 horse fields is up bucket loads. Sunday meeting turnover is up by up to 150%, from $80k to $200k.

If people want to punt then give them product to punt on.

It also works out well for participants. It is easier to earn when you only have limited numbers to beat home in a race.
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    361 posts
    maybeso said:

Markovina said:

maybeso said:

I think the last few months  RWWA have been concentrating on getting the new mobiles going...............

westerncat, freodockers likes this post.

• westerncatwesterncat    22 posts
    edited March 25
    AbbysAce said:

maybeso said:

Markovina said:

maybeso said:

I think the last few months  RWWA have been concentrating on getting the new mobiles going...............

Exactly! One thing at a time
    JayJay said:

Mares (that I know of from my inaccurate and apparently conservative list):

Rousey, Salome Miss, Tajie Baby, Semi Ramide, Dracarys,Soho Major Player, The Glass Ceiling, Rockstar Diva, Georgie Mae, Nightwatch Star, Lady Lani, Get Ready To Rock, Modern Flicks, Fair La Fete, Faiselle, Lucinda Jamar, Camilla, Taroona Bromac
    I was told that RWWA are releasing a report into horse numbers, including movements interstate and overseas very shortly. Like a lot of things one is told RWWA will be releasing, I will believe it is happening when a report is issued.

westerncat likes this post.

maybeso said:

Markovina said:

maybeso said:

Another tidbit.

RWWA wanted to use the mobile at Pinjarra Monday. The drivers requested it be used in trials first, so was used at trials at Pinjarra Tuesday without issue. RWWA would like to use it at GP Friday, but are waiting for clarification from the drivers. The expert is over from Victoria until the mobiles have been commissioned and are in use at race meetings. Ifnot Friday, Bunbury Saturday may see the new mobiles first.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    3,655 posts

AbbysAce said:

maybeso said:

Markovina said:

maybeso said:

Exactly! One thing at a time

Will be due for its first major service before its ever done a meeting!

VillageKid, westerncat likes this post.